It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, tell me if this is happening to you!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My house has been strange as well. My daughter has been having night terrors and waking up screaming. She is also been sitting up still asleep with her eyes open. My wife has had sleep paralisys for the first time last week. She also mentioned she saw something watching her out of the corner of her eye while on the computer late at night. Last night I thought I heard my son screaming just before I went into REM sleep and ran to the door and there was nothing. My son has also had nightmares lately. My children are scared silly of being alone in their rooms at night so we moved them to our room and they are still having bad dreams.

Not sure what the deal is but its getting strange around our house lately. This all has just started in the last month. Also my dog has been acting extra shivery....he barks at nothing and sometimes just shivers in his bed looking all scared.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Patmcc88

As I was reading through the posts, that's exactly what I was thinking may be going on.

Your physical bodies, including your brain may be tired but your mind may be ready to play. Many people claim, and I can attest to it, that right before a person goes out of body, strange noises occur. From my own expierence it is like metal grinding against metal and it's just way too tight to unwedge. And it can be very loud. I don't know how old any of you are but the older you get, the harder it becomes to go out of body.

And what is up with people assuming it is something bad and encouraging others to open a bible to ward it off? I'm a big time believer in God/Jesus/Spirit and I promise you God is not going to let nothing bad happen to you. No one knows for sure what is going on, so how do we not know that it is God himself working through Spirit trying to get one to wake up and be cognizant of his reality.

Why should anyone shut the door of possibility just because something can't be explained? Let's just wrap up the problem all neat and tidy with a medical explanation and then stamp it with the seal of approval: "Scientifically explained!" No.Lol You need to think bigger.

For those who can, keep an open mind and remember that the greatest things God has done, has been done under the cover of darkness. Don't believe me? Check into it.

I think embracing the possibilities is the better choice. If fear itself is a component, well just remember that fear of God is the beginning of knowledge itself - and the process has to start somewhere, at sometime and for some reason.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A lot of the ttime when people are really tired after a long day or a heavy weekend something similar happens. The brain for some reason when really tired loses (needs/wants more?) oxygen, a reflex action to this is yawning but when falling to sleep a person can experience a loud 'zing' or something akin to an electric bolt shouting through one ear and out the other, not stopping to go round the brain(!).

A friend of mine also describes this as someone whacking a golf club (he favours a 2 iron) on the concrete garage floor you are sleeping on just near your head.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar So something happens to you and you automatically believe its the same for everyone.. wow go outside.

Are you serious? You didn't read the thread title? Wow, I won't just ignore you yet because you may have not had your coffee or breakfast or lobotomy yet so if you want to actually contribute something I'm all ears.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arc de triumphe

Thank you, I am really trying to get an idea of how many people this is happening to. The fact that this has become a more recent thing with you and yours is a bit alarming.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
starting last year every once in awhile i get jolted awake as well... right when i am about to fall asleep BAM awake!

but i dont lift in the air or do anything crazy or hear anything.... i think u are just paranoid on those area's

I am 6' tall and weigh 180lbs and I beleive I am pretty healthy. only 22 years old

I would think its pretty normal because all of my friends experience similar #. AND NO ONE FLOATS INTO THE AIR

its perfectly normal and a majority of people feel it... no creatures are in the woods and u dont lift into the air...

I do beleive in haunted houses for the other people talking about noises in the bathroom and whatnot but that is unrelated.

jolting awake is a perfectly normal thing that is not tied to anything paranormal. ask your doctor not all the crazies on ATS who think they talk to ghosts!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by sciencenewby]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by robotically
reply to post by arc de triumphe

Thank you, I am really trying to get an idea of how many people this is happening to. The fact that this has become a more recent thing with you and yours is a bit alarming.

Ok, i talked to a long time very close friend of mine and told him about this thread. I asked him if he's been having any issues with sleeping. He said, "Interesting you should ask that!?" I ask him to go on.

He said that last week sometime, just before he went to bed, like minutes before shutting off the TV, he noticed something in his peripheral vision. Here's the convo...

FRIEND: "yea, I was sitting there and noticed a 'person like image move across the room in my peripheral vision. It looked very similar to the Predator in the movie "Predator" (the first version) where it is camouflaging itself against the jungle. It was translucent but, I did see it. When I look in the direction, everything was normal.

I told him of the account of my wife who saw a black image out of the corner of her eye and thinking it was me walking from her sewing room to the living room; as well as, the black shadow standing in our bedroom doorway and felt in her spirit it had an malicious intent about 2 months ago. I took authority over it and haven't had an any issues since; however, I'm not going to let my guard down.

I'm currently talking to a Moderator to an open an official thread of ATS members on this exact subject. To me, it seems to be escalating over the last year. It's hard to determine if it was demonic , angelic, gov or 'other'.

U2U me if you need assistance for helping in dealing with this.

Regards...and in my prayers.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sounds like everyone has equally valid points & good reasoning and probably we each have our own take on experiences.

So what do we do?
First off, decide is it an internal thing. You have a pet which isn't really behaving much different, but you yourself might be thinking so now.

Booze can help sleep until the early hours, but it can start affecting the body in adverse ways-dehydration, many will wake earlier than if they slept naturally & healthily.
Exercise is important if you know you need it - can be really hard (esp in winter) but just motivate yourself to do it. You feel better for it, most will agree with that.
Valarium, passiflora, and possibly St.Johns Wort I would consider before 'over the counter' sleep aids (this after exercise). They are essentially non addictive, and have natural chemical formulae.
Meditation isn't a must but it can be amazingly useful.

If we are dealling with something external - I certainly do believe that this is possible. I would guess that it would be extremely rare for an entity/soul to be harmful and probably very,very,very rare for evil.
As I said animals (and children) are usually open and sensitive to the ether compared to most grown ups (roughly age 10 and up with people). I had no end of nightmares, night terrors etc as a kid whilst the rest of the house slept sound. We all go through that kind of thing. Doesn't hurt to ask for assistance from guides etc, and to spring clean the atmosphere with a smudgestick.
Also the Jolts when waking suddenly, yep thats that we do from time to time. When we climb back in the 'vehicle' sometimes we do so in a less smooth way.
Sometimes when we are ill, we need sleep physically and mentally, and waking suddenly can be very draining. The whole resting thing, for me anyway, goes out the window. I'm either awake and struggling through the day conserving my energy - or I'm asleep, 10-12 hours if poss. it makes no odds to me, if I need it I will sleep. When I'm fit, I have times where physically OR mentally I can't reallt shut off, this is when the meditation/exercise balance can be tweaked.
Our energies do change from time to time.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am so relieved to find this post.

This has been happening to me as well. I thought it was some form of light insomnia, or something like that.

The shocks did scare me at first, but my friend said it might just be an overflow of energy.

Either way, I'm always waking up at around 4 AM, and I am someone who used to sleep until 11 AM, easily.

Not even with sleeping pills can I get a decent time of sleep.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sciencenewby

Come on man, nobody said float, I said one side of me like somebody was trying to push me over. Something just occurred to me, this bed was owned by an old lady my mother took care of and she died, not on it tho. It is a really really expensive bedroom set. Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you, I appreciate it. This is starting to really interest me now. Time to do a bit more research.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by robotically

Congratulations on your first mind out of body experience!!!! Now if you can just relax when it happens and re-enter slowly and naturally the "shock" you felt will not be so strong ....more like a static electrical poke...Have fun "out there" DIRT

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sleep deprivation can lead to such charming physiolocical effects like derealization,psychosis-like symtoms including paranoia, and hallucinations.Sinse I`m a life-long insomniac,I can proudly say that I experience derealization at a regular basis(the best description would be the state of "knurd",as Therry Pratchett put it
. But in February I had the bad luck of experiencing hallucinations.At that time I was a patient at a sleep research center,and because of several month of extreme stress I hadn`t slept more than 4 hours in the previous 72 hours.Anyway,those nice people there decided that I should spend 2 nights in a sleep laboratory, where they could monitor your brainwaves and such through sensors fixed with straps and special glue.while I was laying there in the dark waiting to fall asleep,suddenly I heard loud music and the voices of two male teenagers coming from behind the wall.Since it was around half past twelve at night,I called for the supervising nurse and asked her to take care of the matter.Unfortunatly,there was no room behind that wall! At least,that was what she told me and of course I didn`t believe her,hearing those voices and that horrible music loud and clear.I then spend another two miserable hours trying to fall asleep while those two boys played the same stupid song again and again and again.Finally,I ended the whole thing for that night and went back to my hospital room.The first thing I heard after I had turned of the light was the Rammstein-like music coming from the room below!Of course,the night nurse wasn`t able to hear that music.That was the moment I realised that I was hallucinating.Well,in the end I made the best of the situation and started to write the song lyrics down.After an hour, I had about four pages of lyrics and then the music suddenly stopped.But these sounds were as real to me as the conversations I had that night,I can still remember the melody of that song coming from the wall.Actually,it was a very interesting experiment,but despite my best efforts,I`ve been unable to repeat it.Staying awake for 72 hours is a lot harder then you would think.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hello all, 3am here, havin trouble sleeping. No news there. So anybody want to talk ? lol

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hello all, 3am here, havin trouble sleeping. No news there. So anybody want to talk ? lol

Alright, I'm going to go off the deep end and make a few suggestion you may or may not have tried yet. Main point is you need to get at least a "decent" nights sleep. Dunno how long it has been since you had sleep.

List of things to try (and it could take a combination of em):

Turn off all electricity in your house / apartment before you go to bed. (via circuit breaker)

This is what I use when I feel a cold coming on and it takes care of the flu. It knocks me out so it may help with getting that extra hour or two of sleep. Get a glass shot glass and fill it with Tequila. Place that on a small saucer plate. Only in the saucer plate, pour a small amount of 150 proof or higher alcohol (you will not be drinking this only burning it) just enough to put a small layer evenly across saucer plate. Cut 1 lime and 1 lemon wedge. Squeeze out some juice from both wedges into the tequila then place the wedges themselves in the shot glass (you may need a bigger shot glass for this). ****Get a fire extinguisher just in case this next part goes bad.***** light the 150 proof or higher alcohol in the saucer plate and let it burn out completely. This heats up the tequila / lemon / lime mix and changes chemically. Drink the tequila / lemon / lime shot. It will be warm and will probably hit you faster than it normally would. This alone knocks me out for the count.

Take a Hot Toddy before going to bed.

Try re-positioning your bed. Depending on where you face (ie North, South, East, West) this will change how your body interacts with the earth's magnetic field. Hopefully you can change the direction your bed faces positioning your body in a different direction.

I do not know how old you are. This next suggestion is rated R. MODS, if this be inappropriate then delete this suggestion. Stimulate yourself

You have to change your mental attitude and thinking regarding your current sleep habit. Go to bed knowing without a shadow of a doubt that you will get the best night's sleep you have ever had. The power of the mind is larger than any of us realize.

Just a few "next level" suggestions before you go see a doctor and they stuff you full of sleeping pills which kill your body faster than the temporary low intake alcohol would.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by robotically

Everyone I know is having trouble sleeping. Seriously. Of course, there is a LOT to worry about these days.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OK this is getting old....

My wife had the same thing happen last night. She said she felt something on top of her this time. We have been married for 10 years and she has this paralysis 2 times in a week or so and never before this month. I am worried if I go to sleep I won’t be able to get her out of this strange occurrence. I don’t believe in demons or stuff like that but I do have to admit this is very strange.

We have been looking into conspiracies for a long time so nothing has changed other than the fact my kids have had some very bad night terrors and refuse to sleep in their room anymore. Plus my wife doesn't work in the literal sense. She homeschools our children which can be stressfull but she has been doing the same thing for years.

tired....

[edit on 19-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

So something happens to you and you automatically believe its the same for everyone.. wow go outside.

Yup.... I am the universe.... And so are you by the way!! hehehe Whatever.... Its obvious that when I post here and I know that many people will be looking at it. I try and remain the least bit credible. I have had friends with the same sleep deprevation recently. If you arent stressed about loosing your job or something hapenning... then I guess your one of those lucky people without any worries. Cause if you look outside as you say..... then you will see a lot of jobless people... So I guess I must be in a lower echelon of things for me to see it that way. But anyhow...

My entourage is stressed, I assume that others will feel the same way after loosing their 401K or life savings. So nope not only me here...

Deny ignorance please!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc de triumphe
OK this is getting old....

My wife had the same thing happen last night. She said she felt something on top of her this time. We have been married for 10 years and she has this paralysis 2 times in a week or so and never before this month.
[edit on 19-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

This does sound like the beginnings of a true out of body experience. This happened to me and my wife. The reason why it is so scary is because you don't know what is happening. I have since read many, many books / threads here dedicated to out of body / astral projection. Even still, when it happens it is scary at first but I calm down quickly when it does happen and relax. Shortly I regain movement as my "spirit" finishes the transition back into my body.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am a spiritualist and a santero. These things are very common for us, as we are very "open" open to the spirit world. Our remedy is this" A glass bowl of water under the bed with a small mirror face up in the bowl.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join