It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well researched, academically verifiable, artictulate theories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is far too much fuzz and nonsense out there in this world conspiracy thought soup. I have posted what I think is one of the most well researched, articulate and plausible conspiracies documented so far as an example of how it should be done.

I am hoping to generate discussion upon both this and other Curtis documentaries.

I am also wanting to generate a general although intelligent discussion upon the nature of forming and verifying theories.

What is New Age really? Thinking in a social, anthropological and historical context.

Why have people formed apocalyptic/end world scenarios, again what historical and anthropological evidence do we have and what does this tell us?

Why do people feel the need to posit secret all controlling cabals? What is significant about this?

I as much as anyone am intrigued by what I am finding around me I just have a hard job buying in to the spurious claims that seem to inevitably spring up around these events.

video.google.com...#

[edit on 18-12-2008 by The Law]

[edit on 19-12-2008 by The Law]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sorry,the link isn't working.It would be nice if there were more research done when making a point here.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Law

Is there a non-video presentation of whatever conspiracy theory it is you think is well researched?

I just don't really trust videos, since they rarely provide their sources, or bibliography, or anything beyond assertions, pretty pictures, and atmospheric music.

It would be really great if you would outline the main points of the theory that you support here in the thread, so that people could tell whether it's something they're interested in or not

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They will crash financial markets......create a bio chemical condition ....remember the article 20,000 troops in USA by 2011...to control civil unrest and bio chemical attacks...

You will be quarantined...and sent to gas chamber...or choose your own death...be creative...they will than say no food ohhhh my.....you will make a line for food and water...and off you go to the gas.....

you wont bite the hand that feeds you...when it comes you have already been conditioned to accept it...their will be no revolution....

2007-08 alot of the movie plots deal with quarantine and bombing its citizens...they are giving you the blue print sheep.......

ok why the illuminati is created by you..........

Those in power are like the sheppard they lead the sheep to sheering.....

You are the sheep..........

The resources in the world cannot continue to sustain people who contribute nothing to society......

The sheep depend on the hand that feeds them for everything...
mortgages....Credit cards...(thats money you didnt work for so why are you advancing yourself that money)....car loans....student loans....

when they layed out money on the table....which later became the housing bubble....which burst....did people take no money....did people take only what they needed...or did they take everything they could and hoard the rest....True freedom is to be self sustainable which most of america isnt...and to be responsible for your own life...you are the author ...but instead you gave control away and demanded to be led....so now they are leading its not there fault that the sheep are like alley cats...lazy not willing to hunt..to self sustain and are always asking for handouts.....

Do you know what the HUMANE SOCIETY does.....pay attention to the name...HUMANE SOCIETY....they kill alley cats everyday ...they say they do it to prevent it from suffering....because there arent enough handouts to go around...

the rules of nature cannot be changed for you....if you cannot sustain yourself...you will be dealt with....

I dont use "we" or "us"...i use "me"....when you say we or us your asking to be led....

when you give control to someone else you are at their mercy...and so they will be coming for you........

i dont need anyone on this forum to survive....or to die...having the sheep come along will only make things worst because they cant hunt...build shelter....tell me which berry is good to eat and which is poisonous....all their good for is watching mtv...and so they will perish......

rules of nature the strong survive....the weak perish.....

when they come it wont be for we...itll be for you......

Good Luck sheep.......

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose Head

Moose, this is the second time you've posted this reply in as many threads. Do you have anything else to add? I'm not trying to be rude but your preaching to the choir here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The link to the video works fine on my end. I would have thought that Adam Curtis would have been a well known figure around these parts? The docu posted here and its sequel 'The power of Nightmares' deals in mind control based upon the theory of mind, action and emotion according to Freud. It was his daughter Anna and also his grandson Edward who saw the practical applications of his theory. It is here that PR, market research, focus groups and the eventual co-modification of politics was born.

The power of nightmares is interesting in that it delves into the political philosophy underpinning neo-conservatism. I would say that this research is real and verifiable. I.e. it is based in theory that I can check for myself against the evidence presented in the docu. This documentary more than anything else I have seen or read about has illuminated me on the moral underpinning of the bush political machine the last 8 years.

I hope some of you check them out. They are knockdown.

All this talk about sheep and sheepal really is a bit dense moose head, surely we can think a little more deeply than that?!! Our identities are plural, fluid and inter-dependent.

I like people and I like them to be different from each other. Humanity is essentially about the gift and moving as far as possible towards altruism, creating as equal a platform as possible so that people can choose to fufill their potential. I don't think it is helpful spouting general paranoid unfounded opinions about very large groups of people. You just end up sounding bitter and ugly.
Christ if we all followed you we would be living in bivvys in the woods, catching fish with hawthorn barbs and making designs upon our sisters!

Education really does give us an ability to think for ourselves. Society is a good place for a a lot of people. Mind you I dont know what the states are like. WOuld love to go one day.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
reply to post by Moose Head

Moose, this is the second time you've posted this reply in as many threads. Do you have anything else to add? I'm not trying to be rude but your preaching to the choir here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im not preaching...and dont respond to my comments think of me as a giant airplane dropping pamphlets on a city....with no return address...if youve read it before...just pass it on to your neighbor...

join