It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
First i would like to begin and beg you not to turn this thread into a flame war or such.

I would just like to hear the people's oppinions.

So here it goes.

Why did you vote for Obama/McCain instead of voting for Ron Paul?

What ideas of Ron Paul are wrong?

What is better about Obama/McCain than Ron Paul.

What predictions and ideas of Obama/McCain made you you to chose them over Ron Paul?

What policies made you chose them over Ron Paul.

Thank you for everyone participating in advance.

Fatality.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was not given an option.

Ron Paul would have had to certify his candidacy in NY state. He did not. His name was not included on the ballot and write-in votes can only be cast for people who are certified as candidates.

That means they would have had to send a notarized document to the election board - evidently it was not important enough, since the media effectively torpedoed him by using the tired meme, don't throw away your vote, he has no chance.

I didn't care that he had no chance. I wanted to vote for him anyway- but no such luck for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well the first thing is to make the people feel like they have a choice.
But you only let them have a choice between two non choices. Ron Paul couldn't be allowed to become a serious cantidate.Had his ideas made the mainstream,people could have started thinking for themselves.That just couldn't be allowed to happen.TPB have to keep the wool pulled over our eyes.Where would they be if the people really knew what they were up to?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why did you vote for Obama/McCain instead of voting for Ron Paul?

Because Ron Paul did not run.

What ideas of Ron Paul are wrong?

The only thing I really disagreed with him on is women's procreation choices.

What is better about Obama/McCain than Ron Paul.

See last question.

What predictions and ideas of Obama/McCain made you you to chose them over Ron Paul?

Mostly, it was the chance of becoming president. Ron Paul had no chance since he didn't run. I voted for someone who was running. Secondly, I believe the drastic changes Paul wants to make would not be supported by Congress. Changes like that have to happen slowly. I think Obama has a better chance of starting the change, simply because he'll do it at a rate that Congress can support.

What policies made you chose them over Ron Paul.

Women's Rights
Health Care

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

What are your responses Fatality...?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
NH was a close state and I voted for McCain as a last ditch effort to stop a future AWB.

The only prediction I made was that Paul didnt have a chance in NH but Obama did and I wanted to stop him from spreading his Chicago AIDS on a federal level.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Most people will vote for the one they think is gonna win.
For the Winner, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is pro-life because he is a gynecologist. It is kind of a special situation. Just throwing that in there. The legislation he dealt with mainly dealt with "when does life start?" He says it starts at conception. Ron really hates it when politicians leave things undefined because then people take advantage of it and the politicians again feign responsibility, it's a bad habit. I could be wrong but to me this is the same thing as when Ron put forth legislation to declare war on Iraq, just to make a point. At least that is one way I look at it. He's in a much different situation than all the yes-men.

I voted for Barr though because he was on the ballot and Ron Paul liked him ok. But you want to talk about inexperience look at Barr's VP, lol. Palin and Obama's inexperience had nothing on him, though I liked the guy ok.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul wasn't on the ballot in Texas. If he was, I might have been tempted for a few seconds to vote for him, but I actually wanted my vote to count for something. Let's be realistic - in this last election it was a sure bet that the vote was going to one of the two parties. It started a year and a half before the election with the media shilling for Hilary Clinton, covered nothing but the ugly catfight between Clinton and Obama and then pumped up Obama from there to the finish line. Ron Paul/Bob Barr didn't have a chance in hell of even passing the mustard, let alone biting the hotdog.

Now if you put Ron Paul in an election with two regular Washington D.C. type candidates, ala Bush vs Kerry, AND Ron Paul comes out swinging from the beginning and doesn't let up, then he might have a shot.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I didn't vote. I supported Ron Paul with money and time. I actually thought he had a chance until the RNC decided otherwise and the media ignored him. I simply refused to participate in yet another game ' The choice of two evils.' 500 plus alleged representatives vs. 300 million citizens and we still can't pull it off to our advantage.

new topics

top topics

join