It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Economy : America is in foreclosure. Eyes wide shut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just don’t get it!
Why won’t Americans Wake up?

We seriously need to awaken from our fantasy that everything is ok. The US is being foreclosed on.

The Economy will recover but not the way people think, and not anytime soon. We cannot continue to try to do business as usual.

Here is a good BBC report that came out last year Monday, 5 November 2007, Read the following, It will only get worse as Big Brother continues to respond with blinders on and the band plays on...

USA Forclosure

I was talking with a few friends in the financial sector and many are starting to really get scared and even then they who have years of experience think I'm nuts when I mention the Amero.

My argument with them is how would you get rid of the dollar?

“Devalue it to nothing then out of nowhere come up with the Amero to the rescue!”

Good bye Dollar

I'm not a fan of Saintbirgitta So I just watched up to 5:56

Be open minded and watch.

Dollar Collapse Followed By New Amero Currency 2009-2012

Meet the new boss same as the old boss. I’m sorry but this last election did nothing more than make Americans feel good. I hope I’m wrong about Obama but the truth of the matter is he is a politician and we all know what they are all about.

Central banks and President-elect Barack Obama should be careful in responding to the global economic slump,

Policy-makers expressed confidence in tackling the current difficulties. They said the prospects of China's economy remain positive and will not be reversed by the current global financial crisis.

We should really focus on what’s going on in the world!

Finally as we in the States fight and argue over who to blame the rest of the world are doing what they can to not only help their own people but also moving in a direction of global prominence!

How do Empires fall?

Asian leaders in historic meeting

[edit on 17-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Star and flag
It is amazing how the people who thought I was nuts 6 months ago are now realizing that there might actually be a problem now.All I said for them to do was watch the news and remember that the news lies alot which they agreed.If they tell us that then I can imagine how bad it really is.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i think this is a bunch of bologna aka baloney!!! doom and gloom and i'm sick of it! people have been saying this for years and i have fallen for it on more than one occasion. if it happens it happens. unless you are gonna come up with some sort of solution, go save every last penny and seal yourself off in a bunker with a ton of twinkies and bottled water! in the mean time let me let you in on a little secret....life goes on and hope springs eternal. i'm sick of people giving up and crying about the end of the world. to all the chicken littles out there, go drink some kool aid and take a nap! oops i did not mean that literally please don't go kill yourself and then blame it on me.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by conspiracy nut]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not quite foreclosure yet, but things are bad.

read this and then read this to get a more real, less alarmist aspect of the situation.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i think this is a bunch of bologna aka baloney!!! doom and gloom and i'm sick of it!

I'm sick of sheople who walk around with their heads in the sand.

My father once told me there are 3 types of people in the world.

1. People who make things happen [5%]

2. People who watch things happen [10%]

3. Sheople who say What happened? [85%]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Well if you have experts who called it ahead of time using their education and logic then I think you are the one who is living in a dream.
As for the bunker idea...its there and ready for me.How bout you?
I would rather have a smoke detector instead of being the guy without one who took 10 sleeping pills b4 bed.
I have fallen for things a few times myself and if anything it gives you a better mind to access things properly using logic and not emotion as your post did.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i got 2 words for you...

CHICKEN LITTLE.

i for one am not going to live my life being a delusional, paranoid, pessimistic person that goes around claiming the world is going to end.

someone told me 10 years ago that by now all the high rises in chicago would be empty and we would be living a mad max like existence.
i'm sure some of you would love that scenario so you could laugh at me and say i told you so. well i don't think that is going to happen anytime soon, but i wont completely rule it out. in the mean time don't live your life in fear or spreading fear or and always remember....

we all gotta go sometime holmes.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

i got 2 words for you...

CHICKEN LITTLE.

i for one am not going to live my life being a delusional, paranoid, pessimistic person that goes around claiming the world is going to end.

someone told me 10 years ago that by now all the high rises in chicago would be empty and we would be living a mad max like existence.

If your saying that America not being top dog anymore is the end of the world then your right.

I never said the world would end just looking at what is happening and seeing the America I love being torn apart by greed and mismanagement.

While the rest of the world moves ahead.

hmmm. chicken little?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

first off i would like to apologize i did not mean to troll or hijack your thread, i was just posting my opinion and might have come off rather rudely.

second chicken little is a fable about a chicken named chicken little that went around saying the sky is falling the sky is falling...

from wikipedia...There are many versions of the story, but the basic premise is that a chicken eats lunch one day, and believes the sky is falling down because an acorn falls on her head. She decides to tell the King, and on her journey meets other animals who join her in the quest. In most retellings, the animals all have rhyming names such as Henny Penny, Cocky Lockey and Goosey Loosey. Finally, they come across Foxy Loxy, a fox who offers the chicken and her friends his help.

After this point, there are many endings. In the most famous one, Foxy Loxy eats the chicken's friends, but the last one, usually Cocky Lockey, survives long enough to warn the chicken and she escapes. Other endings include Foxy eating them all; the characters being saved by a squirrel or an owl and getting to speak to the King; the characters being saved by the King's hunting dogs; even one version in which the sky actually falls and kills Foxy Loxy.

Depending on the version, the moral changes. In the "happy ending" version, the moral is not to be a "Chicken", but to have courage. In other versions the moral is usually interpreted to mean "do not believe everything you are told". In the latter case, it could well be a cautionary political tale: The Chicken jumps to a conclusion and whips the populace into mass hysteria, which the unscrupulous fox uses to manipulate them for his own benefit, some times as supper.

in conclusion, it may well be my patriotism and indoctrination lol, but i believe that if the global economy tumbles...America will still have more that the rest of the world in other words we will still be the top dog. we might be a beaten down old dog but we will still be stronger and healthier than all the other dogs. this is all just my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

first off i would like to apologize i did not mean to troll or hijack your thread, i was just posting my opinion and might have come off rather rudely.

in conclusion, it may well be my patriotism and indoctrination lol, but i believe that if the global economy tumbles...America will still have more that the rest of the world in other words we will still be the top dog. we might be a beaten down old dog but we will still be stronger and healthier than all the other dogs. this is all just my humble opinion.

yeah I know about chicken little.

No apology needed this is a debate and one of the few ways to get the message out.

As far as America being top dog well...

We were and may still be for a little while longer but at the rate and direction we are headed and with the information I have posted on 3 threads of various angles you can painfully see it is like the other fable about the Elephant in the living room.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I actually think we're getting somewhere with everyone speaking their veiws. The majority of Americans now think we are heading towards a depression. That's a big step IMO, considering that MSM still refuses to use the word. We just need to bump one notch at a time.

In truth, nobody knows exactly what will happen over the next couple of years. When I say that I mean, continued deflation, runaway inflation, complete collapse. There's a lot of possibilities and I'm now thinking it's too early to call for Global Armegeddon or anything similar. It's a bloody horrible situation, but it doesn't neccessarily equate to a NWO Amero, NAU type of thing. This is still just speculation.

It's true that it doesn't help anyone to go nuts over this. I was there too, not so long ago. It doesn't help yourself and certainly won't convince anyone else. The best approach to change peoples minds is hard evidence and a calm, rational manner.

Start printing out documents to back up your claims. Keep them in your car, bring them to work, whatever. Provide links and sources. Your voice will be heard clearer, and we may actually have a shot at having a say in all of this. Whether that may come to a revolution or actual diplomacy we'll have to just play it out.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I actually think we're getting somewhere with everyone speaking their veiws. The majority of Americans now think we are heading towards a depression. That's a big step IMO, considering that MSM still refuses to use the word. We just need to bump one notch at a time.

Start printing out documents to back up your claims. Keep them in your car, bring them to work, whatever. Provide links and sources. Your voice will be heard clearer, and we may actually have a shot at having a say in all of this. Whether that may come to a revolution or actual diplomacy we'll have to just play it out.

Well lets start with the basics here is as good of place as any. Lets start back in May and then move them forward to the present
Linky here

The debasement of the economic indicators by our federal government is finally getting some attention from the public media . All of the indicators, including the money supply, the unemployment statistics and inflation are being “doctored” to make things appear better than they are.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Someone on the radio said it succinctly.

"Our national debt is 10 Trillion dollars, which is equal in value to all the possessions held by private citizens and the government."

top topics

join