It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Buying a Blu Ray player.I.Need advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ive decided on buying on Blu Ray player, I have a really nice setup, I have a nice tv, 7.1 surround sound, so im going to treat myself to a christmas present, Im thinking on a Samsung BD-P2500 or the BD-P1500...what is the difference with those two models or is there another Blu Ray player you suggest you suggest, Maybe Sony?..

Your input is much appreciated!!!!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Ive decided on buying on Blu Ray player, I have a really nice setup, I have a nice tv, 7.1 surround sound, so im going to treat myself to a christmas present, Im thinking on a Samsung BD-P2500 or the BD-P1500...what is the difference with those two models or is there another Blu Ray player you suggest you suggest, Maybe Sony?.. Your input is much appreciated!!!!

Yeah it's about time you treated yourself
/sarcasm

In all seriousness, have you considered spreading that money around, or investing in a BOB and survival supplies?

Although, I have heard that high definition TV and surround sound will really help the cause

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Depends on how much you can find those players for.

If you're a gamer, or have one in the family, spend the extra money and get a PS3.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
ps3's play hd dvd though right?
are the format wars still going on? i'd be scared to buy one. either one

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

The PS3 has the highest rating of all the blue ray players out there. Sony is very consistant with their updates as well. There is no better blue ray player to buy in my opinion. You also get a media center with a PS3 and gaming.
PS3 REVIEW

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

well there you go
get a ps3

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I own a launch 60 GB PS3 and wouldnt trade it for anything out there, period. I have it hooked to a Denon 7.1 HT amp via HDMI pushing 120 w/ch. to Klipsch speakers. Video is outputted to a Sony KDS55A3000. Bluray 1080/24p is immaculate on the right well tuned TV. Only thing I plan on doing to it is to upgrade it to a 500 GB drive for storage.

Spending the extra money is a moot point when you realize just how much more you are getting as a media center.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Exactly.

It's a bit more pricey than a plain BR player, but you get so much more. It's also in fact the best quality BR player you can buy, much better than the stand alone units.

And as others said, you can use it to store movies, music, pictures, games and everything else as well!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I could go on and on about it, but I dont want to come across as a fanboi. One feature I thoroughly enjoy is the standard DVD upscaler. It upscales all of you standard defintion DVDs to 1080i and does it well at that. It will take a 5GB music album, burn it to the drive taking up about 500KB of space. I have about 60 albums on mine ATM along with 1500 5.1 MPixel photos on it.

The only shortcoming on the current consoles in the stores is it has no backwards PS2 or PS1 capability any more and they chopped off the card reader and 2 USB ports. The plus is that Sony is puting the newer 65nm processor tech in the consoles in the stores now. Smaller faster cooler less power to run.

The BW compatability is a marketing issue. Sony wants to ramp up the PS3 title market share and thats just how it works. Cant blame them for that.

As far as the card reader goes, buy an 8 port USB 2.0 hub and stick it in one of the existing slots and both of the hardware issues are gone. Plug a USB 2.0 card reader into the other slot.

Its a slam dunk, cant think of another way to put it.
See I sound like a fan boy dont I, but I'm really not...

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Lost_Mind]

new topics

top topics

join