It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aren't we being told about Scientology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
In Canada they don't have Religious status and therefore are not tax exempt.

I'm in Michigan, a short drive from Windsor...

You guys in Canada have your crap figured out! I love it!

I keep hearing all these things about Canada, and then look at the U.S.... and wonder why I didn't move there years ago

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I would have to say that Canada is a great country and generally Canadians are good people. We have our problems but there is nothing really major. We are 33,500,000 people spread out over a lot of land so I think we're more laid back. And we have stricter gun laws than the States. Also the U.S. is also a great country, I don't want to sound like I have a high opinion about us, don't want to offend.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

hehe, honestly, I think you could do your worst as far as insulting america, and most people in our country would agree with you...

America was a great country... and we will be again...

In the interim, we have a lot of figuring out to do...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

The so-called 'artists' in $cientology have a different experience than others. They are treated lavishly compared to some poor schmuck that had to sign on to Sea Org in order to 'pay' for their $cientology 'services'.

As for people that stay with it... It's a lot like when anyone is scammed, they deny that they have been scammed. They deny they were made fools of. It's human nature. I know of one lady here that keeps sending money to scammers. She insists that they will come through, and make her rich. It's the same thing, only in the guise of religion.

Others are offered power within the 'church', and that's always a sweet thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have also done 'research' on the Church of Scientology and i think they
are harmless. They are 'just' a group of people who share the same
toughts about (for many people) unbelievable stuff.
It happened that many members work in the entertainment
industry wich are very very succesfull. That is logic because you have to
be very creative to be succesfull in the entertainment industry. And it
occurs that creative people have a large spiritual creative mind and they
are good for exposure for an organization as Scientolgy. Every church
wants to get more members. They have a genius way to attract people.
That is via the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry is the
fastest growing industry in the future and becomes the leading industry
(off topic)

I was first very sceptic about Scientology because the newspapers and
other media reported very negatively about them. (that is an
understatement, some do know why, but i changed my mind radically.)

About the money... I think there are in other reliogions more wealthy
people than in CoS. Name the Catholic Church or Boedhism by example.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
seriously, there are 7 billion people on this planet which makes the number of vulnerable suckers amazingly huge. it's ok just let them learn their lessons. the poor suckers.

Unfortunately, there are such "suckers" in schools, medical services and government around the world.
There are several charity groups set up to funnel teenagers into the cult at an early age.

I would gladly allow these people to make their own choices and waste their lives and money, but I wouldn't support their influence on kids, under the disguise of education, rehabilitation or social schemes.

And this is exactly they they do.

If anyone has any doubt about how bad this cult is, just take a look at this and see for yourself... (note, this video has been proven to be doctored to increase audience numbers)

Link

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

your comments on personal based religion is in fact what i've always believed.. Religion is something truly personal and our faith in a creator of whatever sort is or should be a truly individual thing. If a belief that works for someone doesn't work for every else, it doesn't mean that everyone else is doomed or vice versa. There has to be black and white, day and night etc... it's the balance of nature and of our universe. We are only doomed if we think we are going to be doomed. but learning to co-exist with ALL things (black and white) in moderation and with balance surely has got to be a GOOD thing..(as long as we keep learning and not killing anybody!!) and the only way we can do that is by learning what way (faith, religion, ideas..) is going to work alongside with our personalities and our inner cores. And that my friend, is your personal based religion. Your personal Saviour! You can call him Jesus if you like....

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnozt

So how much are they paying you? Or are you being paid in "spiritual services?"

I refuse to believe that people can deny the heaps of evidence that come from everywhere EXCEPT the actual "church" itself.

Where exactly did you find the information that led to the formation of your opinion, anyway?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Scientology is an underground movement to usurp the NWO, Illuminati, Zionists, you name it. They are our saviors. The whole religion is a cover up and it is made to be as kooky as possible to avert prying eyes from their true agenda.

No, I have nothing to substantiate any of this, but I honestly think it is a very plausible theory.

And I haven't checked, but are there any Jews in Scientology? Seriously.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I've researched scientology extensively, I've read the top of the top most secret documents they have, documents that even tom cruise may or may not have read yet, depending on how much money it costs to be able to see these documents..

THE BIGGEST SECRET OF SCIENTOLOGY

:::WARNING:::

*SPOILER*

L. Ron Hubbard is God.

*END SPOILER*

:::END WARNING:::

That is the biggest secret of Scientology, anyone who claims otherwise, you haven't researched it enough to find this ugly truth.

How do people like Will Smith & Jack Black get duped? They get schmoozed by Tom Cruise, he's a very charismatic guy, he knows how to recruit, he's been brainwashed to be an expert at it, and when I use the term brainwashed I don't mean metaphorically, I mean literally, let me share with you a few videos.

www.youtube.com...

"Scientology is the worlds largest global scam. It's based on hypnosis and the propaganda techniques that built the third reich."

here's another video.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnozt
I have also done 'research' on the Church of Scientology and i think they
are harmless. They are 'just' a group of people who share the same
toughts about (for many people) unbelievable stuff.

If you have indeed done any research on Scientology, you would not think that they are harmless.

They destroy families

They break you financially.

They were charged with a felony in the death of a young woman.
Those that leave this Cult area labeled "S.P.'s" which means suppressive person. When you leave the cult, you are ordered to remain quiet about them.

The thoughts are not "shared" as you claim. They are told what to believe to become "CLEAR." To become "clear" is to remove the theatens out of your body.

Sir, you also need to know that their founder- former Science Fiction Writer Ron L. Hubbard made up the most bizarre tale about how earth became what it is.

I was first very sceptic about Scientology because the newspapers and
other media reported very negatively about them. (that is an
understatement, some do know why, but i changed my mind radically.)

So, you think $cientology is good? What changed your mind?

About the money... I think there are in other reliogions more wealthy
people than in CoS. Name the Catholic Church or Boedhism by example.

All religions make money. To become "clear" in the $cientology cult, will cost you close to 1/2 a million dollars.

Last time I checked, you can get bread at a Catholic Church for free.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Lord Xenu is #ing awesome though. Seriously, they have a sci-fi villain. Totally more badical than a boring fallen angel.

And Will Smith maybe the Fresh Prince, but he seems kinda nutty. He is remaking the Karate Kid. I mean, come on, that movie is FLAWLESS.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Have any of you heard about another cult-type religion called "Life Quality Project"?
I don't know almost anything about it, only that it resembles Scientology in its structure, bleeds its members of their money and that it is being banned in several countries in Europe. I believe that it was started in Italy.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

All of their methods have been medically proven to be unsound at best, murder at worst. You just need to investigate what they did to Lisa McPherson to know that their methods of "caring" and "curing" are all total BS made to make them more powerful over vulnerable people.

Honestly, I know quite a bit about this cult, I really hope you don't start to believe that there is anything "good" about it at all.

Do you guys think that this had anything to do with the recent death of the Travolta kid?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdrewbowski
Lord Xenu is #ing awesome though. Seriously, they have a sci-fi villain. Totally more badical than a boring fallen angel.

I take great offense at that. An angel, fallen or otherwise is a far more interesting character than a space man.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Xenu vs Satan would rule. God forbid they team up....could Jesus and Tom Cruise stop them?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Xenu vs Satan would rule. God forbid they team up....could Jesus and Tom Cruise stop them?

Do not worry. I would never team up with such a flimsy scam that only works on the most egotistical and attention starved among us. They need to be smart too.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

Do not worry. I would never team up with such a flimsy scam that only works on the most egotistical and attention starved among us. They need to be smart too.

Xenu is a fake? Fo shizzle? I dunno Devil, you aren't exactly known to be honest? Why should I believe you? And aren't you scared of a lawsuit from the Church of Scientology proclaiming Xenu a fake on grounds of libel?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

And aren't you scared of a lawsuit from the Church of Scientology proclaiming Xenu a fake on grounds of libel?

That would be so cool. Imagine the crazy free publicity I could get from that. I could make Scientology implode upon itself.

Oh and yes, I do lie often.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join