It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity Named MisInformant of the Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

As Media Matters for America has demonstrated time and again, Fox News' Sean Hannity has been a prolific and influential purveyor of conservative misinformation. But never has he so enthusiastically applied his talents for spreading misinformation as he did to the 2008 presidential race, focusing his energies primarily on President-elect Barack Obama. Day after day, Hannity devoted his two Fox News shows and his three-hour ABC Radio Networks program to "demonizing" the Democratic presidential candidates, starkly explaining in August: "That's my job. ... I led the 'Stop Hillary Express.' By the way, now it's the 'Stop Obama Express.' " Hannity's "Stop Obama Express" promoted and embellished a vast array of misleading attacks and false claims about Obama. Along the way, he uncritically adopted and promoted countless Republican talking points and played host to numerous credibility-challenged smear artists who painted Obama as a dangerous radical.

Source

This is a must read ... it gives good examples of how 'smudged' this guy's ways are .... he is truly a mis-informant ... some of the examples are outrageous ... he completely mislead some people on obama ... i am neutral on the whole who should've been president thing but this is just wrong i don't understand why people allow this to happen....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have never liked this man. He does not even present a feeling of credibility. He is way too extreme to the right in a way that prevents him from being at all reliable or trustworthy. I pay little attention to him at this point as he is, essentially, just a propaganda tool. He has that Joseph Goebbels or Joe McCarthy feel to him.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
he hates ron paul about as much as obama,,, during the primaries i wanted to jump through the tv and smash his head in

this man is dispicable,,,a well deserved reward!!!!!!!!!!!11

the only video of him i like::::: when ron paul supporters chased him back into his hotel like the little b-tch he is as they pelted snowballs at him

great video,,, good laugh

i can't believe people would believe a wordf he says,, it's so obvious he's a paid fraud

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The only reason to listen to this man is for entertainment, that's all it is. It's entertaining to see a man act as foolishly as he does. Unfortunately, people don't see through his character and they take him at face value.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You guys lol.... He prolly called you on friday nights doesnt he?, and drills you on obama ..

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its true, this guy I have been talking about for some time now. Hannity is pretty much the poster child for right wing Fundalmentalist.
He pretty much fill the shoes of one of the many Right Wing gatekeepers.
Him and Papa Bear Bill O.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I take most information i get with a grain of salt. But Hannity knows his stuff.

Your only affraid of this guy because he is right. Of course, you leftys wouldnt know because your blinded by the MSM and your savior. Just wait .. You will see this guy (obamanation) is BAD BAD BAD

does it scare you at all .. that people who voted this chump in dont know a single thing about him or his crew? The reason he was voted in was soley because hes black.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Cio88]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That's funny, if Obama was only elected because he's black, why then is Alan Keyes the biggest joke of a Republican there is? If blacks only vote their race wouldn't he at least have been a contender for the republican nomination even once, instead of being Reagan's token black at the state dept. who was marched out to speak good about the white regime in South Africa?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe Hannity can come up with his own award? How about Hannity's most left wing George Soros funded website of the year award?

The only thing is that there are so many....I don't think Media Matters would have a chance of winning the award.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
I take most information i get with a grain of salt. But Hannity knows his stuff.

Try two things

1- read the article in the OP and see where it is made clear that he either does not know his stuff or he is a liar. You pick.

2- try confirming the things he tells you. Just like Bill o'Really, you will find that most of it is just the opposite of what he said. Unfortunately, that means checking facts.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hannity? I seem to recall Jon Stewart absolutely ripping him to pieces on his own show, hannity and colmes i think it was. "You guys are political hacks, and you need to stop what you're doing". To be fair tho, he ripped both of them to pieces. Especailly that guy with the tie...like hey, check my bowtie...this guy's been a hack in my book since a comedian flayed him in his own arena. if you haven't seen it check it out it's definately entertaining.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think that about sums it up...

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well .. it seems this site of full of nancies afraid to oppose Obama ..

Afraid of taking fire .. i expected nothing less from this community. a conspiracy site going belly up.

Anything that comes about that could damage him .. gets pushed aside and the MSM does so .. so everyone (sheep) agrees.

I can even bet those who oppose Hannity, havent even listened to him, but going with the flow from the MSM.

You all sound like Gamergirl ..

I have no problem standing up for my fellow right wing thinkers.. we built this country and all you left wingers are tring to do is destroy it. Because you want hand outs(bailouts) .. you want welfare and equality because you may or may have not had the chances to make something for yourselves. If you work hard you get rewarded, accept no sustitutes.

ding me .. block me ignore me.. do what you must to deny your ignorance ..

Cio

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

As a conservative I can tell you that just as many people follow the ridiculous antics of the Hannity and Bill “O” crowed as liberals do Phill Donahue or Alan Combs.

So I guess there are sheep on both sides of the fence huh?
The best part about sheep is that they don’t know they’re sheep so why don’t you go ahead and step out of the knee deep crap your standing in and take a good look around ya there hero.
By the way I sure is hell didn’t vote for Obama, and I listened to Hannity for years.
Then I traveled overseas and had a horrible life where upon I realized ..OH!! Its all BS!! WHO KNEW??

His crap stinks today as bad as it did then. But back then I was too damn STUPID to wake the hell up and formulate my own opinion. So I was right on with the Bill “O” and Hannity BS.

Thank God I wised up.

Undoubtedly if you read this you’ll have something clever and MIGHTY to say.

So huh yeah lets see it hero..

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

whoa that was thick!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Well .. it seems this site of full of nancies afraid to oppose Obama ..

Afraid of taking fire ..

Is that a challenge?

Anything that comes about that could damage him .. gets pushed aside and the MSM does so .. so everyone (sheep) agrees.

So you do not check the recent threads? Perhaps you missed the six alone on why he is not a citizen?

I can even bet those who oppose Hannity, havent even listened to him, but going with the flow from the MSM.

I listen and watch him. What lies would you like me to start with?

You all sound like Gamergirl ..

How would you have any clue what any of us sound like?

I have no problem standing up for my fellow right wing thinkers.. we built this country and all you left wingers are tring to do is destroy it. Because you want hand outs(bailouts) .. you want welfare and equality because you may or may have not had the chances to make something for yourselves. If you work hard you get rewarded, accept no sustitutes.

ding me .. block me ignore me.. do what you must to deny your ignorance ..

Cio

Seriously though. If you want to bash Obama, start that thread. If you want to praise Hannity, start that thread. This thread is about Hannity winning the award for disinfo agent of the year. Why? Because he earned it as has been carefully pointed out. If you feel it is wrong, please clear it up for us. I am open to that concept. I just need to see something that even remotely leans that way first. Calling people nancies is not much of an argument. If insults is all you have, you are best to keep them to youreself.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

My, my. On Christmas no less. Have some eggnog and hug your kids.

The OP was more about Hannity reporting lies and calling it news. I just cringe when I hear some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Even Allan Colmes has had enough and is finally leaving the show. He was supposedly there to try and give some balance but obviously he just couldn't stand being part of that charade any longer. The man should be given a medal for putting up with it as long as he did.

Plus Hannity and Billo share the same interview style that is promoted by FOX. Get somebody on, discredit them as much as possible, ask leading questions and before the guest even has a chance to answer, they talk over them, then cut them off and "run out of time". But not out of time enough to spend more time discrediting and calling the guest a fool because they couldn't answer their question.

Listen and believe what you want. It's a free country after all. Created by all those liberals and revolutionaries back in 1776.

edit to add: Actually, if I remember correctly, we called those guys patriots. So if A + B equals C, it must mean I'm a patriot. Go figure.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by zlots331]

[edit on 25-12-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Hannity? I seem to recall Jon Stewart absolutely ripping him to pieces on his own show, hannity and colmes i think it was. "You guys are political hacks, and you need to stop what you're doing". To be fair tho, he ripped both of them to pieces. Especailly that guy with the tie...like hey, check my bowtie...this guy's been a hack in my book since a comedian flayed him in his own arena. if you haven't seen it check it out it's definately entertaining.

i think your talking about tucker carlson and some other guy on cnn----the show was called crossfire

there's the clip o0f that on brasscheck.com-=---great site----shameless plug

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join