It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: Obama will appreciate our job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Cheney: Obama will appreciate our job

www.presstv.ir

"Once they get here and they're faced with the same problems we deal with every day, then they will appreciate some of the things we've put in place," said Cheney in a radio show interview on Monday.

Cheney also said that the next US administration would be grateful for the expansions of executive power by him and President George W. Bush.

"We did not exceed our constitutional authority, as some have suggested," Cheney claimed.

"The President believes, I believe very deeply, in a strong executive, and I think that's essential in this day and age. And I think the Obama administration is not likely to cede that authority back to the Congress," he said.

Meanwhile, the vice-president scoffed at Obama's plan for shutting down the US detention center Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

"Guantanamo has been very, very valuable. And I think they'll discover that trying to close it is a very hard proposition," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
US Vice President Dick Cheney says President-elect Barack Obama will appreciate the Bush administration's policies when he takes office

Well apparently bush and co dont think obama is going to be able to bring the change he really wants to. This seems to be an ongoing theme as of late. The out going admin saying that the new one is going to like and even use all the presidential directives that have been put into place.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So here is the thing.

In every great civilization a time comes in which there is so much turmoil that a democratic people will elect to give Emperor status to the leader. Sometimes this can be a scheme by the leader to achieve that level of power. Other times it may happen naturally...

Either way. I believe Cheney to be under the assumption that this type of thing is good. If not, I challenge him to say what level of Executive Power is "too much" for a free society.

I'm sure that Cheney is right if the goal is to protect a nation, regardless of ethos. However our Nation is built on the ethos of "Give me Liberty or Give me Death".

To me, that means we want liberty, and nothing more. If we have to remove liberty in order to secure some other liberties, then we cease to be built on that ethos. Which is fine... we should just be honest with eachother about it.

Maybe we are just to big for Liberty?

join