It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Stuns Scientists, Declares Mercury in Fish to be Safe for Infants, Children, Expectant Mothers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

FDA Stuns Scientists, Declares Mercury in Fish to be Safe for Infants, Children, Expectant Mothers!

www.naturalnews.com

In a truly astonishing betrayal of public safety (even for the FDA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration today revoked its warning about mercury in fish, saying that eating mercury-contaminated fish no longer poses any health threat to children, pregnant women, nursing mothers and infants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
SInce Big Pharma wants everyone to get vaccines that are laced with Thimerosal (a mercury substance) they can't have the FDA saying that mercury in fish is unhealthy now can they.
So here is more proof of the FDA being "bought" so that the public can continue to be poisoned.
I personally have had 4 visits to the ER for mercury poisoning from fillings that I lost and swallowed. The doctors in each case said "We have no idea what is wrong with you" Maybe you have Gerd or acid reflux disease. On the last such stay in the hospital I finally realized I had lost a filling on the 3 previous episodes. I experienced severe stomach cramps, vomiting and weakness and numbness in my muscles. All classic symptoms of mercury poisoning. I still have the tingling and numbness to this day.
Any dentist will tell you that if he disposes of mercury in the trash he can be fined heavily for environmental pollution.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The FDA may have stunned scientists, but not me, or probably anyone else on this site. They are degenerating, poisoning humans from every front possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

Although I agree, that is simply a blog with no link to the official FDA statement....

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Id love to ask whoever made this report do they eat fish with mercury in it

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
MAYDAY MAYDAY

THEY DONT LIKE US
They want us dead, or enslaved

just another tidbit of information....

They are so corrupt and sivk... Blap them up someone

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What, don't you know? Mercury helps to build strong teeth! Oh wait, that would be a fluoride, another toxic substance!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Then why is it when some kid breaks a mercury thermometer at school, they evacuate the school and close it and call in the HazMat teams?

I guess mercury is only bad for you when it's laying on a floor, but it won't hurt you if you have it injected into your body through vaccinations, or put into your mouth in dental fillings, and of course, mercury-laden fish is fine too.

[edit on 12/17/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If this is true, it's just another reason to be disgusted by the FDA. I was debating the intentions of the FDA with a friend. This guy is brite, but still thinks the system is not that corrupt. Well, he's not too brite! I beat him in chess quite a bit

Have to add, kattraxx your sig is unfortunately inspiring...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by unityemissions]

[edit on 17-12-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
S + F.
when will that day come when FDA will be reorganized, completely?
their corrupt nature is so disgustingly obvious.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Here you go Habu71...
The Food and Drug Administration is urging the government to amend its advisory that women and children should limit how much fish they eat, saying that the benefits of seafood outweigh the health risks and that most people should eat more fish, even if it contains mercury.
If approved by the White House, the FDA's position would reverse the government's current policy that certain groups -- women of childbearing years, pregnant women, nursing mothers, infants and children -- can be harmed by the mercury in fish and should limit their consumption.

The FDA sent its draft report, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post, to the White House Office of Management and Budget as part of the FDA's effort to update the existing health advisory. The report argued that nutrients in fish, including omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and other minerals could boost a child's IQ by three points.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The FDA may be scientifically accurate. Mercury, as well as all other metals, has many chemical forms. Some chemical forms of mercury are dangerous, others may be completely harmless. Perhaps the form of mercury that is found in fish is harmless. The Mercury in fish may be so strongly chelated that it cannot do mischief in the body.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Minimize costs. Maximize profits. That same old same old.

Can I have the blue pill back?

reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Why take the risk though? I only have one life presumably. I would prefer to live it without being minutely poisoned over the long run. We cannot trust the politicians. How can we trust the FDA?

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Blue Pill? That's the one I took.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Please show the info on the COMPLETELY HARMLESS form of mercury. I have never heard of this. I want to learn about this.

Mercury Sulfide may be harmless but that's not the type found in fish or fillings. When Mercury Sulfide is heated it emits toxic fumes.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm a pharmacist and I haven't trusted the FDA since they were re-organized back in the early 90's. They have become so corrupt in recent years it's unbelievable.

Ironically, the FDA was originally created by the government to watch out for the safety of the general public. But now with all the regulation changes that have happened in the FDA over the last 15 years or so, it's become like the fox guarding the hen house. You can't trust anything that comes out of the FDA these days because honestly, I don't think they care about protecting the public anymore.

They only care about protecting the pharmaceutical companies, because these days, the chiefs of the FDA are appointed directly FROM the pharmaceutical companies. Plus, now the FDA gets quite bit of their money directly from the pharmaceutical companies when they submit their NDA's (new drug applications), instead of all of it coming from the government like it used to. This money obviously influences the FDA to think of the drug companies as their clients instead of the general public.

So, what are they going to do....create another agency to guard the FDA?? They're not doing their job. Don't even get me started on how pharmaceutical medications kill about 250,000 people a year in this country, and how the medical schools and pharmacy schools have also become corrupted by them....I won't even go there.

Anyway, long rant there.....but I guess what I was trying to convey is that I don't trust the FDA these days, and I'm in the industry. I don't recommend anyone else trust them, either.

If they want people to start trusting them again, they need to completely re-organize and clean up their act....and I seriously doubt that will ever happen because there is so much money to be made.

top topics

join