It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if we found out that Barack Obama was a true scam-artist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi there, I'm not trolling here... but I just think this is an issue I've been having. All of the actions this guy has been doing so far has been true to the ideals of the Democratic parties and I support him for that. Yet, I just have been thinking a lot about how politicians could easily just make a bunch of promises and talk about the issues, like Obama did, and not act on them. I am not completely in the bags for Obama but I approve of his actions so far and he seems interested in what's best for the country.

Okay... say if he wasn't interested in the country. I was expecting Obama to make a radical 180 degree turn with his personality and go completely the opposite direction and start laughing at the promises he made to us and then completely change his stance on the issues... yet he seems determined to make his ideas a reality. But what if he wasn't? We recently had a President who lied to us several times so I can't help myself from being skeptical of him although I like what he's done so far.

What if Obama was a scam artist/turns out to be a scam artist? What would you do if he ends up not following through on any of his promises and lying to us all? Would you still support him?

I just have to say that I am glad that he seems human... but what if he wasn't?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Nothing, but hold a big sign with his picture and the words "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Enjoy four more years of great Daily Show.
this is not a one line post

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What can we do? Not a single thing.

After all, what is a meager citizen to do when their rulers violate their own laws?

[edit on 12/17/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As this Governer scandal is going on it has lead me to wonder, what really would happen if the people got chagrined enough to demand his recall?

But, I do not think they will.

I would rather have a lame duck scam artist though, than one who appears ready and willing to bring in Armageddon.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The fact is that we never have any idea of what any newly elected politician will do in office. It's a pig in a poke (ha! pork barrel pun!). It's the nature of the profession.

Like RFBurns said. There ain't a whole lot to do.

If it turns out well and you voted for him you're smug.
If it turns out well and you didn't, you're silent.
If it turns out bad and you didn't vote for him you're smug.
If it turns out bad and you did, you're silent.

[edit on 12/17/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
he is human (i think); they all are.
that is not the problem.

if interests of - "the people" - are not adequately
represented by president or anyone else in power,
people will eventually revolt, not necesserily in
the great russian revolution manner..

if Mr. Obama disappoints, as many do expect,
then economy to contract further as people
will stop spending relying on what they have
now and NOT some baseless promises;
mass media revenue will sharply decline as we
will not trust any of them anymore (and rightfully so).

[edit on 17-12-2008 by eventHorizon]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's already clear what is going to happen.

If and when he "ends up not following through on any of his promises" his followers and sympathyzers will say "well George Bush damaged everything beyond repair, not even Obama could have fixed it".

When it is discovered Obama is a scam artist, they will all call themselves racists.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter what Obama is, this pathetic economy of ours should be a top priority of his. If people think he is some sort of scam artist and he ends up fixing the economy within the next 12 months then we need more scam artists.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

No, I'm not saying he is a scam-artist, I'm asking the hypothetical question what if he was? I have no doubt that our economy will fix itself. I believe this was an artificial collapse. Just, I want to play the with the thought-- what if he ends up being like Bush and Joe Biden ends up being like Cheney?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Cheers!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I really hope he does turn out to be what he claims to be, but I still have this feeling we are in for a big surprise and not a good one.

Marilyn~

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Cheers!!!!

I have a feeling I will be holding up that sign. I already chuckle inside as my Obamatron sister sees what is happening so far and says........"Hmmmm.....wait just a doggone minute here. He is keeping who? He selected her??!!! For what? after what he claimed? What the....? Nuke Iran?"
I will not be smug with her, though, her heart really was "in the right place" as she stumped for our next puppet.

Anyway, I tell her, don't feel too bad, at least we got cute kids and a nice looking CFR member in the White House come January.

Edited for spelling: This bandage on my finger hits multiple mkeys. See what I mean?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by kyred]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I thought it was just his wife that had ties to the CFR

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What exactly do you mean IF we found out? I thought that was already a foregone conclusion.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Based on what I know about his past history and what he's done in the Chicago area I believe he isn't a scam artist. I think he's done enough in Chicago that would prove to anyone that he is an honest and determined individual. My question is whether he will stay honest during the course of his Presidency and my other question is what will we do if he ends up lying like every other politician just to save his career at the end of his first term? I think Obama has potential and I have high hopes for him... but... just I think I would notice if Obama became a scam-artist... it would become apparent by his actions. His actions so far reveal to me that he has the true interests of the country at heart... but... he isn't even President yet so there is no telling what he'll do when he's President. I'm just curious what everyone's reaction will be if he decides to turn his back on us and turn his back on the Democratic party and everyone who voted for him.

top topics

join