It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: the movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As i said, soon, 2012 will become so trendy, that even Paris Hilton will be expressing her views on the subject. Sorry, folks, but 2012 is no longer the trademark of us, conspiracy theorists.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This movie is sponsored by the United Nations. Why you might ask?

Because they need to let us know but cant say it directly. This movie is basically a documentary about the end of the world. It is the only doomsday movie ever to be released that has NO survivors in it. Mankind will be annihilated!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Waldy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Great more end of the world stuff, who is going to be around to watch?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've thought about making threads about this movie. Actually I thought about it this very night/morning.

I find it a little strange that according to the 7 year passage over the galatic horizon theory, running from May2009-2016 that the movie would be put out in June2009. Maybe it's a warning sign?

At the best, this "movie" will open the floodgates of people with "oppions" about the 2012 phenomenon. Maybe it will wake some people up. Maybe it will go direct to dvd.

It should be intresting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
As i said, soon, 2012 will become so trendy, that even Paris Hilton will be expressing her views on the subject. Sorry, folks, but 2012 is no longer the trademark of us, conspiracy theorists.

2012 was never the trademark of conspiracy theorist. It's been a long looming date on the horizon. Sadly so close to the date, with the geopolical map drawing out just like nostradamus said it would, with so many cogs besides those in the mayan calendar clicking into place, people claw their eyes out rather then face the truth that the 2012 phenomenon is real.

Just try to get some rest, it will all be upon us before anyone knows it. The 2012 phenomenon is a passage of 7 years that begins may2009-2016. This is going to be the ride of several life times. The next time anything close like this is to happen is in about another 13000 years.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
While not a ''Doomsday'' glory supporter myself, I have questioned (myself) why this film has been made, and to what intention.

I am not in the media industry, nor do I claim to know anything remotely distinguishable about it, but the very purpose of this film has become apparent for a number of reasons. A few of my sketchy theories below.

1) Hollywood are essentially struggling with new material to give 'impact', and so a film of this genre only sparks of hinting that the next generation of 'disaster' movies are coming our way.

2) If the agenda of this movie is (by default) a method of information to ''prepare'' us then it might obviously make impact in a very ironic way. I doubt it though.

3) ATS and a number of other sites discussing the scenarios of 2012, prophetical OR scientific have become such a prolific subject that it would serve only to propogate the possibility of another 'doomsday' event, Hollywood style.

4) Sicence thus far has tendered to more pressing matters concerning the globe and our galaxy, i.e. polar shifting, ''climatic'' changes etc. So again, serving point No. 3.

5) This film serves as a genuine prescursor for a very real event that is coming (Most unlikely reason to produce it - BUT plausible given what we as a the human race know and have evidence to PROVE)

The above ARE NOT facts. Again, I reiterate, these are just some of my own personal questions, to myself, of the reason to produce this film.

Really could do with other opinions on this production.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
you gotta give them credit for letting everyone die, if thats the case. not cliche.

although I don't like the end of the world 2012 theme, I like the enlightenment one.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well darn me. I wont view youtube because of my opinion about their censorship of conspiracy theorists and I can not find the trailer anywhere else....Maybe IMDB..back in a second

EDIT good news you can view the trailer on IMDB without going to youtube woohoo!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by titorite]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It seems odd that a major movie would have mispellings in the teaser and incorrect grammar. Are you sure this is on the level? I haven't attempted to look it up but it just seems strange to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
This movie is sponsored by the United Nations. Why you might ask?

Because they need to let us know but cant say it directly. This movie is basically a documentary about the end of the world. It is the only doomsday movie ever to be released that has NO survivors in it. Mankind will be annihilated!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Waldy]

do you have ANY sort of proof that this film is sponsored by the UN

I would be very interested in seeing that proof. And why would they need to "let us know" by sponsoring a film about it
If we are all going to die they would either say nowt or tell us all (very unlikely)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People are so gullible. Just because someone makes a movie about 2012, they assume it must be true. Does that mean that every other movie created by hollywood is also true and it's all part of the same conspiracy, whatever that maybe.
There's is no proof whatsoever of a Planet X and that's a fact. Please prove otherwise. Please don't mention Sitchin, as I've read all his books and they are all based on conjecture, and completely devoid of any evidence to back up his wild claims.

If you believe in Planet X, you might as well believe that garden gnomes are trying to take over the world. There's nearly one in every garden, so it must be true. As I write this, they are slowly, but surely creeping up the garden path and once they reach the back door, it's game over. Muuahhh

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well after viewing the trailer on IMDB I have this to say. I dreamed of tsunamis the other night. SUCKY timing.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Bit of info for you, directed by the same guy who directed Independance day and The day after tomorrow. Also found it may possibly be alternatively tiltled Farewell Atlantis.

movies.nytimes.com...

I am surprised this wasn't made before now, they will be well awasre of how frequent it is googled, they are cashing in on something because they can. They know it is beleiveable beacause the possibility is there and they know how intesrested people are in it. They can still get a way with making a classic film that will be remebered for generations if the prophecies are not forfilled in 2012, yet they are also spreading awareness to people who are not aware if it does. They cant lose either way. Opportunists at there best.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Everybody needs to calm down and realize one thing: ATS is just one massive viral campaign for this movie. When this movie comes out, and you see it, there will be no more reason to come here to ATS.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
it's all part of the same conspiracy

yes it is.

you'd be surprised, but maybe you wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

and also to For(Home)Country;

I echo both your statements. I don't ''buy'' into anything that the film represents personally, but it does beg a few questions.

Anyways, I think we can all agree that ATS (among others) makes for a reservior like source when you consider 'food for thought' to make a film. It's enriched with wild / alterantive theories on almost anything. Makes you wonder though, do the writers contracted by Hollywood actually scouer this site for ideas? Possibly...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
It is the only doomsday movie ever to be released that has NO survivors in it. Mankind will be annihilated!

Are you certain? I did a quick Google search and it appears that the story follows the "struggles of survivors". There is a substantial list of actors, including a few big names who aren't likely to be killed off too soon into the film. I suppose the movie might end with their deaths, though. Is that what you mean?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
People are so gullible. Just because someone makes a movie about 2012, they assume it must be true. Does that mean that every other movie created by hollywood is also true and it's all part of the same conspiracy, whatever that maybe.
There's is no proof whatsoever of a Planet X and that's a fact. Please prove otherwise. Please don't mention Sitchin, as I've read all his books and they are all based on conjecture, and completely devoid of any evidence to back up his wild claims.

If you believe in Planet X, you might as well believe that garden gnomes are trying to take over the world. There's nearly one in every garden, so it must be true. As I write this, they are slowly, but surely creeping up the garden path and once they reach the back door, it's game over. Muuahhh

Err try this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I can imagine sites like this are going to be flooded by new people looking for answers to questions this film potentially raises. I can just see the recent posts page full up of 2012 threads when this gets released.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
all i can say is hurry up! i hate long waits and if we are going to die it couldnt have happened at a better time

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

lol a little dramatic

Would just a minor catastrophy suffice?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by farther84]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join