It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(YYSLSC) The Yin Yang Short Love Story Contest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I posted my entry (YYSLSC) If only he had known... But have not received writer status.

It may not appear to be about me, but it is written in third person, so I could technically be any of the people, that point is covered.

I am not an alien being of any sort, but I have read stories by at least one other who received writer status but was not an alien...

Those were the only two points I could see possibly conflicting the constrictions.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

The only thing which held you back from writers status is my personal tardyness.

I'll fix that before I pour myself a coffee.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ahh, no worries. Thankyou.

Was just trying to figure out where the problem lay so I could re-write it.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
'Just a couple of weeks remaining in this contest' reminder for those who were thinking about submitting a story, but forgot about it when the egg-nog went out of date.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had NO idea this was going on... Wow, I have some work to do now on these cold and lonely wintry nights.

The alien in me is ready to begin.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Final reminder:

The contest closes 12:01 AM EST, February 1, 2009 and judging will be completed on Valentines Day.

So, if you've got the bones all wired together, it's time to flesh out that short story and 'git er done', folks.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Last Chance Saloon.

The contest entry window closes after midnight, so round 'em up and get 'em branded.

Thanks to all that have participated so far. It's a fine herd of stories for the judges to sort through.

As I mentioned in the OP, the winners will be announced on Valentines Day.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The contest is now closed to new submissions and the judging will begin.

Good luck to all contestants.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Such suspense! Could I talk you into a nice little sneak peak of how the judging is coming along? Are we still on schedule?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
The contest closes 12:01 AM EST, February 1, 2009 and judging will be completed on Valentines Day.

The volunteer judges have cast their votes (as have I). There are still 3 judges remaining and are likely taking their time until Saturday, when the results will be listed.

That they WILL be listed on Saturday is my personal guarantee.

Difficult bunch of submission to choose among, but that seems to be the norm with the imaginative nature of ATS members and their obvious ability to get creative in the writing forums.

• note: Anyone who has entered the contest and NOT YET received writing status, please let me know. I believe I've made the changes for all contestants, but perhaps missed someone.

• posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
    link   
    The Winners

• First Prize

(YYSSC) And Then There Were Two by Benevolent Heretic

• [color=lime]Second prize

(YYSLSC) Child of the Heart by Heike

• Third Prize

(YYSLSC) Gretta byantar

Once again writers have shown their ability to craft a good tale and point awards will go out to all who contributed, even if they didn't win.

Thank you ALL for making this contest a pleasure to judge.

• posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
    link   
    Wow congratulations to all the winners! Thank you to the judges for their time to read and masqua for his time and love.

I am truly amazed, this is the first time I have ever won, goes to show that if you just keep trying eventually you become a winner.

Happy valentines day beloveds...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
    link   
    Wow, what an honor! Thank you so much! I can't believe it!

And congratulations to all the winners. There were so many good stories in this group. I'm sure it was a hard decision.

Thank you, again!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
    link   
    Congratulations to winners. Finely done and well deserved.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your story was outstanding, BH... personal, detailed and emotive and dovetailing nicely with the parameters set out in the OP.

EVERYBODY was a winner in this contest, though, and no-one walked away empty handed.

The hardest part is to pick only three for the winners circle.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
    link   
    Thank you, judges and readers! I've read most of the stories and it would have been tough for me. A lot of great stories there.

BH and Antar, congratulations!

BH, what would you think about you and I collaborating on a story some time? I have an idea for one...

Heike

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
    link   
    Congrats to everyone!
    All the stories were awesome!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
    link   
    Congrats to all the winners
    and congrats to all the entries, they were all good and I enjoyed reading them, thank you

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:13 PM
    link   
    congratulations to all the winners
    really great storys

and congrats to all writers.
    i enjoyed the stories so much
    thank you all for posting them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join