It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Step Closer to SkyNet. MKV Hover Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
One Step Closer to SkyNet MKV Hover Test

Here is The Test

shock.military.com...

If I ever seen one of these. I don't know what in the world I would do.

Run , Duck, Pray..

Just thought I would keep everyone upto date with the upcoming latest skynet hardware. This looks like something out of Terminator.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by SJE98]

[edit on 18-12-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

December 3, 2008

Multiple Kill Vehicle Completes Hover Test

Missile Defense Agency Director Lieutenant General Patrick O'Reilly announced that a test of the Multiple Kill Vehicle-L ((MKV-L)) was conducted Tuesday, Dec. 2 at the National Hover Test Facility at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. Preliminary indications are that planned test objectives were achieved.

Objectives of the test included having the MKV-L hover under its own power and prove its capability to recognize and track a surrogate target in a flight environment. During the test, the MKV-L's propulsion system demonstrated maneuverability while tracking a target. The MKV-L transmitted video and flight telemetry to the ground.

The MKV-L mission is to destroy medium through intercontinental-range ballistic missiles equipped with multiple warheads or countermeasures by using a single interceptor missile. During an actual hostile ballistic missile attack, the carrier vehicle with its cargo of small kill vehicles will maneuver into the path of an enemy missile. Using tracking data from the Ballistic Missile Defense System and its own seeker, the carrier vehicle will dispense and guide the kill vehicles to destroy any warheads or countermeasures.

The MKV-L development team is led by Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company.

My first thought, seeing the video, is that these were designed for use on demonstrators.

Let's hope they never are.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

If I ever seen one of these. I don't know what in the world I would do.

lol, first cover your ears, then hide and wait for it to run out of gas.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This is crazy. This and the Raygun will change how the military or police will fight wars or control violent demonstrators.
They say the raygun is non-lethal but the program I saw only had the dial turned up at low power. Turn up the power and I think you know what it will do. Get ready to FRY. Real scary.
This hover thing could be used for crowd control by using rubber bullets.

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Kailassa, thanks for posting that great detailed information. I was trying to figure out how to do that. I figured it out now. thanks for adding to the film clip.

Crowed control and demonstrators . never though of it, that seems way to real for me. Wow! Never thought of that use for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It is quite clear to me, none of you know what you're talking about.
Unfortunately, this includes the person whom posted the video -- A video that's been seen twice in the past month.

The vehicle in question is the payload of the SM-3 missile, a device used to strike incoming missiles, or satellites. What you say in the video is the maneuverability of the 'kinetic warhead'.

So unless what you are suggesting is that the U.S. plans to launch SM-3 missiles at protesters, then I am quite perplexed by how you connect the two.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well this thing isnt so new. Its about 12 years old, has been tested before, and the video...is the same from the first footage about it aired on Discovery Channel.

Its original purpose was for recon but obviously it is much too loud for that, and for space, it would be useless as satellite based anti-missle missles serve as a better platform and are already in place anyways.

It would make a neat airshow conversation piece, maybe even a scale model propelled by co2 cartridges.

And this is like the 5th thread on this unit posted within a week. Maybe the use of "search" might come in handy.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Thank you. It's obvious that reading and reading comprehension is a dying art. Especially when the quote posted in the thread says "it's mission is to destroy medium through intercontinental ranged ballistic missiles" right there.

The video of the test done in the 1980s is of an EKV, which is one of the kill vehicles that this will carry. This is the carry vehicle for the KVs. They'll load several KVs onto this, so that they only have to launch one missile and take out several warheads.

IIRC this is going to be mounted on the Ground Based Interceptor(GBI) missiles, not the SM-3. The SM-3 is too small to carry multiple kill vehicles. I could be wrong though, but they'd have to be pretty small KVs.

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Well this thing isnt so new. Its about 12 years old, has been tested before, and the video...is the same from the first footage about it aired on Discovery Channel.

Its original purpose was for recon but obviously it is much too loud for that, and for space, it would be useless as satellite based anti-missle missles serve as a better platform and are already in place anyways.

You've seen satelite based anti-missile platforms?

This is NOT the same that was tested years ago. That was the EKV, which is the kill vehicle itself. The MKV is designed to carry three or more EKVs to kill decoys as well as warheads.

The EKV was NEVER designed for recon. It was designed from the ground up as an anti-missile weapon. That is what it does, and what it has always done.

new topics

top topics

join