It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please discuss re: Guardian Angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I wanted to share a story from my best friend:

This person is my father’s age and use to deer hunt with us in Lampasas. He also taught high school with my father for more years than either of them would want to admit to. This man is your typical older stoic German; he doesn’t show much emotion, and is very old school and stuck in his ways.

Most of Ken’s Christmas cards/letters over the years generally involved the following discussions: grandkids, family, hunting, hunting, hunting. Anyway, the one we received last week was completely different in tone. Basically, his wife has been extremely sick for many years with heart disease and various other ailments. Throughout the course of this year, several of her maladies became worse, and her doctors had prescribed many new and different types of medicine. By November she was taking up to twelve pills a day for her various maladies. Ken was never too comfortable with all these medications, and often wondered whether he should try and take her off of some; but was obviously afraid to do anything.

In November of this year, she experienced a couple of small strokes and everything turned upside down. She started having panic attacks and was losing control of her bodily functions at times. She was also having trouble remaining lucid and couldn’t think clearly. In late November, she had an appointment to take some tests at a hospital in New Braunfels. Early that morning, Ken woke her up and took her to the breakfast table to feed her and help her take her medicine. As she was sitting at the table, she kept asking Ken who was sitting across they way in their living room (no one was there). Ken figured that she was hallucinating due to the medication and tried to tell her she was dreaming, etc.

The next morning, they had another doctor appointment, and the same morning routine followed. And again, she asked Ken who was sitting across the way in their living room. At this time, she needed to use the restroom and he helped her out of the room. When he returned to the kitchen, he heard a noise in the living room and walked in there to see what had fallen down, etc. Not seeing anything, he came back to the kitchen and continued preparing breakfast. He then went over to her place setting to recount her morning medication (he always counted twice for safety) and noticed one pill missing. While looking around, he found it underneath her napkin. This pill (I forget the name) was the one medication he was seriously thinking was causing her so much additional trouble. He was very worried that this medication might end up permanently disabling or killing her.

Upon finding this pill hidden under the napkin, he felt a chill on his body and walked back to the living room. While looking around, he looked out the window and saw what looked like a man in bright white clothes walking on the porch. He raced outside the door and saw no one on the porch or in the yard. When he went back inside the house, he looked back outside the window and saw the same figure, this time turning to face him through the window and then disappearing. Right then he felt what was like a warm blanket come over him, and for some reason his first thought was the pill underneath the napkin. He knew at that moment that he had to take this medication away from her, and did so.

Ken immediately fell to his knees and cried and prayed. He cried and prayed all day and into the night. In his words, he knew that he had witnessed his wife’s guardian angel. He remembered: 1) her seeing someone in the living room twice; 2) the commotion in the living room when nothing was in there (they have no pets), 3) the pill underneath the napkin when all the others were laying on top of it; and 4) the apparition outside the window. He knew that the angel had hidden the pill as a way to tell him to take it away from her, and the unexplained commotion in the other room made him leave the kitchen for this to be done.

(Fast forward to early December. His wife is now feeling better than she has in the last two-three years. There is no lingering effects of the strokes, her bodily functions are back to normal and controlled, and she has regained her strength (her heart issue still exists, she has had it for years) and her mind is clear again. Her doctors were astounded. After reviewing the tests, they noted that the one medication that Ken took away from her was causing her to disintegrate in front of him. In their opinion, within another couple of weeks and she would have had several more strokes and would have been in a coma.)

Please note:

I have known Ken for many years, he was even one of my high school teachers. I have hunted with him for more years than I will admit to. He and his wife are good friends of my parents. He came from a typical German Lutheran family and was brought up with strong family and Christian values. However, we never had many deep religious discussions (old stoic Germans don’t do that). For him to witness to this experience is almost as astounding as the experience itself. Also note that Ken takes no medications and has never been in the hospital himself.

When I read his letter, I sat down and cried. Although the above reads like a Readers’ Digest story, I can personally vouch for this man’s veracity and character. While holding this letter, I felt emotions inside me that I had not felt before. Although I had not witnessed the above, I almost felt as if I had. I felt this need to spread this story as much as possible.

Does anyone have other 'guardian angel' stories to share???

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, I dont have any stories to share, but I would like to point out, dont mention the guardian angel as apparition.

4) the apparition outside the window

Generally, apparations, are used to refer to ghosts alone, and the guardian angels are in my opinion, the representatives to god, so please change it. Anyway, thank you for sharing this, this really made me very happy, knowing that god is always there watching us and helping us.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry, Peacejet. I truly was in a hurry to relay this story and only proof read one time. Ken first referred to the angel as an 'apparition' because that was his initial thought. I just got hung up on that word, thats all.

I absolutely believe that this event was God working through one of His Angels to protect my friend's wife at this time. My apologies for a bad choice of words.

join