It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSX Closed Due to Technical Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

TSX Closed Due to Technical Problem

www.economicnews.ca

CEP News) - The Toronto Stock Exchange did not open on Wednesday and remains closed because of a technical problem.

The TSX and TSX Venture Exchange are both halted "due to technical issues with data feeds," the parent company of the exchanges said in a statement.

Fortunately, it's a quiet day of stock trading in the United States, with the Dow Jones industrial average up 22 points, or 0.25%, to 8943.

The TMX Group, the parent of the exchanges, said there are no problems with the trading engine the TSX and TSX Venture Exchange run on. They pointed to problems supplying data and said the exchanges were shuttered to maintain transparent trading.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
2 comments..... first one isnt it abvious that somethings going on. Seems this is having a direct effect on DOW.

Seems it is also a security leak. Can someone say hackers? and wasnt there a 0day attack possible with the last Microsoft update..... Im pretty sure they dont all use Windows overthere (probably some unix variants) but would like confirmation.

Also very interesting is the fact that not too long ago chineese hackers got some confidential information. Knowing the doom and gloom of economic affairs, are some of the other countries trying to get insider information about north american transactions? Trying to fine comb whatever lead they could find to new sources of scheemes or illegal activities.

Knowing how the canadian economy was going down as well It would be fair to assume that ties to all these scandalls are... well plausible.

your comments....

www.economicnews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Holy #$^

Does anyone see a connection with Citi's computer system downtime yesterday and the TSX stock exchange down at the same time???

Could this be cyber terrorists sending a message to TPTB that they have the means to disrupt an even bigger network !!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I found this in the other thread.Maybe its related maybe its not but I do find it a weird coincidence. www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I suspect Sherlock Holmes would say "Watson, the game is afoot!"

There is no more well-protected and redundant automation systems setup in the world to rival that of the financial industry.

Yet here we are facing 'oops' after 'oops'.

With there be an audit of before and after, and if so, who will do it, and will we know the results; or will that become a 'matter of inter-national security?'

Regardless of the cause, I suspect the response of the people is being closely measured. I wonder how they figure this into their actuarial tables? Isn't part of the operating cost of these 'afflicted' institutions insured? If not, why not?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Looks like we are back up and running again.
www.cbc.ca...

top topics

join