It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot is now pay???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this so PLEASE forgive me if it's in the wrong section and PLEASE place it where it should be. Thanks.

I am a bit miffed. What the hell are they thinking over at PA/PC forums?? They want people to pay now to participate?? That's lame as can be. I have never found their forums to be that great, let alone charging people to post there.

Seems like a great way to go extinct IMO.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What fake site or you going to?

projectcamelot.org...

They just ask for contributions

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

He's talking about the Forums at www.projectavalon.net. But on the front page it sounds like someone has offered them a host so I have a feeling that will change, plus rumor has it a very low amount of people signed up after the switch. So I think that kind of through a kink in the ol' business plan. B&K will be fine, I think they're funds are just running low and it seriously can cost a lot of money to host a website that has a lot of traffic/bandwidth per month.

I seriously think that people take for granted what it takes to sustain a high traffic website. It's not easy work at all & can definitely drain resources.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks, that clears up that slight misunderstanding. I don't go to their site very often and wasn't aware of what appears to be some sister site. The OP did only mention project camelot and I was unaware of the other yet. Their site has made some interesting videos. It will be interesting to see how they handle their new ones showing up on youtube.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yeah they started Project Avalon after talking with Michael St. Clair and adopting his idea of "radiant zones" or something to that effect. Long story short of it I think they wanted to just build some kind of community.

Oh and they just posted a new video interview the other day actually with a lady named Jessica Schab:

Interesting enough story...

It actually prompted me to do my own video response (we'll see if they approve it or not which I doubt):

pt 1:

pt 2:

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do over there at PC though...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Project camelot used to be very very good, with great interviews. However the information flow seemed to change, and become less open and more "coded" somehow mid 2008; and it has not been the same since - I feel that project camelot is badly losing its way, and the forum charge fees are quite odd.

They themselves did make a big fuss about changing to a fee based system (not presented as volutary contributions) - I kept seeing notices about changing to a fee based system.

How are other finding project camelot now ?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by electrafixtion

You didnt get their email annoucing their forums are a subscription now? And its just the forums, not the interviews with videos and audio...unless they recently changed that too from yesterday when I was downloading the latest video interview and didnt need any subscription.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The subscription is only for the Project Avalon forums at www.projectavalon.net, Project Camelot is still free along with all of it's content. The forums at Project Avalon are still in available as read only for non-subscribers so the content is still accessible to a degree.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Shakesbeer]

top topics

join