It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the supporters of Bush now that oil is $40 a barrell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Remember back in the day when all the Bush supporters and more importantly the War in Iraq supporters said "If we went into Iraq for oil, why hasn't the price of oil gone down"?

Well, where are they now?

"Oil drops below $38 in interday trading"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Bush ownes an oil company called Arbusto Enterprises... I can't think that the present status of oil prices is making him or his partners happy. Great point OP!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not sure your point....

What do you think the price per gallon would be today if we told Saddam that he could do whatever he wanted without America and other countries interfering if he sells us very cheap oil? I would bet we would still be seeing .50 cents a gallon or much less. So at a buck fifty we still have a long way to go for your theory to have any validity.

So which is it? Bush owns an oil company and so spent trillions to inflate the price per barrel so he could make a tidy profit or Bush went to war to force the price of oil to a very low cost?
Me confused….

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The price of oil and going in to Iraq have nothing to do with one another.

The price of oil justifiably went up as a result of our invasion due to tensions in the region and threats to the security of oil pipelines. Iraq also cut down it's production after we invaded, and unless it has changed, they still haven't reached their pre-war production levels.

Bush supporters will no doubt parade around their hero for the low oil and gas prices, but what ignorant people don't understand is that a huge drop off in the price per barrel like we have had recently is a sign of a bad economy.

What this drop shows is that demand has dropped due to people using public transportation more, buying foreign economy cars, and simply not having jobs to drive to our a driveway or garage to pull out of.

The economy has given people much worse things to worry about than gas prices. It is no longer a top priority to a lot of people because they no longer have the means or the need to buy gasoline in the first place.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

There are a lot of factors which contribute to the determined oil prices, which vary every single day. It is an assumption made much too quick that the War in Iraq is the sole reason in which they have fallen, let alone the assumption that it had anything to do with George W. Bush's failed economic/international policy.

What were gas prices before President Bush took office, or the War in Iraq?

What was the state of economy before Bush took office? The state of international affairs?

Edit: State of our constitutional freedoms?

[edit on 12/18/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Not sure your point....

My point is that anytime a thread would be opened saying anything about us going to war with iraq for oil, the naysayers would come on and spout "Then why hasn't the price of oil dropped".

Where are the naysayers now?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the only reason it's 40 dollars a barrel is because of lack of demand as a direct result of bush ruining the economy

if that's what you mean well, thanks for cheap oil mr bush,,, even though i'm unemployed

[edit on 18-12-2008 by shortywarn]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My point is that anytime a thread would be opened saying anything about us going to war with iraq for oil, the naysayers would come on and spout "Then why hasn't the price of oil dropped".

Now that the price of oil dropped, are the naysayers going to admit that we actually did go to war with Iraq over oil?

Or will there be another excuse?

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Griff]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Seriously the logic of war for oil is so infantile. At least go higher and say it's the Illuminati pushing for one world government. If we were that desperate for oil we'd have covert ops drilling in Alaska and off our coasts. Heck maybe we do who's been to northern Alaska lately?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Now that the price of oil dropped, are the naysayers going to admit that we actually did go to war with Iraq over oil?

No. The war for Iraq was also about much more than just oil.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Geeze, and all that work to finally get some cheap gas 8 years later. Really you want to try and argue this?

I call troll

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Please read the posts. You obviously didn't because you don't see to understand what Griff is trying to say.

Griff wants to know where the Bush supporters are now. They were saying at the beginning of the war, if the war was about oil, why haven't the prices of oil gone down? Well now they have gone down, so Griff wants to know their reaction and opinion about the situation now.

new topics

top topics

join