It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In what part of the bible does it talk about aliens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Can anyone answer this cause i would like to prove my mother wrong on this, i heard the bible talks about aliens or something like that can anyone tell me what chapter or page please? thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Alas, I don't believe you're going to be able to prove your mother wrong. Unless you take some extreme interpretations (you can find them on this site) that angels must be aliens, Jesus riding in on a cloud in Revelation is him coming in a space craft, etc.

There have been, however, many preachers who have theorized that the belief in aliens and an impending alien invasion will be quite comming near the end times, so as to explain the rapture. One of the most noteable was John G. Lake. If you're interested, I highly recomend reading some of his books. Unfortunatelly for us, he's been dead now for over 80 years, but his reading is even more relevant today then it was in his day!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The bible does talk about aliens but not in the modern sense. When the bible says �alien� it is referring to humans not of the land. In other words humans that wern't born in that area or country.

List of verses in the bible that talks about aliens.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Angels are humans from other planets I think.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Bible is really messed up some of the info in the bible isnt even true. The Illumiti or some organization changed it over the years.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic7
The Bible is really messed up some of the info in the bible isnt even true. The Illumiti or some organization changed it over the years.

Evidence. You need to provide evidence for why you believe this!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Got it guys, thanks king and everyone else now i know cause i was looking in the bible in my house for some verses but my mom said i wouldnt so now i can show her the link heh. Thanks again guys you never prove me wrong

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Got it guys, thanks king and everyone else now i know cause i was looking in the bible in my house for some verses but my mom said i wouldnt so now i can show her the link heh. Thanks again guys you never prove me wrong

No problem. Just remember the context when reading the verses. Don�t misinterpret the use of �alien� as proof of some extra terrestrial being.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ezekiel saw the wheel....ufo???
maybe???
Read it ...
its pretty weird stuff

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
Ezekiel saw the wheel....ufo???
maybe???
Read it ...
its pretty weird stuff

That's what I was gonna suggest too! You beat me to it! The LORD of hosts reference in Isaiah sounds very much like an extra-terrestrial warship of some kind, but it has to be read from an objective point of view. Anyone who unquestioningly believes that any reference to the LORD must be talking about God won't see it. It's definitely worth checking out though if you're interested.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
1) If you mean non earth, non spiritual, ET's like greys...

Then there is NO mention in the bible.

2) If you mean "people from another place" (like "illegal aliens" in America) or spiritual beings such as angels, demons, or attendants around God's throne, then there are heaps of references.

3) Reports of 1) in the bible are just 2) taken out of context and twisted by someone.

Originally posted by ShadowMan
Can anyone answer this cause i would like to prove my mother wrong on this, i heard the bible talks about aliens or something like that can anyone tell me what chapter or page please? thanks in advance

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
1) If you mean non earth, non spiritual, ET's like greys...

Then there is NO mention in the bible...
3) Reports of 1) in the bible are just taken out of context and twisted by someone.

Soooo, like, God came down and revealed to you the only true context and meaning of the Bible, declaring everyone with a different understanding to be wrong? That's pretty cool! So what exactly IS this thing in Ezekiel? 'cause I have tried and tried to come up with something other than a space ship, to no avail.

Ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness [was] about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
Ezekiel 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof [came] the likeness of four living creatures. And this [was] their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.
Ezekiel 1:6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.
Ezekiel 1:7 And their feet [were] straight feet; and the sole of their feet [was] like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.
Ezekiel 1:8 And [they had] the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.
Ezekiel 1:9 Their wings [were] joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.
Ezekiel 1:10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
Ezekiel 1:11 Thus [were] their faces: and their wings [were] stretched upward; two [wings] of every one [were] joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.
Ezekiel 1:12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; [and] they turned not when they went.
Ezekiel 1:13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance [was] like burning coals of fire, [and] like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.
Ezekiel 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
Ezekiel 1:15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.
Ezekiel 1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work [was] like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work [was] as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.
Ezekiel 1:17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: [and] they turned not when they went.
Ezekiel 1:18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings [were] full of eyes round about them four.
Ezekiel 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
These are spiritual, they are the 4 creatures that are spiritual beings around God's throne.

As I said in 3) if you read on it says what they are...

in verse 26...
Above the surface over their heads was what looked like a throne made of blue sapphire. And high above this throne was a figure whose appearance was like that of a man. 27 From his waist up, he looked like gleaming amber, flickering like a fire. And from his waist down, he looked like a burning flame, shining with splendor. 28 All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining through the clouds. This was the way the glory of the Lord appeared to me.

The concept of "aliens" as we know it is a recent phenomenon. They are a cultural construct, the demons and goblins, and supernatual folk that in past generations haunted the cultures.

The "aliens" of today are not suprisingly similar to our society. They are the manifestation of our culture upon subconcous paranormal entities that our ancestor described as the supernatural folk of the past. Past generations saw them through their own cultural viewpoints as well.

So you don't get aliens in the bible.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

These are spiritual, they are the 4 creatures that are spiritual beings around God's throne.

The concept of "aliens" as we know it is a recent phenomenon. They are a cultural construct, the demons and goblins, and supernatual folk that in past generations haunted the cultures.

Muaddib----Recent?, how exactly is it recent when the Vedic scriptures which are far older than any bible describe them?-----

The "aliens" of today are not suprisingly similar to our society. They are the manifestation of our culture upon subconcous paranormal entities that our ancestor described as the supernatural folk of the past. Past generations saw them through their own cultural viewpoints as well.

Muaddib---well, i actually think that is only some people that give these descriptions a "subcouncious meaning."
We have many ancient accounts of encounters with objects in the skies, and the vimanas mentioned in the Vedic scriptures, plus all the religious paintings from before the 13th century showing round, or spherical and objects floating behind the "religious figures."----

So you don't get aliens in the bible.

Muaddib---No, the ancients did not use the same descriptions we have for aliens now, that's all.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Muaddib---No, the ancients did not use the same descriptions we have for aliens now, that's all.

Thats because aliens as we know it are not beings from another planet..... we are wrong in what we imagine they are.

They are manifestations of beings that have been with humanity for aeons. each culture sees them in cultural context that they have.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If you want to look in the Bible for evidence of extra-terrestrials, then take a close look at the Exodus story. When the Israelites are being led out of Egypt, they are guided by a column of fire and a column of smoke, which could be interpreted to be a ship with rocket exhaust or a con-trail.

It all depends on interpretation.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

It all depends on interpretation.

Yeah but you are interpretating a spiritual event in terms of the scientific ability of our society.

If WE were to make a column of fire we would use a rocket etc .....

Doesn't mean it holds any relevence to back then, or any reality either. That senario would also then play out as God being nothing more than an "alien" with similar technology to us.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It can proved by looking at the Summerians - they knew our solar system and talked of a superior race. The Mayans, what they knew was more than you can get from sticks and rocks - not to mention, their beliefs and other ancient writings are similar to many parts of the bible. Many writing that also include references to entities that can come and go from the heavens.

Tell your Mom that the old testament should have shown everyone - have an open mind. In the old testament times, they studied the writings to the point where they knew it all by heart. However, when Christ came, it was not what they expected so they killed him.

For those with a closed mind - you would have probably killed him if you were there at the time.

Think about that.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Thats because aliens as we know it are not beings from another planet..... we are wrong in what we imagine they are.

They are manifestations of beings that have been with humanity for aeons. each culture sees them in cultural context that they have.

There are all sorts of things in our known universe, the ancients and even some old cultures which are alive today almost the same as they were hundreds of years ago say that many of these "aliens" are physical. Even the bible says that angels have physical forms when the people in Sodom and Gomorrah "wanted to get to know better the angels."

Not one person or culture has the whole picture, or all the anwsers, not even the bible.

Yes, there are manifestations that are more subtle or ethereal in form and many of these can even change their forms, but there are also many physical forms of manifestations in the universe. I happen to agree with those more ancient religions and ways of life which say that there was never a creation, and there will never be total destruction, we just go through different cycles.

Then again, this is my opinion as well as anyone that says there was only one creation and there will be a total destruction is also their opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yeah but you are interpretating a spiritual event in terms of the scientific ability of our society.

Well, yeah. If you're going to find space aliens in the Bible you pretty much have too.

Originally posted by NetchickenIf WE were to make a column of fire we would use a rocket etc .....

Doesn't mean it holds any relevence to back then, or any reality either. That senario would also then play out as God being nothing more than an "alien" with similar technology to us.

I don't believe you can read the Bible and find conclusive proof of space aliens, but if someone wants to look for them for fun it does encourage actually reading the book and will probably help the person remember the stories better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join