It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennedy compares Bush to Richard Nixon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In a move to discredit Bush and stoke the fires of anti-war sentiment, Ted Kennedy spoke, comparing Bush to Nixon.

"By LOLITA C. BALDOR
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Iraq has become "George Bush's Vietnam," Sen. Edward M. Kennedy said Monday, calling the president deceitful and for the first time comparing him to former President Nixon, who resigned in disgrace.

Saying that truth has become the biggest casualty of the Bush administration, Kennedy said Bush misled the public about the war, the economy, health care and education, eroding the nation's reputation at home and abroad.

"As a result, this president has now created the largest credibility gap since Richard Nixon," Kennedy said in a speech at the Brookings Institution, a think tank. "He has broken the basic bond of trust with the American people."

Terry Holt, a spokesman for the Bush campaign, called Kennedy a "hatchet man" for John Kerry, the Massachusetts senator who is the presumptive Democratic nominee for president."

the article continues

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Who? Chapaquitik (sp) Ted??

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Damn. That's like Ted Bundy attacking vegetarians.

The Kennedy clan has about much credibility in my eyes as an ashtray on a motorbike. I can't believe that the media still gives them airtime.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ted Kennedy. The one Kennedy who wasn't assassinated, and the one Kennedy that should have been. The guy is a joke. He does nothing because he feels it's right or it's for the betterment of the nation, he does everything because it's for the betterment of the democratic party in his mind. When I go to tell people a joke, I'm going to have to start saying "Hey, want to hear a Ted Kennedy?"

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If Ted's brother didn't get us into Vietnam, Ted couldn't make the analogy.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Everything you wanted to know about Ted Kennedy, and He was Afraid you'd ask.

This is the girl who he let drown....

This is what he said three years after he got away with the incident.

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?
Or is there one system for the average citizen
and another for the high and mighty?"
- Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973 -

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
If Ted's brother didn't get us into Vietnam, Ted couldn't make the analogy.

Not to argue with a mod, but I thought John wanted us to get out of Vietnam, and was killed for that view? I thought he only snet "advisors" and that we were actually there even when Eisenhower was in office????????

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'd be pissed if I were in the Nixon clan. though they come from the same point of paranoid meglomania, Nixon, though equally as immoral as Bush, was at least a self made man of accomplishment who ran every aspect of his government, as opposed to having every other aspect run by him for notiication, sometimes, like Bush.
Funny, but you parrots are making the same squark about an old liberal senator as you are about an old hard right wing conservative ( John Dean ).......they're both saying the same thing....one of them has to be rght?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe: please, argue away w/ me!! I insist!
(I just can't help myself when it comes to taking a swipe at Eddy K.
)

And, I think you're right. Look at all the construction bidness LBJ, et al had going in Veitnam, reminiscent of Halliburton today.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
DontTreadOnMe: please, argue away w/ me!! I insist!
(I just can't help myself when it comes to taking a swipe at Eddy K.
)

And, I think you're right. Look at all the construction bidness LBJ, et al had going in Veitnam, reminiscent of Halliburton today.

Okay
I love to argue with authority-figures!!

BTW, LBJ was a strange duck. I can't figure where he was coming from. At times, he appeared almost kindly and concerned about the nation. At other times, he appeared very cut-throat. Maybe, he was just reptilian???

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
I'd be pissed if I were in the Nixon clan. though they come from the same point of paranoid meglomania, Nixon, though equally as immoral as Bush, was at least a self made man of accomplishment who ran every aspect of his government, as opposed to having every other aspect run by him for notiication, sometimes, like Bush.
Funny, but you parrots are making the same squark about an old liberal senator as you are about an old hard right wing conservative ( John Dean ).......they're both saying the same thing....one of them has to be rght?

What will the repugnat automotons do now? A repugnant says the same thing as a dem? They agree that Bush is an inept ass? MELTDOWN! MELTDOWN! MELTDOWN!

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wasn't Ted Kennedy the one who let a woman drown?

new topics

top topics

join