It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Actual Astronomy of 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is my first ever post.I've been reading your stuff and had a few thoughts! Wasn't 3114bc the date of a comet strike? Also wasn't Egyptian civilisation started about this time? I also was reminded of a paper I read by Velikovsky called 'A cosmos without gravitation'. In it he theorises that this invisible force we call gravity doesn't really exist and mass has no weight really! It is an electro-magnetic effect and the planets merely occupy orbits in 'standing waves' around the sun. Any change then in the suns magnetic field could easily change a planets orbit to occupy a new position or flip it over! Another silly thought, could the earth wandering poles be related in some way to the sun's magnetic field? Is this 'old hat' or just a bit of nonsense?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Since the magnetic polarity of the Sun reverses on an eleven year cycle with no apparent effect on Earth it would appear that the notion does not have a lot going for it.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Some think it may have been a comet strike, and the first Egyptian empire. The Mayans referred to the date as "the birth of Venus". Interesting that you should bring up Velikovsky especially in regards to Venus.
He proposed Venus was a young planet ejected from Jupiter, appearing as a great comet. The destructive events in the sky followed by cataclysms on Earth, are the events underlying many myths.
I don't know about the details but I do think Venus is a young planet.

The Sun most definitely is connected to us and the planet in more ways than most realize. It's a simple truth some don't get, it's all systems embeded in systems.
The science behind pole shifts on Earth say it take thousands of years, and not too regular either. I don't think it's a stretch to think the sun has some role though.
The transitional period would be interesting if the poles split leaving multiple N/S poles.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

I merely thought why would the mayans begin their 'long count' on this date ie 3114bc.There was certainly a major 'world' event at this time. At least according to dendro chronology and maybe although not so accurately 'ice core samples'. Also Velikovsky, quoting from the greek myths, I think, says' Venus was born from the forehead of Jupiter' then goes on to say Venus was a huge comet. This too is interesting because we now know that comets do indeed 'spring' from Jupiter in a way as it pulls them into new orbits.Perhaps the ancient greeks did witness the birth of Venus, who knows? The idea that the Earth's pole shifts were related to the suns magnetic field was a bit 'tongue in cheek' really but people do forget that we are sitting on a giant magnet and the 'graviton' is at the moment mere speculation.LOL Anyway thanks for replying

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Will apologize in advance, but i was wondering if any astronomers professional or armature have been viewing and photographing the sun for the past 24 months ?

If this question is in the wrong area of the site kindly point me to the correct area

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Oh yeah, the Sun is being studied with great intensity in the recent years.
You can get daily info at the SOHO or spaceweather sites.
I've been studying the sun as a hobby for the past couple of years. Amazing new knowledge has been pouring out.
I'm convinced the Sun is an electrical phenomena and nuclear fusion is a byproduct.

My thread on the subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Sun has been eerily quiet for some time now.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First would like to thank squiz for bringing this thread to the forum and thank all for a nice balanced views on the subject.

Originally posted by squiz
reply to post by midicon

Some think it may have been a comet strike, and the first Egyptian empire. The Mayans referred to the date as "the birth of Venus". Interesting that you should bring up Velikovsky especially in regards to Venus.
He proposed Venus was a young planet ejected from Jupiter, appearing as a great comet. The destructive events in the sky followed by cataclysms on Earth, are the events underlying many myths.
I don't know about the details but I do think Venus is a young planet.

All the evidence I have come across since I first became interested in the subjects of comets and the history of our solar system does seem to point to the fact that Venus is a young planet, that Venus did seem to come out of Jupiter but as some researchers have been kind enough to point out is that more than likely Venus was captured by Jupiter. I am no expert on the subject but I believe the Myans watched Venus and had a calendar devoted to it which was on a 53 or so year cycle. If what I have heard is true that Venus sucked the atmosphere from Mars and caused a polution event twice here on earth then the Mayans had good reason to watch Venus.

peace

daz__

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join