It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people tolerate lesbians and not homosexual men?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Because Lesbians for the most part are not "in your face" about their sexual preference.
They don't have inflammatory parades that are seem to try be offensive with themes such as male gays dressed as barebreasted Nuns and such.
Yes the Catholics are unfair to gays, but the Nun depiction will never change them over. Because lesbians aren't known to typically throw orgy bashes with
amyl nitrate, and anti prostate inflammation drugs to enhance an act that doesn't need enhancing in the first place.
Because fems are such a ridiculous parody of themselves.
And of course the AIDS epidemic bears out the promiscuity aspect.
I speak as a straight male with a few many gay aquaintences and have nothing but respect for the 80% of gay men that for the most part are better mentally balanced than straight people.
But one bad apple...................................
No judgement, just the facts.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by habeas corpuss

well said, a little bit extreme but i know why you're bothered. it's like people say. "you not only have to accept the gay lifestyle but you also have to like it"

and.. if you don't like it, guess what.. you're gay.

it's just reasoning and rationalizing. who's gonna be claiming their rights after the gays are equal? boy lovers? beast lovers? rapists?

the argument of men repulsed by gayness = they're gay, holds true for all of these other scenarios. that doesn't mean i'm a rapist, it means i'm NOT a rapist.

i'm repulsed by eating sushi but when i see people eating sushi it might make me hungry. does that mean i'm a closet sushi lover? no of course not, it means that seeing people feel good while eating sushi makes me hungry.

homosexuality is wrong, it's not any more wrong than pissing on public toilet seats or cutting people off in traffic but it's still wrong.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Mopusvinctictus:

I tried to *reply* to your post but it wouldn't work.
Anyway!
I learned more about sex from your post than I have in all of my adult life.
You also did a pretty tactful job (minimal gross out effect).
I don’t know if a thank you is in order or not!

About 2 women in comparison to two men?
It’s a guy thing - even I know that...
(Men’s number one fantasy being having more than one woman in his bed)...

*P*E*A*C*E*

[edit on 18-12-2008 by silo13]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

People aren't principled. We live in a sexually male dominated society.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Oh yeah, when you "accidentally" run into pictures of men.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ok, i asked my boyfriend about this. 2 guys vs 2 girls. well, his answer was obvious. "2 girls is just, well, right. and most all men would really enjoy more "nectar". " (women have the nectar of the gods, he says) i think it is a huge double standard. and as we find, most things in life have a double standard. very few exceptions. men are pigs and that is just the way things are. and after speaking with my boyfriend about this, and the smile he carried on his face, along with the sparkle in his eye (almost dazed), i think he is ok with being a pig with a double standard.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamGen
ok, i asked my boyfriend about this. 2 guys vs 2 girls. well, his answer was obvious. "2 girls is just, well, right. and most all men would really enjoy more "nectar". " (women have the nectar of the gods, he says) i think it is a huge double standard. and as we find, most things in life have a double standard. very few exceptions. men are pigs and that is just the way things are. and after speaking with my boyfriend about this, and the smile he carried on his face, along with the sparkle in his eye (almost dazed), i think he is ok with being a pig with a double standard.

I dont think it has to do with a man being a pig - at all. Because many women prefer to watch 2 women, rather then having a man thrown in there.

There is nothing wrong with, nor is it a double standard, a man prefering to watch women over men. It doesnt mean they are pigs or homophobes, etc etc. It means SIMPLY: they prefer women over men.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Interesting observation.
Myself, I find watching (hot) females making out quite attractive -but thats 'cause I love chicks!
I'm all for homosexuals -Any number of males distracted by each other means more females for me. Ban lesbianism!

Seriously though, how about we stop letting ourselves be devided by sexual preference. I beleive there actually is no 'homo-' 'lesbo-' or what have you -sexuality. Only 'Sexuality' I am sexual. It's true that I'm attracted to girls and not so much to guys but in, say, a pitch black room a gentle touch is stimulating (given the right conditions, like at an orgy) regardless from whom it was dispensed.

Don't you see? This is just one more way ,They' can divide us in order to distract us in the media, etc. and conquer us eventually!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I strongly disagree with your idea that women cannot pass STDs to each other through sex , unless they never have any kind of oral sex (which I believe they will have most of the time) , they can and WILL transmit diseases they have.

A basic class of imunology would teach you that.

Just because someone looks healthy to you too , it doesn't mean they do not have innactive viruses in their systems that you could get , and the disease could manifest in you once transmited!

And women are as perverted as men

Comdom always , unless both have had a serious complete check up before sex , and she is in some kind of contracepty pills.

Men that let their wives have these extra relationships should be really careful , you really don't know with whom that other girl hangs out ... she could even have AIDs that has not yet manifested .... and not be aware of it , she could really have good intents but still cause harm.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Seems to me, men are the majority of ones to be anti-homosexual. Men don't seem to be as offended by lesbians.

I wonder why that is?

I just don't read too many 'Boycott Lesbian Business' Threads or 'Christianity and the Lesbian Conspiracy' ...

Perhaps men are ok with seeing two women in a relationship but not two men?
[edit on 17-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

You must be a woman....

Whether a woman is straight or gay she is still a woman, and so males will have sexual desires for that woman, and so seeing two women together stimulates that desire for they impose themselves into the situation as a heterosexual.

A heterosexual male mainly see the sexual behavior of two homosexual males as something that is disgusting since it goes completely against their own sexual desires.

Many women tolerate male homosexuals to the point they treat them as one of the girls much more than they tolerate lesbians. Since women’s sexuality tends to be more emotional based and men’s more physical/visual based, men tend to have a higher degree of negative reaction overall.

In no way am I putting a right or wrong stamp on any of this, for it is just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I tolerate everybody.
Seems that all I do lately is tolerate people.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The problem as I see it is ignorance. Not knowing of what you speak. You don't know because fear won't let you get close enough to the situation to find out what they are like. I see it like this, those that are against gays think it's all about "butt sex". If you don't get to know gay people that perception will never go away.

Also a lack of confidence in their own sexuality. You didn't cringe in high school when you showered together but OMG, "I saw that guys wiener, I might be queer" now? Huh? Gain some understanding and the fear goes away. No, I'm not gay but I have a couple of gay people in my family.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think mostly it has to do with gender roles that we have societally ingrained into us. For men, to be gay, goes against alot of what we are taught is "masculine" and it challenges our identity as males, and indeed most homosexual men i know are much more open to questioning and exploring their identity, their feelings and their emotions, which are all pretty taboo as males.

Lesbianism, on the other hand, does not really go against the nature of being feminine, and therefore poses less of a threat to our safe worldview of what a woman is supposed to be. Therefore it is less disruptive to our views of propriety and more acceptable to people. Its all ideology, and has nothing to do with real or true info. Almost all the posts you see on here with their "reasons" for males being wrong together are not based off of fact, just hearsay and ignorance.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The problem as I see it is ignorance. Not knowing of what you speak. You don't know because fear won't let you get close enough to the situation to find out what they are like. I see it like this, those that are against gays think it's all about "butt sex". If you don't get to know gay people that perception will never go away.

Also a lack of confidence in their own sexuality. You didn't cringe in high school when you showered together but OMG, "I saw that guys wiener, I might be queer" now? Huh? Gain some understanding and the fear goes away. No, I'm not gay but I have a couple of gay people in my family.

There two parts to all this. One is accepting the whole gay issue that your posts points out, and the other is accepting the sexual behavior side of the issue.

One of my best friends spent a good part of his life saying or doing anything he could to get a women into bed then once accomplished he would quickly move on. Though I totally disagree with his behavior he is still my friend.

And as with my gay friends, which one is another very good friend that I didn't know he was gay for years but it didn't change my friendship with him once I did know...(though I supected he was a long time ago)

With that said, if he decided to make out in front of me I would find it extremely unappealing. Does that make me a hypocrite, or someone without understanding, or fear of the issue?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The way I see it is that these people are born this way, right? Then it is completely natural. I don't see any human being as being more important than another. Nobody has any right to tell someone that they are wrong for being who they are.

I love people the way they are. Being yourself is the thing I like most about people.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well, there is an easy answer to that;

What is better than 1 attractive female?

Answer: 2 attractive females!!

Seriously, it is all in our genes. Males are programmed for variety and quantity to perpetuate the species. Heterosexual males are naturally not attracted to the same sex for simple biological reasons; Males do not have the visible characteristics of a female such as curves and breasts. These physical traits are used to determine attraction and fertility.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by nikolat23]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
With that said, if he decided to make out in front of me I would find it extremely unappealing. Does that make me a hypocrite, or someone without understanding, or fear of the issue?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Xtrozero]

That's just natural. How many times have said to a straight couple that just had to make their love public, "Jeez, get a room you two"?

Somehow I think your friend has the societal sense to know how it would make you feel and it wouldn't happen. I was invited to a gay bar in the mid 80's. I went, with reservations. It became known that I was straight and guess how they treated me? Like one of the guys. Had a great time, no stress. Gays are much more in tune with society because of what they have had to endure.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikolat23Males do not have the visible characteristics of a female such as curves and breasts.

Oh yes they do! But maybe more subtle. There is always a phsyical characteristic mingled into the mental attraction. Trace of the jaw bone, strength in the bum, dynamic of the chest, sculpture of the thigh. And how they round together. Sure there is not for women a big common known cue, such as for men there is 'breasts'--

There are individual subtleties. Guys can't figure what it is, and it is a joke when they are guessing. Such as the media portrays Fabio, or in the big jock wars...

I find the male exuburant attraction to breasts somewhat ill, and the male pomp for lesbian behavior to be a homosexual activity amoungst themselves-to take the attention off of how gay they really are.

In fact I won't date a breast drooling lesbian interaction hopeful male, as the personality behavior puts his 'manliness' and survivability (intelligence) in a time of war, in question.

And I believe this breed of men is top slotted for failed interpersonal relationships-you know, the ones whining later on and feeling hopeless-always wondering 'why'. The alcoholics and the creepies. They never left thier mothers breast, always sought for it in others or overlayed their breastfeeding onto others, sought to demoralize their women by seeking perversion in their women to impress their men(homosexual), sought to dominate and deplete all their possible counterparts opportunities so they can 'fit' into what their homosexual tendencied mentors and bros expect of them. It's a mob mentality.

At least the real homosexuals are honest, thus more trustworthy, thus more attractive to women who value this for it's importance to SURVIVABILITY in a time of war.

Survivability in a time of war is a big attribute for some of us, ladies.

They like it because someone told them they should like it. They are the expendable foot soliders. Necesarry on a huge battlefield expecting huge losses. Where is the war?

This social behavior geared away from what would otherwise be genuine matches. A genuine match is a powerful thing. It breeds individuality. Individual thinkers, completed within themselves by themselves, are a dangerous thing-to their masters, not so easily controlled.

Breast and lesbian worship is a control factor, supported and policed by those already hypnotised.

Yeah, like 2percent of the world agrees with me here, :-)

That's what I think of breasts and the lesbian phenomena (or more recently promlugated the bisexual phenomena).

Live and let live-a two way street not indicating participation.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've never been too keen on the idea of either.

But it's more of a double standard. (Like everything else in life.)

Peace,
FK

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
I find the male exuburant attraction to breasts somewhat ill, and the male pomp for lesbian behavior to be a homosexual activity amoungst themselves-to take the attention off of how gay they really are.

In fact I won't date a breast drooling lesbian interaction hopeful male, as the personality behavior puts his 'manliness' and survivability (intelligence) in a time of war, in question.

Why do you reduce men's desire to "breasts" then deride the ones who are into lesbian antics? You seem to be confessing a lot yourself. Guys who like lez action in front of their eyeballs are not subconsciously gay. I think your perception is narrow. Also in regards to "Survival". Perhaps you can clarify?

They never left thier mothers breast,
always sought for it in others or
overlayed their breastfeeding onto others,
sought to demoralize their women by seeking perversion in their women to impress their men(homosexual),

I disagree with you about men seeking the "perversion" of lez activity to impress "their men" (I think you mean their also-secretly-gay friends??)... If you understood men you'd know that "breasts" are not what men want though your generalization is somewhat true. If you have nice boobs, you are free to get upset at men who like them, and if you don't have nice boobs, you are also allowed to hate on girls who do have 'em. Generalizing men in this fashion is not really accurate because people like cheeks as much as they like chests.

It's been common all through time for females to have intimacy with one another. How do you think patriarchal polygamy works anyway? 10 women and one man? You figure it out. Probably the patriarchal male has so many things on his mind that might not even be able to satisfy half his brides anyway, so obviously these women had a culture of tribbing or rubbing up against each other just to get off. What remedy would you provide them? Hell, patriarchy/polygamy is kinda like prison for a woman in a lot of ways but also very like a REAL prison where humans will seek for intimacy, when it is denied to them. Lack of intimacy is the real problem, and the touchy-nature of lesbian sex is generally nurturing, in my opinion.

The idea that women are "perverted" toward lesbianism seems silly. Can you defend that position? What is the downside of it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join