It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Is Going On In Montreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Something is going in here in Montreal

There's a heavy increase in police, firefighters and ambulance
It's as if they are doing intensive drills to get ready for something big.

even people at work have been speaking of it and many of use have been noticing alot of military helicopters and there were some checkpoints on the highway, and there's NEVER checkpoints here in Montreal.

It's as if they are getting ready for something MASSIVE!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
wow this totally slipped in the cracks

Police carefully patrol protest in volatile Montreal neighbourhood

LINK

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
wtf are you talking about. Where did you see checkpoint wich were probably for winter tires anyway and where did you see military vehicle?

I am in montreal and I want to know more about that

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah....I'm not in Montreal but close enough, my daughter spent yesterday in the city and no mention of anything and I haven't heard anything either. Probably just checking tires.....stupidest law that I've ever heard of.

If you have more info please share.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Montreal is a HAVEN for non citizens from the middle east.
Just a fact.

I wouldn't doubt something is bound to happen up there.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Montreal is a HAVEN for non citizens from the middle east.
Just a fact.

I wouldn't doubt something is bound to happen up there.

What does the Middle-East have to do with this?! Being a non-citizen doesn't mean you are at a high risk of being a terrorist.

I don't understand how lot's of drills, etc, would stop a terrorist attack, if anything it stretches their resources thin. What the drills say to me is that they KNOW something is going to imminently happen and they are trying to prepare so that they can maintain control of this incident.

This is purely the work of the New World Order my friend.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
if anyone bothered to read my post and follow the link, you'd know what was going on.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Link posted by Warrenb explains all.

MODS: Please consider deleting this thread.

Case Closed.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
the story warrenb posted is quite interesting, in and of itself, more police brutality being covered up by the justice systems?

About 100 protesters held a symbolic dice tournament in a parking lot in Montreal North Saturday afternoon, near the spot where 18-year-old Fredy Villanueva was killed by police after they allegedly intervened to enforce a bylaw against public gambling last August.

Despite a heavy police presence, including four officers on horseback hovering nearby and a police commander who waded through the crowd as protesters chanted anti-police slogans, the protest ended peacefully.

The event was in part a response to an announcement on Dec. 1 that no criminal charges would be laid against Jean-Loup Lapointe, the Montreal police constable who shot Villanueva.
as above

killed for throwing dice?!? seems fishy to me. anyone know anything about this.

[edit on 19/12/08 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
wasnt the security company that was involved in the London subway bombings from Montreal...coincidence?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Maybe they're going to attack Iran this weekend. I mean, there have been some more undersea cable cuts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some countries are already cut off.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Something is going in here in Montreal

There's a heavy increase in police, firefighters and ambulance
It's as if they are doing intensive drills to get ready for something big.

even people at work have been speaking of it and many of use have been noticing alot of military helicopters and there were some checkpoints on the highway, and there's NEVER checkpoints here in Montreal.

It's as if they are getting ready for something MASSIVE!

If you werent a conspiracy theorist...you'd say man more police to keep the streets safe...more ambulances to take the hurting to the hospital....lol....God Bless the midgets......

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
if anyone bothered to read my post and follow the link, you'd know what was going on.

doesnt explain military whatsoever...
2 lines

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

well apparently some people can't tell the difference between a police officer in RIOT gear and an Army officer in green fatigues.

There were no military

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

well apparently some people can't tell the difference between a police officer in RIOT gear and an Army officer in green fatigues.

There were no military

that makes more sense...
point taken

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There were no military

there was no police officer in riot gear also just a couple of horses in one part of the town

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Of course something is going on in Montreal. The Habs are playing tonight...

Seriously though, it was probably that protest and the police checkpoints could have been RIDE programs or tire checks. Yes, winter tires are mandatory in Quebec but I don't know if they would set up checkpoints just to check for that. Probably in combination with a Christmas RIDE check.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mario begin

there you go

2 lines are better than one

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WOW! First of all some of you are whacked out! I live In the center of Downtown Montreal, like dead center. and i haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

To the one who posted the link, that protest and and its resulting police watch might as well have happened in antartica, because where that was being held is completely on the other side of the city where no one is really affected by it.

secondly, the Montreal Police, who should but who cant go on strike, in order to use pressure tactics as ordered by their syndicate were going to wear Jeans but were told it was to lax so instead to wear "Camo" pants, which a lot are doing. that's been going on since the summer. Could there be a psychological angle to that? perhaps.

To Atlantican: Dude what the hell is wrong with you??????? are you that conditioned? yes there are Arab people here like in many cities in the US and Canada but the arab population in Montreal is mostly LEBANESE. it is NOT a haven , i repeat NOT a haven. So please stop spreading you're fear mongering rhetoric.

About the latino kid who got shot by the cops. YES that situation is still needing to be dealt with. But it is small and contained. It's too cold to have protests, that's why it was only a protest of about a hundred people mostly friends and family of the guy who got shot early last summer.

I have seen no MILITARY WHATSOEVER, and if i did i would have certainly mentioned it on here cause even i would of been concerned.

To Jinni: What??? please who made you a mod? nothing frustrates me more then to see presumptuous people like you, do you're research before you go splurting out to close a thread.

The only time i have seen an increase in Police presence recently is when The Montreal Canadiens are nearing the playoffs and the hockey fever takes over the city. You will see 3 or 4 cops per corner of every street in the city in case people get out of hand like in last years round 1 of the playoffs.

So i promise that if anything is out of the ordinary here in Montreal you will know about it first hand.

new topics

top topics

join