It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman Saw 600-Foot-Diameter Aerial Craft Over Stephenville Court House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hello
the content is from earthfiles report by linda Moulton Howe, the article is open for NON MEMBERS so heres your chance to get a free be.

interview as follows, I appologize MODS if the text is too much.

Link

“I’m looking directly at this craft and it starts pivoting upward
at a 35 to 40 degree angle off the left ‘wingtip.’ It rises there for about three seconds and then it goes completely 90 degrees and starts moving away from me, all without sound!” - “Greg,” Erath County Police Officer

Link

December 17, 2008 Stephenville, Texas - Almost one year ago, at the end of January 2008, I flew to Texas to talk with eyewitnesses and see videotapes, photos and sketches of the many unidentified aerial craft sightings reported that month over Stephenville, Dublin, Selden, Glen Rose and surrounding region. That group of rural towns is southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth. One eyewitness in January was Lee Roy Gaitan, Erath County Constable for Precinct 2, officed in Dublin, a town of about 4,000 people only eight miles southwest of Stephenville. Stephenville is the larger Erath County seat with about 15,000 residents.

Link
Interview:

Police Officer “Greg,” Erath County, Stephenville, Texas: “It was January 8, 2008. I had just come on duty. I work a 12-hour shift from 7 PM to 7 AM. I was driving towards the east on South Loop, which is a loop that loops around the city of Stephenville. I was starting to crest the top of a railroad overpass. As I got to the top of that overpass, it’s raised quite a bit. I can see half the way across town from atop the overpass. I was looking to my left towards downtown and the Erath County Courthouse (100 W. Washington). And I saw a large, rectangular, black object, just slowly moving towards the Courthouse. I saw it for maybe three to four seconds.

Then I went down the crest of the hill and I thought to myself that it was a rather large aircraft of some kind. I’ve never seen anything that low moving that slow. It concerned me for a minute. I thought that maybe we have a commercial airliner trying to land at our little airport that can’t support that (an aerial craft so large). So, I went further down the South Loop and got to about Lillian Street and looked towards the Courthouse again. I had a pretty good view. It’s winter. It’s January. There was no foliage on the trees and I saw this large craft hovering above the Courthouse about 200 feet above the ground.

====
Mod Edit: added 'ex' tags, trimmed large quote

[edit on 12/19/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Link

He said, ‘Well, there are two other officers here who saw it, too.’ So he got me in touch with them and we all met and decided to do our own little investigation. One of the officers was at his house when he witnessed it. The other officer was going home from work. He gets off at 7 PM. He drove directly beneath it and it was about 200 feet off the ground to the south of Stephenville out in the county on a farm on Market Road.

The other officer was at home and was in his backyard. He lives up on a ridge. He said the craft was lower than him and down in a valley and it started going up a ridge across from him.

On top of this ridge was a telephone pole and underneath the telephone pole was a pickup truck with its headlights on. As the craft went up the ridge, almost hitting the phone pole. He said the craft just barely cleared it. The big craft went directly over that pickup. We’ve yet to find out who that is, by the way! (laughs) But they had one fantastic view of this craft. That officer saw the top of it and that’s where we got the drawing for the top of the craft.

====
Mod Edit: added 'ex' tags, trimmed large quote.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Link

THIS HAS NOT BEEN PUBLICIZED VERY MUCH, HAS IT?

No, and I don’t know why it hasn’t. The local Stephenville newspaper did not mention it at all. The couple and a few others talked to MUFON about it.

HOW MANY TOTAL EYEWITNESSES?

I know of at least five that I know about. I think there might have been a total of about eight to ten at the MUFON meeting. I believe Angelia Joiner did the interviews for MUFON.

ANY SKETCHES OR PHOTOS TURNED UP?

No, and the couple is still shook up and wants to remain anonymous. The female is the only one who went in to make the report. The male would not even go in (to MUFON meeting). But I did talk to them and verify that’s what they saw.
If anyone has more information about the January and November 2008 craft sightings in the Stephenville, Texas, region - or other aerial phenomena elsewhere in the United States and world, please email: [email protected]. All confidentiality requests are honored.

[edit on 12/18/2008 by LordThumbs]

====
Mod Edit: added 'ex' tags, changed 'im' tags, trimmed large quote

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Great Thread Lord Thumbs !

i heard about this incident last night while listening to the Coast to Coast program with Linda as the guest and i was intrigued to say the least. witness testimony from a Police officer has to be taken seriously in my opinion and he went into great detail about what he observed. certainly an amazing case here and i give you a star and flag

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

i willingly admit to not putting any creative spin on the case, i simply transfered the interview for the sake of those who are willing to allow themselves to be debunked. if you took the time to read the article that i so pain stakenly pasted, i thank you ..

happy holidays easy.

on a second note, its more my style of ufo research to base it on testemony. getting caught up in the CGI talk or the scientific data talk really does me no good. and respectively you will find that those who are so quick to get vulgar/erupt over the CGI or scientific stuff like..eh hemm (insert most vulgar annoying debunking/skeptic ATS member here________) will not really join in on the discussion thus leaving this thread rather bare or possibly 'unpopular' its the real cases that hold weight which inspire the skeptics/debunkers to think of new catch phrases or tricks.

the above opinion was simply writen with the testemony of the officer in mind and his willingness to put his reputation on the line. usually i keep my opinions to myself and just simply comment on the matter at hand.

enjoy.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh and the skeptics will jump all over this saying witness testimony means nothing. All they will say he saw was a chinese party lamp or advertising blimp...gimme a freekin break..
that thing is so obviously not of this earth..

[edit on 18-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

the more 'experience' nay sayers will probably jump on the government bandwagon. although if they read the interview they will see that..... well nevermind.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Oh and the skeptics will jump all over this saying witness testimony means nothing. All they will say he saw was a chinese party lamp or advertising blimp...gimme a freekin break..

oh please,because some people would like a bit more evidence than a testimony is hardly a bad thing,it actually adds credence to the ufo scene than crazy folks that will believe any sentence with the word ufo in it.But i like this thanks for bringing to our attention op,star and flag for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Solomans, please give the thread a read through. you may find the testemony plee to be one of the least solid pieces of evidence. but you see that it is the most fluid. cause it happen all the time. if you find your still a little hesitant to be swayed by another mans experience (possible experience) and if you find that the other two officers have mistakenly miss identified a silent 600ft craft then please join the erath county police dept cause those guys dont know their A__ from their elbows. but nah testemony isnt for everyone, cause in the end disclosure comes from the mouth ..evidence can never take the stand and speak on its own behalf.

i wouldnt want members to think i am sabotaging the thread so i will step back for open discussion. good night people.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but some of us need a little bit more then some anonymous person saying "I saw this". Anyone can lie. Anyone can exaggerate, etc. Even cops. It was cops down in GA that said they found BigFoot....and we all know how that turned out.

Anyone who wants REAL TRUTH will take many things into consideration before just BLINDLY believing some John Doe and saying "its true!!".

NOBODY here (skeptic or believer) can say it was this or that....because all we have is some story. So, if you really want truth, then you should REALLY take into account all possibilities - including the fact that some people just flat out lie. All doors must remain open - or else one's narrowminded and blinded belief will only hinder what we are all after - truth.

Not saying this person is lying. I don't know. But, me as a skeptic, who truly believes that SOMETHING is going on in this world that cant be explained refuses to be a blind believer and will continuing seeking whatever the truth is by examing ALL avenues.

Thanks for the arrogant attack against those who may not conform to your ideal way of looking at the topic at hand.

*****and with that said*****

To the OP.....thank you for bringing this to our attention....even us skeptics take interest in this
and will be following the thread

[edit on 12/18/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

fantastic point about the 'retired' police officer who got caught up in a lie about bigfoot. its one thing to have dirty cops who steal drugs and money, and an even worse thing to have cops who are causing some serious credibility issues involving paranormal activity. especially since multiple witnesses were involved including a retired USAF.

based on the multiple tv interviews that the sheriff leroy has done, im simply and blindly believing.. and that is frowned upon from those who have a need for more evidence.

but in the large skeem of things, some people will undoubtedly come to conclusions before others. its like finishing a test in class. more and more people slowly walk up to the front after they finish.

ALLOW EACH skeptic/believer/debunker to arrive at his conclusion in his own time. (a rule of thumb, not directed at greeneyedleo)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'd take it more seriously if the cop described it as a "shaped like a donut!"

Still, interesting read.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
oh please,because some people would like a bit more evidence than a testimony is hardly a bad thing,it actually adds credence to the ufo scene than crazy folks that will believe any sentence with the word ufo in it.But i like this thanks for bringing to our attention op,star and flag for you.

i think the problem lies in the fact that people would like a bit more evidence....and just discount the witness testimony entirely, instead of letting the officers' story stand on its own merits. just because there is no additional evidence, doesn't mean that the testimony at hand isn't valuable and credible in it's own right.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm always amazed by the UFO skeptics, especially rightwing ones.

They will defend and believe anything coming coming out of a military source with no evidence but if it comes from a man in the street it's "I need a little bit more"

People have been tried, convicted, sentenced to death and executed on eyewitness accounts.

Sure people lie and skeptics still believe lies if it fits with their ideology, cosmology or skewed logic.

So convenient to bring up the "swamp gas", "Chinese lantern" "lier" when confronted with something uncomfortable.

I surely don't believe eveything on the www. but the account of a small town cop that has nothing to gain by lying, in my opinion should be cut a little slack.

Thanks for the account LordThumbs. Being born and raised in Texas and knowing the mindset of small town Texans, I tend to believe them even when the report is controversial. Salt of the Earth people for the most part and not given to making up tall tails and to call them liers, is disrespectful and arrogant.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thank you.

I'd agree about the testimony being more convincing than the graphics we have been seeing lately.

This Stephenville case does appear to one of those actually worth following. Still the anonymous aspect never sits well with me. Hopefully there will come a time when the Officers feel they can be up front with who they are. Hopefully this is not an attempt by a financially troubled town to gain notoriety for some reason.

I'm still not entirely sure about LMH's voracity either I'm afraid. Too many anonymous sources makes one suspicious.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have been mislabeled a Right Winger more than once on ATS due to my pragmatism and attempt at sensibility. I think that gets thrown around way more than is deserved. Being a bit conservative is wiser than being gullible.

The main reason I came to ATS is this topic and my belief that a tiny number of the accounts are factual. I can't help but be a bit skeptical with all the hoaxes and other nonsense floating around. The web sites often turn me off when they seem to accept every report as if it has any truth in it.

I have little doubt that some accounts are for real and may be Alien in nature. I do believe many of the real ones are military in nature. I have seen things I can not explain but I do speak out when the obviously explainable ones are touted as being valid. I also worry about those who seem to be mesmerized by the topic to the point they have no common sense left where the Alien topic is involved.

This case I believe to be real and suspect it is military.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What makes ATS great is that all sides are considered. You sound as if you are for censorship of people who don't agree. There are two sides to this coin and the other is people who believe anything, even the obvious hoaxes.

I'd far rather be on a board that encourages debate. That is in fact why ATS has way more traffic than the sites who depend on gullible people.

What about the description exactly and in detail makes you believe it could in no way be military. That is what you should be posting instead of acting like a troll.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This case I believe to be real and suspect it is military.

can i ask what is making you lean in that direction ?

not saying your wrong but i find it hard to believe that a Secret Military craft would fly around low enough to be witnessed by many people. that to me does not make sense.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Glad you posted this. Have been following the Stephenville Event since January.

That turned me on to Earthfiles and Linda Howe.

Fascinating to me how dulled the witnesses sense are when asked how they felt...and yet hair raising fear at the thought of encountering them again.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I heard the interview last night on Coast To Coast. The guy who said he was a policeman certainly SOUNDED legit. My first thought was didn’t the description of the craft sound an awful lot like the mothership in Close Encounters? Huge ship with lights all over it. Giant antenna top and bottom, then it turns over. If it were really a UFO, were the aliens having a laugh?

Also, if it was near the courthouse, wouldn't a lot of people have seen it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join