It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is Science, Creationists Delusional

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So now we're down to attacking the theory based on semantics?

When you don't understand the science, attack the language and pretend you can bring down the whole house of cards. It's the last refuge of people who don't know what they're talking about.
edit on 4/23/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)
Do you understand the science?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga

When you don't understand the science, attack the language and pretend you can bring down the whole house of cards. It's the last refuge of people who don't know what they're talking about.

When it comes to the theory of evolution...yeah.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga

Yes. A hell of a lot better than you do. You can't even get your logical fallacies straight.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow.

I'll actually reply to all of you who quoted me.

YES, I know Evolution THEORY. The "Theory" stems from the Big Bang, which is an Explosion of Energy/Light from NOTHING. This explosion of matter from NOTHING "un-magically" turned Dust into Planets (via collisions) and Living Cells which Multiplied, became more complex, and created all the different forms of life.

Am I wrong, or did I misread everything by Neil deGrasse Tyson? *Hint.. I'm right*

"You don't even know what I believe yet you automatically jump to "he's another believer in GOD!!!" ZOMGWTFBBQ look at him and his ideologies! BWAHAHAHAHAHA."

Anything I missed?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
YES, I know Evolution THEORY. The "Theory" stems from the Big Bang, which is an Explosion of Energy/Light from NOTHING. This explosion of matter from NOTHING "un-magically" turned Dust into Planets (via collisions) and Living Cells which Multiplied, became more complex, and created all the different forms of life.
You KNOW evolution theory?

You couldn't be wronger. Evolution does NOT stem from the big bang, and the big bang is NOT based on matter coming from NOTHING. Get your facts straight.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

You couldn't be wronger. Evolution does NOT stem from the big bang, and the big bang is NOT based on matter coming from NOTHING. Get your facts straight.

So the precursor to your Theory is not the Big Bang?

YOU couldn't be more wrong. For your Theory to hold up, you have to include the BIG BANG, as you evolutionists don't even consider Divine Creation.

edit on 4/25/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Wow.

I'll actually reply to all of you who quoted me.

Am I wrong, or did I misread everything by Neil deGrasse Tyson? *Hint.. I'm right*

"You don't even know what I believe yet you automatically jump to "he's another believer in GOD!!!" ZOMGWTFBBQ look at him and his ideologies! BWAHAHAHAHAHA."

Anything I missed?

You can't seem to understand the difference between the...

- theory of evolution.
- big bang theory.
- hypothesis (!!) of abiogenesis.

If you want to criticise evolution, at least bother doing a bit of research to understand what it really means

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You can't seem to understand the difference between the...
- theory of evolution.
- big bang theory.
- hypothesis (!!) of abiogenesis.

To him it's all the same, a big conspiracy against his precious religious dogma

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

YOU couldn't be more wrong. For your Theory to hold up, you have to include the BIG BANG, as you evolutionists don't even consider Divine Creation.

Um, the Big Bang is the precursor to EVERYTHING in the universe, you could use that argument for any scientific theory out there
. That doesn't mean it's part of the theory of evolution, OR that anything EVER came from nothing. That's how creationism works. Everything is made out of nothing because god is magical. Big Bang begins with a singularity, NOT nothing. Evolution is genetic mutations sorted by natural selection, a biological process that has absolutely nothing to do with the big bang theory. You need to do a little research before running your trap about something based on nothing but deceptive creationist websites. Do the research, it's not that hard. It's hilarious how so many people refuse to do an ounce of research, but are so quick to believe ANYTHING that a 3rd party tells them without proof or any type of evidence whatsoever, simply because they are emotionally invested in their faith. Trying using some logic. Faith and science are compatible, unless you have more faith in a compilation book than god himself.

edit on 26-4-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

the Big Bang is the precursor to EVERYTHING in the universe

Imagine that - so you do BELIEVE that the universe had a beginning just like what the Scriptures said about the "heavens" - the universe - and the earth had a beginning.

looks like there's hope.

tc.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411
Are you looking for a half-lizard half-mammal? The whole principal behind evolution is that these species developed along their own evolutionary tree. A lizard didn't just give birth to a hairy mammal one day.

So... you're saying that a HUUUUGE explosion happened out of nothing, in which DUST collided with DUST, formed planets, and somehow this dust also "evolved" into single cell organisms, which then somehow "evolved" into multi-cellular organisms, and then somehow branched off into Plants, Animals, & Humans?! That makes no sense without 1/3 Plant - 1/3 Lizard - 1/3 Mammal concoctions.

^^ This is also to say that the Environment "Evolved" with the freak-creature-concoctions, and provided just enough stimulus for them to have to adapt into the variants we have now without killing them off??? That's absolutely plausible [insert sarcasm].

Evolution is also responsible for the intricate web of symbiosis encompassing EVERY living thing, down to the tiniest organism? Go do some searching on "cleaning symbiosis" and read up.

Evolution is responsible for Humans?! Isn't the point of Evolution to adapt to a more suitable form/function in our environment? Right there is a reason Evolution is a gimmick. We [humans] are completely helpless at birth, our whole lives are easily influenced by our upbringing and care, and we are easily killed off at a young age. Cockroaches are far more cut out to use as an example for Evolution. At least you could say they live in any environment and are pretty much guaranteed to survive a nuclear fallout. lol

To think that everything came from dust and a 1:100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 [continued...] chance is 100% ridiculous.

BTW, Radio-Carbon dating is a joke. You could Carbon Date my brand new shoes and they would be 3Billion years old.

edit on 4/20/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: Forgot the Environment Part...

Ever notice how creationist can never seem to provide ANY evidence for their "Claim"? They only seem to manage to point out flaws in evolutionary theory, (Which if you know anything about science, its not right 100% of the time)

Creationist do not hold the ball on anything, the only evidence they have is a few pages in a book and some pseudo-scientist feeding them lies.

Also carbon dating doesn't work for everything, why don't you actually read something on the subject before just "OHH HAHA CARBON DATING DOESN'T WORK LOL THEREFORE EVOLUTION IS WRONG!"

Here I'll even give you a link! See here.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You do not understand anything your talking about.

The big bang is (was) NOT an "Explosion of Energy/Light from NOTHING

The Big Bang, was the event itself that caused the expansion of space - time.

You make it sound like the Big Bang was an explosion in space; It was not. It was the literal expansion of space - time itself.

Current scientific work suspects that their are many Universes, each on it's own membrane, and when two membrane's "hit" a big bang is formed in a new universe (this is just one "model" , you see, science actually progresses and works on itself to expand.

And, funny how you creationists never extend your own logic to your own made up fabricated Overlord.

You laugh because we currently do not know solidly what caused the Big Bang, yet have no problem with a God who wasn't created?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

You do not understand anything your talking about.

The big bang is (was) NOT an "Explosion of Energy/Light from NOTHING

The Big Bang, was the event itself that caused the expansion of space - time.

You make it sound like the Big Bang was an explosion in space; It was not. It was the literal expansion of space - time itself.

Current scientific work suspects that their are many Universes, each on it's own membrane, and when two membrane's "hit" a big bang is formed in a new universe (this is just one "model" , you see, science actually progresses and works on itself to expand.

I'm reading a book on string theory and M theory right now and my head is about to implode. I find it much easier to conceive of a multiverse than M theory as a whole.

The latest theory is that even in a vacuum, there are still quantum fluctuations and enough energy can be "borrowed" from the vacuum to cause the Big Bang.

And, funny how you creationists never extend your own logic to your own made up fabricated Overlord.

You laugh because we currently do not know solidly what caused the Big Bang, yet have no problem with a God who wasn't created?

Something else they conveniently overlook: if it's possible that God always existed, why is it impossible that the universe couldn't have always existed as well?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here are a list of 20 questions that are put forth by the Author of this website:
www.evillusion.net...

Discuss whether the eye evolved in one species, which then spread vision to other species. Or, did the eye evolve in numerous species all in unison, at about the same time? Detail how this actually took place.

Blood couldn’t exist until there was a heart to pump it. And, lungs would be useless to oxygenate the blood if there were no pump and vessels to get oxygenated blood to the needy cells. Which evolved first, the lung? The heart, then the lung was added? The heart, then the vessels, then the lung was added? Was the blood added after the heart or before? Did the nerve connection to the brain come after or before the heart evolved? Did they all evolve at the same time? Detail the order of evolution for the lung, the blood, the blood vessels, the heart, the nervous hookup to the brain for the lung and heart, the brain controller, and discuss your reasons for positioning each one.

About the author:
Quote from website:

In undergraduate studies in college I majored in biological sciences. I attended dental school, and graduated in 1967. For most of the time since, I was an avid fan of Charles Darwin and evolution. Obviously, not now. I make YouTube videos, many of which are on this site, under the pseudonym stevebee92653, on the subject of evolution. I spent over thirteen years engineering products for the dental profession. Most of that time I was also working as a full time dentist, so for quite a long time I was working over 100 hours a week. I am now retired. I own four current patents, and have several patent applications on other products.

More on www.evillusion.net...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

All well said.

I tried to flag and star.... and failed .... where are the flag and star icons located? lol

Yea, string theory and M theory and stuff is VERY complex. And I find that religious people do not like VERY complex.
Religious people are the type, that when they are in grade school and learning simple math like addition and substraction.... with religious people it goes like this...

Teacher: Today we will learn to add. Let's start with the basics. 0 + 1 = 1

Religious Student: It's not possible for 0 + 1 = 1... how can a number exist and come from 0 ? Any equation with 0 should end in 0

The above hypothetical is how creationists approach evolutionists lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

So the author is a dentist and had no schooling in biology or evolution, and hasn't done a single experiment or research project about evolution. Just wanted to make sure because it sounds like he has no idea about anatomy whatsoever. The heart evolved long before the longs, and the very first organisms had neither. It's not like one day we had a single celled organism and then the next we suddenly have a a creature with lungs and heart that breathes oxygen and has B- blood type. All of that guy's "20 questions" are very easily answered, and pretty much prove he doesn't have a clue of what he's talking about. Funny website, although you have to be REALLY gullible to believe any of that horse dung.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Evolution can not be shown to be correct.

The mere mathematical odds against it are so vast that by the time the first cell could "assume" to form any mutli-cellular entity the universe would have passed away in entropy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The mere mathematical odds against it are so vast that by the time the first cell could "assume" to form any mutli-cellular entity the universe would have passed away in entropy.

Too bad you are wrong. Biological evolution has been shown to exist and the process can be measured and observed in ANY creature on earth that you choose. What mathematical odds are against evolution and how do you determine that? Give me actual numbers and justify them please. Prove to me that the "universe would have passed away in entropy" within 3 billion years. Clearly it has not, since we are here 14 billion years after the universe as we know it, began. Sounds like another creationist claiming they know more about science than the actual scientists again and grossly misrepresenting it because of a literal interpretation of ancient stories. The fun never ends, here.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

"The earliest hominids could stand and walk upright. They were shorter, but had nicely developed knees that allowed the leg to straighten out fully. "

"nicely developed knees" yes i concur.

probably because of a lot of *Squats. So it would be reasonable too speculate that the took a lots of squats, probably being berry eaters, one can easisly extrapulate , squats from trots, due too, nicely developed knees.
But as a scientist i must ask,, did they find any toilet paper,???
As this would of course make,, (insert latin type name),,,,a true human.

lol

Me.

*see bone develpment and ligatures.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Too bad you are wrong. Biological evolution has been shown to exist and the process can be measured and observed in ANY creature on earth that you choose. What mathematical odds are against evolution and how do you determine that? Give me actual numbers and justify them please. Prove to me that the "universe would have passed away in entropy" within 3 billion years. Clearly it has not, since we are here 14 billion years after the universe as we know it, began. Sounds like another creationist claiming they know more about science than the actual scientists again and grossly misrepresenting it because of a literal interpretation of ancient stories. The fun never ends, here.

No, not correct. And there are two distinct groups of people who believe in creation. One thunks the Earth is 6,000 years old, and the other who believes the Earth is 4.5 billion years or so old. I am of the 4.5 billion group.

Evolution simply cannot work because of the randomness and the fact that any organism doing one thing would have no knowledge of needing to pass it on to the next generation, nor would any following organism know the need to keep it. So math is on my side by far. And math alone condemns evolution to to rubbish heap of ideas.

Life is far too complex to be a chance event with spontaneous knowledge and understanding.

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join