It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Accused Of Trying To Sell "Gothic Kittens"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Woman Accused Of Trying To Sell "Gothic Kittens"

www.examiner.com

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (Map, News) - Humane officers said a Pennsylvania woman marketed "gothic kittens" with ear, neck and tail piercings over the Internet. Officers with the SPCA of Luzerne County removed three kittens and a cat from a home outside Wilkes-Barre.

Officer Carol Morrison said the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals raided the home on Wednesday after getting a tip that the woman was selling the pierced kittens on eBay.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As an animal lover, this kind of behavior nauseates me. It's possible, I suppose, that the piercings didn't hurt that much, but why do it at all? Are people supposed to put earrings and other objects in their ears, etc.? What about infections? The woman is an animal groomer! Do they all abuse animals when the owners aren't there?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Honestly I wonder if she should get into any trouble over this. After all piercings on some animals is not only legal but common...

So to prosecute this woman for piercing a domesticated animal wouldnt it be hypocritical? After all they also sew in RFID tags underneath the skin of domestic "pet" animals nowadays.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Some dog breeds have their ears and tails clipped soon after birth, e.g., Boxers.

I don't advocate turning cats into goths, but is this woman guilty of cruelty to animals or just having a screwed up sense of fashion?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Tagging of cows is nesseccary for identification.

"Docking" of dogs tails is not (imo), and was done in the past to prevent the very common injury to hunting dogs in the field.

Piercing of cats is INHUMANE and I hope this woman gets the book thrown at her. Completely unnesseccary and an act of complete selfishness and ignorance.

B*tch!

I wouldn't dream of doing that to my little princess..

[edit on 19/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I think the ring in the nose is especially cruel. That hurts the animal a lot. But I guess it's a little hypocritical of me, since cows are going to be slaughtered anyway and I'm not a vegetarian.

If it were up to me, there would be no docking of dogs' tails.

The id tag implanted in animals has a benign purpose and protects the pet. I just hope they use sufficient anesthesia when it is done.

Piercing cats is in no way benign or necessary.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
At the close of every "The Price is Right" show.
Bob Barker used to advocate the cutting off of cats and dogs reproductive organs.
I'd prefer earrings.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by spacedoubt]

top topics

join