It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysteries of Sex

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i have heard of many pagan cults and religions whom worship sex, what i want to know is why exactly?

is there some special form of consciousness that comes about when we make love in our minds or in our bodies.

I understand a body wanting sex to reproduce our species, but why worship it as a sacred act.

I need to know this information because im working on a theory that could ultimately explain why we are here.

any information that is on topic and informative is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well not knowing which religions you are referring to in particular I would have to say the reason is probably quite simple. The older pagan religions without understanding the processes in which a child is conceived, grows inside the mother, etc, probably saw the act of sex as something "magical" or godly. This is an act that produces another life. To them there probably wouldn't have been anything more amazing than being able to produce life through an act that is most pleasurable. It doesn't really surprise me that it would become something that is revered.

If these practices continue today in any religion it is probably only due to a mix of lust and tradition.

At least that's my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
thanks for replying your probably right, i just wanted to find out if there could be something more to it, which i believe there may be. Well we will see as my research continues.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There quite possibly is something more to it, and I'm sure I'm missing some details, but overall, it seems to be the most likely answer, at least IMO.

If my wife was awake I'd get her opinion, since she is decidedly more versed on religious practices. Unfortunately she's not. So maybe some more members will come along to post their opinions/info.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh there is definitively ALLOT more to It!

Many people believe (and so do I actually) that when a Woman Orgasms she is connecting and bringing life energy into her body

It's a basis of Tantra that Men weaken with sex while women become stronger...

and it's directly connected to Christ and the Dark Ages because Mary Magdalene was the last in line or among the last female priestess in the jewish temple that practiced and Knew the sacred rituals for healing me which involved sex magic

After that Time is when Pagan Woman Goddess worship was for all intents and purposes vanquished, slain, killed... Millions of Women

The end of it had been coming slowly over the previous 2,000 years

But I actually knew a Jewish Woman who still "practiced" in NYC

and it's what we for all intents and purposes like to brandish as Witch Craft

I can tell you this

The Woman in question is now... 68 years old, and she practiced the rituals her whole life (basically allot of sex) with various purposes and reasoning behind it...

At 68... she still looks 38 last I sa wher 2 years ago...she's HOT, unexlainable really unless there is some truth to what is told which essentially is

Women connect tot he divine when they orgasm and can become strong enough to practice mini miracles of life

She claims to be able to, read minds, chart emotions, heal people

Don't know how true it is... but as a Healer, people go to her and give her lots of money and claim they are helped

and

There is her...

Looking gorgeous firm with perfect skin closing almost 70

Historically, the practice she claims originated within Judaism from Egypt where The Jews of the time as well as Pharoahs were a fair skinned people... Rather than use their own women for sex rituals they chose, at the time... the also white Jewish slave women to be used in the rituals and they learned them from the Egyptians when they were used in ritual orgies and seasonal rites etc... with the Nubian and other "barbarian" male slaves... so there was no risk of pregnancy to their women...

Which is where also the darker skinned semetic appearance got it's start in the region

Judaism itself had held until near the time of Christ a belief not in MONOTHEISM but Duality a Male and female aspect of g-d... One G-d but with a Female side, Sophia or Wisdom

So it was actually pre disposed to accept the "pagan" Egyptian fertility magic while enslaved despite it's monotheistic nature

It was only in the time of Christ that Roman male dominated pressure began to make the Ancient Hebrews look to discard these traditions, Mary wasn't a prostitute, but rather a Priestess and Christ saved her from the Church (if you believe the story)

Regardless though, the books still are out there and this lady had a wall full of them... every thing from controlling your husband to casting charms

and the whole lot was in hebrew

The nature of the magic was purely sexual, had lots of stuff on herbs and remedies and all that stuff... but when it came to the "working of Magic" the power was all derived from sexual ritual via the power of women...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to Osiris

well thanks for having a thought for my inquiry, if your wife's ever awake and you have the time then her opinion would be appreciated, the more views i get the better.

reply to mopusvindictus

thats the kind of information i was looking for, although it creates more questions then answers in my theory, many more questions and complications, but i had a feeling it would be like this, although it is more interesting now.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
As I believe there is truth in this all

It certainly explains allot of the churches action and temple in regards to Women does it not?

Conflicts with everything we are taught about both Sex and religion... many people will probably reject it outright, but I have come to see there is some spiritual Truth to it, particularly from the practice of Tantra

Like for instance, by withholding from Orgasm I can do things that... border the spiritual realm (although maybe have chemical or biological explanations)

After about a month of celibacy, I can turn women around by a glance when i walk in a room...

Could just be pheromones... allot of unconscious smell stuff goes on

But there is tremendous truth to Tantra and Longevity... I am 38, I look no older than 28 at worst, I can go out in a college scene and meet women and they don't know my age...

So Tantra has it right, Men are weakened by Orgasm

Women definitely are NOT

and Tantra is very similar to allot of Pagan sex practices and the Judaic stuff I have seen, not very different aside from if you go back far enough it's a Woman Dominant sexuality entirely not equal like Tantra

The longevity and healing practices seem to be very, very real and opur way in the west of looking at sex very backward and artificial in regards to women

is it all biological

Maybe, most I have seen has explanation that fits biology...

But still...

I actually know lots and lots on this subject, if you have questions please ask...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
is there some special form of consciousness that comes about when we make love in our minds or in our bodies.

I've long believed that the moment of a true mind+spirit orgasm is where the heart of magick lies and is very much the same kind of distended-time out-of-body experience as a near-death experience.

Both sensations are induced by a huge rush of endorphins flooding the brain and I can only describe both as the most incredible spiritual perceptual experiences I have ever known.

Take a close look at medieval cathedral architecture...the sexual symbolism of the building to represent the role of the preistess is so blatantly obvious.

If you look at this floorplan of Winchester Cathedral it's an abstract of the priestess lain out prior to sexual consummation of the ceremony...

The altar is at the 'head' at plan-north of the image...and the main entrance to the plan-south of the image.

The above image is of the main doorway of Amiens Cathedral and further illustrates the feminine sexual symbolism...looks very much like the folds of the labia wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I strongly recommend you watch this video / series of videos or just get the actual entire DVD. It's a very interesting documentary.

-

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Well not knowing which religions you are referring to in particular I would have to say the reason is probably quite simple. The older pagan religions without understanding the processes in which a child is conceived, grows inside the mother, etc, probably saw the act of sex as something "magical" or godly. This is an act that produces another life. To them there probably wouldn't have been anything more amazing than being able to produce life through an act that is most pleasurable. It doesn't really surprise me that it would become something that is revered.

At least that's my opinion.

i dont think the people you refer to saw the link between sex and childbirth...they had sex because it felt good...and some women every now and then gave birth...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Whats more sacred than the one thing that keeps us evolving and continuing as a species? Its the only real connection to God that everyone can feel. Getting 'horny' is as natural as Nature can be. Being compelled to seek out that special person, or sex, or whatever else lights your passion is exactly why we're here.

Now the real question is why the Catholic church should condemn the most natural thing in the world, and then go about saying they're religion is the one True religion. If that were true, the population of the Earth would be around 1 million lol.

It would help us all out if the OP actually stated what he was thinking when he posted.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i want to just offer a counter weight, just a different perspective.

i don't think there is anything really divine involved in sex, the mix of hormones and physicality is a heady brew.

essentially. if you are aroused, you feel very different from normal consciousness. anything that changes consciousness has at one time or another been hailed as mystical or spiritual.

it's really all just normal physicality, but as uasual those pesky ancients attached a spiritual meaning to something they were unable to explain.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Spirituality emminates from the biology. The biology emminates from the Universe. Sexual tension comes from the biology, automatically, we don't control who we lust over. Therefore its a very spiritual thing, probably the only real link to spirituality we have.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I do believe it is a intensley spiritual experience. Not just during orgasam, either. There is nothing more spiritual for me then the dance that leads up to the "act". That being said I think you are missing something when it is just about the physical act of getting laid. I don't think the true potential of sex can be felt unless you are in a loving relationship. I have felt lust, which resulted in the physical act with someone I did not love, yes it can be good, but nothing like what I feel with the man that I love, and not nearly as deeply satisfying.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Here, take a look. This is pretty interesting.
In Tantra, sexual intercourse is used as a form of meditation.
Sex is not treated as fun and source of pleasure.

biologyofkundalini.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
As others have said it really depends on the religion. In terms of magical rituals the goal is often to reach a psychological peak and/or release emotional energy that will deliver the message to the universal mind. That could involve building up intensity and then blood letting, or orgasm, or other things that culminate in a psychological climax.

Look up Sigil magic, it refers to the peak as the mental void so to speak, where one stops thinking and at that moment the message of intent gets through. Grant Morrison has a great lecture on youtube that describes it well (he is also very amusing). Here is the link to part one (also there is an ATS thread on this).

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
thanks for replying your probably right, i just wanted to find out if there could be something more to it, which i believe there may be. Well we will see as my research continues.

Yep there is more to it than people understand, thats why the general public are told to be at it non stop. lol

Remember they like your ignorance, lol

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I totally agree. I feel sorry for people in superficial or convenient relationships because sex with someone whom you deeply love and who loves you is indescribable.

Furthermore, I knew the exact moment when my husband and I had conceived our child - there was just something profoundly and intangibly different about that sexual experience than any other we had previously.

[edit on 18/12/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If I recall, the Bible of Witchcraft had a section about this subject. I remember reading it quite some time ago and did not read too much into it. However, it is available at most book sellers for your inspection.

I hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join