It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussies if reading this switch the channel to ABC ch 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They are showing stem cell research and cloning on a children's show. I believe its an english show.

Im watching all these shows with interest now lol.

Does anyone know what the show is called i dont have a guide.

But thought that it was interesting to say the least shown on msm.

It just finished damn.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That would be '4:30pm - The Fugitives'

'Childrens'
'G'
'The Fugitives'
'na'
'Jay and his feisty new friend, Mel, are forced on the run to stop pharmaceutical giant, EmbroGen's cloning experiments. With their every move tracked and half the country looking for them - just who can our heroic pair trust?'

Here's the link to the TV guide but it will be udpated by tommorow:
www.abc.net.au...

Sorry didn't catch the show myself.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I didnt see it properly only caught up to the part where this man's son was being cloned using stem cells and they had the boys in different chambers.

Its all the more interesting since there is a thread saying conspiracy sites contributing to mental illness and maybe even paranoia. Wouldn't these kids show's be doing the same by starting them young. There is alot off propaganda in kids shows. But this one seems to be anti-government and im surprised i wonder who's allowing ABC to show it lol.

I'am aware off the matrix theory and all about whether they are showing in your face shows based on fiction that might be truth. DOO DOO DOO DOO x-files.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
6:30 - a show about cactus/ cacti quite interesting actually

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Indeed it would be. I love the taste of agave syrup thats extracted from cactus and nopal powder is an interesting subject to get into.

I would rather listen to ABC radio instead of watching ABC tv lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

I'm in the UK not oz, but do you mean this one:
www.abc.net.au...

I found it looking throughthe listing link in an earlier post.
I dont think your being too outrageous with your concerns but I am guessing its like an adventure series - with facts chucked in for good measure. Want to know something weird - my generation had this series to follow :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm on ATS now because of that programme.

Just to show its not just being shown in Oz - it is being shown on iraqi kids tv too. I couldn't find anything anywhere else.
www.alsumaria.tv...

It is an Australian production and even has some neighbours actresses playing the characters.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
Indeed it would be. I love the taste of agave syrup thats extracted from cactus and nopal powder is an interesting subject to get into.

Oh WOW! Meadow. I listen to NewsRadio. They had on StarStuff, and StarStuff Extra. Not anymore, budget cuts. Instead they replaced it with crap. Since I listen to NewsRadio, I also listen to the BBC. The funny thing is that awhile ago I brought myself a radio from the saturday martkets accross the road. The radio has on its dial Bc, Sw1, Sw2, Sw3 and Fm. I have heard thought it, the Chinese BBC service. And I have heard I think it was called "VUA"? I am not sure, I think it is based in America. I also heard another radio station from America, 'Voice of America'. I think, something like that. People should NOT buy and have own a radio which ONLY has Am/Fm, I honestly think it is a conspiracy only having Am/Fm for the radio dial function.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

I'm in the UK not oz, but do you mean this one:
www.abc.net.au...

I found it looking throughthe listing link in an earlier post.
I dont think your being too outrageous with your concerns but I am guessing its like an adventure series - with facts chucked in for good measure. Want to know something weird - my generation had this series to follow :

I'm on ATS now because of that programme.

Just to show its not just being shown in Oz - it is being shown on iraqi kids tv too. I couldn't find anything anywhere else.
www.alsumaria.tv...

It is an Australian production and even has some neighbours actresses playing the characters.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

MCoG1980 it was the fugitives the afternoon series. Will definately check that on e out in the morning is it a cartoon?

The fugitives isnt a cartoon but a kids show.

Thanks for the link to children off the sun will look it up.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

There is alot off propaganda in kids shows. But this one seems to be anti-government and im surprised i wonder who's allowing ABC to show it lol.

you need to watch more quality ABC programming.

in particular, the cutting edge.
its a brilliant, hard hitting documentary on current events and goings on.
ive seen TCE doco's on non lethal weapons, oil companies, banks, and various other stuff.

[edit on 18/12/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Oh WOW! Meadow. I listen to NewsRadio. They had on StarStuff, and StarStuff Extra. Not anymore, budget cuts. Instead they replaced it with crap. Since I listen to NewsRadio, I also listen to the BBC. The funny thing is that awhile ago I brought myself a radio from the saturday martkets accross the road. The radio has on its dial Bc, Sw1, Sw2, Sw3 and Fm. I have heard thought it, the Chinese BBC service. And I have heard I think it was called "VUA"? I am not sure, I think it is based in America. I also heard another radio station from America, 'Voice of America'. I think, something like that. People should NOT buy and have own a radio which ONLY has Am/Fm, I honestly think it is a conspiracy only having Am/Fm for the radio dial function.

Wow would like a radio like that picks up satellite to other stations around the world. My husband would love that, he listens to the radio more them me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au

There is alot off propaganda in kids shows. But this one seems to be anti-government and im surprised i wonder who's allowing ABC to show it lol.

you need to watch more quality ABC programming.

in particular, the cutting edge.
its a brilliant, hard hitting documentary on current events and goings on.
ive seen TCE doco's on non lethal weapons, oil companies, banks, and various other stuff.

I try not too watch too much tv and watch sbs doco's if they are good but thanks for pointing me to the cutting edge will check it out somettime. I cant watch tv without thinking i need to be on prozac.
I could watch movies like 1982, Fahrenheight 451, Martian chronicles, Space odyssey over and over again and my life's complete.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

Wow would like a radio like that picks up satellite to other stations around the world. My husband would love that, he listens to the radio more them me.

I have seen them on the Internet, solar-wind up radios. All of them do have Am/Fm, but only less then afew have added sw and lw. Anyway. I love listening to the news, because I honestly think that in this day of age we are living in the Radio is still the fasting way of getting the news first, then the Internet.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks for that info Gordon will look them up.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

wow cloning on a kids show? well I suppose get the topic into the kids psyche at an early age so they can be influenced?

Stem cell research and cloning is controversial and not completely accepted, well cloning isn't accepted with adults in Au so why put it out there on a kids program?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

oops, your right. its an sbs doco not ABC, my bad

i dont watch much tv either, but the cutting edge is always a winner - when i remember its on.

heres a thread i started a while back with the "non lethal weapons" TCE episode.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

It doesn't appear to be a cartoon. It a kids series, as mentioned, at least one charachter is from neighbours. It echoes memories of another cartoon i grew up on Ulysses 34. I realy need to watch it again (Ulysses) because when i watched it i was unawarethat the names were of gods. It goes on about the Kingdom of Haydes and is set in space. Was a great show. What i found similar to the Oz show Silvermoon was that they were both carrying the same cargo. In ulysses the 'blue' people were in limbo (permanent sleep), and in Silver Moon it is cryogenetically frozen humans to populate the 'New World'.

Silversun:
www.abc.net.au...

Ulysses 34

www.tv.com...
www.dvdactive.com...

Ulysses ha.ha memories, for years thats who imagined Jesus to look like, kind of in a way i associated him with Jesus - no wait, i remember - i thought he was jesus - i have know idea why other than the physical appearance:

Funnily enough, i've just discovered it was the same director who made the other kids series from my youth (link in my first post).
Big stories for small minds. If both of them shows 'Ulysses & Mysterious cities of gold' were made into films now they'd be quite successful.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bit more interesting facts for you; The composer of the theme tunes in the above 80's cartoons turns out to be Shuki Levy, he also wrote the theme for inspector gadget and power rangers. He holds the world record for how many tv themes he has composed (130).

He also founded 'the Shuki Levy Chrildrens Foundation'. You can read his mission statement here:

www.shukilevy.com...

I think the reason why my favourite 80's cartoon shows made such an impact on me was because they were meant to.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

new topics

top topics

join