It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, tell me if this is happening to you!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Thanks bro. Will try that. Also seeing my Doc on Fri, gonna try and get some sleep aides.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Man, this is something out'a the Twilight Zone. I'm 48 years old, and have never had problems with sleeping, or for that matter other physical manifestations. In other words, I've never been labeled or diagnosed in any way. This even though I no longer can sleep at night, and when I do catch me some zzzzzz, I'm only cat-napping and wake up by the slightest noise.

However, 4 months ago I had been working on my PC for several hours, and desided to take a timeout. As I was sitting on my couch, I swear I heard someone speaking in my bedroom. I've lived on the 4.th floor for 5 going on 6 years. Long enough to know that hearing people talking while passing by in the street below just isen't possible. Anyway I went to check it out.

As I stod by my window in the bedroom, (which were locked) I swear someone/somebody was whispering close in my right ear. I almost s... myself, so I turned and walked/ran towards my frontdoor. Then it felt like somebody had switched my go/no-go button off. For the first time in my life, I passed out. When I came too, I didn't know who I was, where I was and what had happened, and especiallyhow long I was gone. It took some time to get back to status que, but I was scared for several weeks after that episode.

I didn't tell anybody what had transpired, and for the next few weeks, things were back to normal. Right up till 6 or 7 weeks after my first knock out. It was early morning about seven am, and I was watching the morning news. Suddenly out'a nowhere, I heard someone speaking again. However these voices seemed to get louder, and getting closer towards my living room. Last thing I remember, was standing up, and from there things turned black. Pretty much the same thing happened again.

I called 911 and were taken to the hospital, where they kept me for several days, and off course had to go through a batteri of check-ups. Well according to the doctors, I don't have any signs of epilepsy, and was in fact given two thumbs up regarding my psycological and physiological state of health.

Regarding the voices...... I never were able to understand or hear what they were taking about. Believe me, If I never hear them again, it would be too soon.

Peace

PS: No it wasn't any of my neighbors either.....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I ALWAYS jolt the moment i fall asleep. Most of the time i don't realize and keep sleeping, otherwise it's so bad that i wake up. But my boyfriend tells me i always do it, that's how he knows I'm falling asleep.

Here, I looked some more and apparently it's something very normal and it happens to everybody:hypnic jerks

Seems like you're under some stress in your life and that's why you can't sleep. Maybe an exam or so approaching?

Try going for a walk before bed, drink some red wine, works for me.

Also if you get scared at night and have nightmares, get a pet in your room, so you don't feel alone anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
ive experienced the same "jolt" while trying to go to sleep. I am suddenly alert and always have an odd feeling that im not alone in the room (for a split second). Its a strange feeling really.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

I've had similar experiences. For about 3 months straight, prior to the beginning of December, I couldn't get a decent night's sleep for more than 2 or 3 nights a week. The weird thing about it is that I always knew when I'd have a tough time sleeping on any given night. My bed is situated against a wall and I always fall asleep facing the wall to the east of my bed. Moreover, on the nights I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, I'd fall into a conscious dream-like state. I guess it could be best described as sleep paralysis accompanied by a strange, loud and sometimes scary humming/buzzing in my head with random "hallucinations or "images" that I see against my wall. The images are really bizarre. I see: other people going about their daily business, random letters, numbers and locations, abstract art, etc. But while this is happening I had the overwhelming feeling that someone or something is in my room. It freaked me out every time!
Consequently (or maybe not?) I'd snap out of it drenched in sweat from the intensity of the whole ordeal. If I tried to go back to sleep within the hour or two after a bizarre episode, it would happen again and again!?

I think it's interesting to note that this all started after I felt as if, one morning, I encountered an "entity" for lack of a better word. I don't believe I was visited by "aliens" or abducted. I was fully conscious when "it" was in my presence yet unable to move or focus in on whatever was next to my bed. While everything in my room appeared crystal clear and crisp, this "thing" appeared blurred every time I tried to see it. I don't want to sound crazy or go into too much detail. I've seen how people get ripped around here for disclosing such information but I strongly believe that that occurrence and the subsequent events weren't coincidental.

Anyhow, these sleep paralysis-type episodes got to a point where I had to get some sleeping meds from my doctor. I sleep like a dead guy now lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
sounds to me like the start of an oobe, if you read up on it people who purposly try & have an oobe have similar sensations, eg jolts, noises, been lifted etc.

I think its perfectly normal and theres no 'outside' influence

maybe it would help to relax an hour or two before going to bed maybe a hot bath or something

hope this helps

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
animals & pets are 'open' to any spirit around. so they are a good guide.
personally I'd be worried if your dog would be calm one minute, then be looking up (perhaps head height on a person) and then freaking out. perhaps watching something.

I can relate to what you are saying. I've always been quite sensitive to things. I haven't seen anything that I recall (only in my peripheral vision, the reason for which I explained). I remember as a kid a tin building where summer fayres,jumble sales, white elephant stalls,etc used to be held. I can still vaguely remember something making me want to leave pretty fast.Still gives me goosebumps if I think about it now.
I'm still sensitive now.Occasionally I will be at the door of a house or building and I know something isn't right, I don't want to enter. I experienced this in a tower of a castle several years ago for example-there were 3 of us and without saying anything we all acted the same way and ran like linford christie.
I have a relative now who's house I've stayed at on my own. I get freaked out by something. Theres been electrical problems while I'm there but not when other people are there. Lights trip out, whole circuit will blow usually lights in the evening (just when you don't need it), but I do as I told you. A Smudgestick (mostly Sage) is a good thing to carry around, and it's cheap.
don't worry too much - theres always things you can do.
If you do have something - without doubt - contact a local spiritualist church or something similar. many people will help out for free or just the cost of petrol to get there.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by matsplat

Stay off the sleeping aids they can lead to bigger problems. Learn about directing the electromagnetic energy within yourself & command that it create a magnetic shield of protection around you, your dog & even your house.
This would work even if it was a deliberate interference of your sleep if you were chosen to be experimented on.
The more you do it, & with acknowledging the results, the better & stronger the results become,
I am not religious but the advice of `According to your faith it is done unto you' has been around for yonks. A little faith (belief) a little success etc. Dont forget find it easy to believe in negatives also.
Think about it. Religion has screwed up a lot of good advice.

If you think its possible that you have some entity tell it hello & say 'I see your good & you see mine Now go to your perfect place so I can sleep.'

Dont forget also to remove as many electrical devices from your room as they can create agitations. (especially phones) Try placing your alarm in the hall set to a time so you cant lie thinking about getting & risk nodding off again. Its not a good habit anyway & clock emit a radiation.
All the best. JK

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have to recommend yoga and/or meditation to all of us who are having sleep problems. It would seem that for various reasons too numerous to count we are all under increased stress these days. This increased stress load can and will interfere with the natural sleep cycle. There are many different simple exercises both mental and physical that can be done easily by anyone that will quickly allow the mind to be at peace and rest.

give it a try I know it helps

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
[replying to the OP]

What you've experienced sounds like a normalish part of going to sleep; there are often sights, sounds and strange feelings experienced while going through hypnagogia; feelings or sights of demons, spirits, etc. are especially common in sleep paralysis. If you're having trouble getting to sleep, your hypnagogic phase will be prolonged, and you'll be more likely to remember it.

The behaviour of the Rottweiler is odd, but by itself it means little, and since the other things you noted are quite normal, I don't think there's anything of signifiance here.

Many people post their experiences of hypnagogia, lucid dreaming, dreaming, sleep paralysis and other related topics over at dreamviews.com. You may wish to read it - it's interesting stuff, at the very least.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do you workout on a daily basis? Working out has more benefits besides burning fat / building muscle. Working out regularly also releases certain chemicals our bodies produce. One of these chemicals regulate many aspects about our body including sleep. This chemical Serotonin is produced and released when our bodies go through certain behavior. Working out is a vital stimulant for our bodies to produce more serotonin. This chemical also "helps" combat any depression.

Obviously you are down about lack of sleep. But overall are you depressed?

If you do not work out regularly and you consider yourself depressed in general, then you may want to start working out. Walk everyday. 15 minute warm up - 30 minutes of brisk walking (gotta get the heart rate up there) - followed by 15 minute cool down. The warm up and cool down are extremely important to follow through as it gradually ramps up and ramps down your heart rate. This takes an acclamation period before you begin to see and feel the benefits, which is different for everybody.

I am all for alternative medicines over pharm medicines. An aid to help calm your body is Valerian Root. This is just one of many herbs you may want to research for yourself before you decide to start popping herbs and pills. The Valerian root acts as a mild sedative. This could help along with working out.

[edited spelling]

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Amaxium]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well I attempted to sleep a bit more, I slept under the covers lol. In retrospect it seemed like a great idea but I was feeling things being pushed onto my little tent i made under the sheets. Like a pressure even on my pillow?! Or a feeling that somebody was sitting or laying on the bed ith me and it was just me, that I could see. Anyway, I woke up in extreme pain like I never had and then I remember back I woke up once and it felt like something was pulling my arms and legs, wtf, do I have a tumor? I ran down to the living room after building a bit of courage. Thanks all for your help, looks like its time for the sage/Bible and celtic sea salt. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Kidflash had a very good point about sleep apnea. My father in law dealt with the kind of issue you are noting (as well as other sleep problems) for several years before we convinced him to get treatment. Now he is much better.

My youngest son also has some minor sleep apnea issues and we are having him treated at this time. Just finished a sleep study and it came out better than his initial one.

Anyway, food for thought from the medical/scientific side.

On the spiritual side of things, I have kept an open Bible in all bedrooms of our house for years.

With regards to the noise/movement you heard outside, possibly a deer wandering around at night...they are quite nocturnal.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The 'hypnic jerk' is very common, in fact, the majority of people I know experience this at least once per night.

The strange thing is that hypnic jerks have become much more common in recent times. This is probably due to the additional stresses we have to face year in year out. Hmm... what could be the cause of all these additional stresses I wonder?

I smell a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by robotically

A couple shots of Jack Daniels about 1/2 hr before bed makes it so I can sleep through the night. Otherwise I wake up every hour, almost like clockwork. I can fall asleep in middle of a room full of people talking and making noise..no Problem. But sleeping in bed at night is a challenge.
I find myself waking up constantly thinking that I just heard a loud noise or a door closing...I know it is probably just part of my dreams but it is disconcerting.

A little John Daniels and I sleep like a baby. And feel great the t next day.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There have been quite a few things going on latelly in every sphere of influence. I feel that some of us are more tuned to these changes.

I have also been experiencing lack of sleep. I stand awake in bed for hours without even being able to get some decent sleep hours. I really feel something is going on. (also one of the reasons ive been comming back to ATS as of late)

I have a theory though.... Bear with me as this might be weird....

There are people within groups of people, spiritually opened to what is hapenning around them. Those specific people have direct effect on their entourage. They feel the energy that is amongst them. And I am guessing that some of them can feel something is changing or something bad is comming along.

I got that feeling myself, this morning, watching CNN show us Las Vegas (a city built in the desert) being covered with snow. Just got this very bad vibe. its no suprise... we do know for a fact that there climatic changes right? not so bad is it not? true enough.....

But also going on is the wallstreet and the bailouts, and the total greed of the rich almost getting their just derves. And ponzy schemes left and right. Or even the motor industry or credit availability.... the system we are adhering to; is slowly failing. And not only here in north america but across the world. Its based on confidence and we are all in short supplies recently. The curtain has openned, and shown us the real world. The one where barack Obama might have ties with shady people. A world where everyone claims to have a clean sheet on its documents, and where the truth is that almost no one with alot of money is really clean. To make big money you need to be crooked. No more illusions on that now.....

It is just a question of time before we all realise that there is no going back. This is not Doom and Gloom anymore but just fact.. Our world reality has changed . I think that it has a certain effect of responsability on a lot of people. Realising that life is not just about cash. Seing the whole system as a lie has that effect on self worth being re-evaluated.

So my theory is that certain people can feel the changes going on around us. I believe that sometime ago there were scientists that proved that an aura does exist and expands towards others. I am guessing that this same aura was the reason they got a plant to talk... And most likely the aura of many people having major worries effects some of us that are more atuned to what is hapenning.

Well hope this makes some sense... and hope I can sleep better soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Awesome, i used to have this problem! I did some research and thought it was sleep apnea, but i noticed the problem never occured unless i was sleeping alone. Anyway a few months later i did some completely unrelated (or so i thought) research on Out of Body experiences and sleep paralysis.

What your describing to me describes the very beginning of an out of body experience. Do you feel any buzzing vibratory sensations before you jolt back to wakefullness? The floating 3 inches above your bed (or is it above your body..) is what made me pay attention to this post. If your interested in OBEs and their possibility (they're very possible btw anybody can have them if they allow themselves to) check out some of the metaphysics section for astral projection/obes on ATS. Good luck with this, i know how annoying the feeling of not being able to get any sleep can be.

In the mean time do a search for something known as Binaural Beats, this helps with relaxing quite a bit, there's a good brainwave entrainment audio track on youtube: type Brainsync - theta wave.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I can't speak to those who offer religous suggestions to this problem, if you consider it a problem. After all, leaving a bible open in your bed room is not going to hurt you. I can recall having a few of the "electric like jolts" just prior to falling a sleep. In fact, I have had numerous "odd" nocternal experiences. I have experienced several variations of the so called "old hagg". A sense of being restrained by someone, my self experiencing fear at that moment.

Alas, I wish I could report I think I was obducted. If I was, their cover up was perfect. I just don't think I was. I also have a history (although not recently) of having grand mal seizures. The distortion of my percieved reality just prior to falling down and going boom would impress Timothy Leary. Other variations of the "old hagg", which strangely enough I don't recall as frightening, are a feeling of being pulled up, down, or sideways.

I can only speak for my self, but I came to the conclusion long ago these were neurological events. Being aware, but still in the later stanges of REM sleep, when most of these events are thought to occur, would present as physical paralysis, a percieved threat that you can't move away from that would naturally be very frightning. Prior to a seizure certain buttons in my temporal lobe are pushed that produce unimaginal terror. I would rather face a charging bull in heat then experience that. Having had two near death experiences, I know whats its like to be very afraid.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by robotically
I am finding it more and more difficult to get some decent shut eye. Recently I have been on the cusp of sleep and I am abruptly awakened by ... apparently nothing. What I mean is, well, for instance last night I was right at that point where you are just starting to have those bizarre thoughts that line the gateway to sleep and I get this shock, like an electrical bolt has passed through me and I wake up a bit startled if not out right scared.

This happened 3 times to me in one night, usually its every couple of days. Well, anyway after the second time of being jolted awake, I tried to keep my eyes closed and continue my breathing normally accompanied with my normal soft snoring. I was kinda scared so I continued like that for what seemed to be about 15 minutes. I was hearing strange noises all over but I kept up the sleeping act. Then some force literally lifted one side of me off the bed around 3 inches or so and I was kind of slammed down. To the point where I was bouncing a bit afterwords. I tried to reproduce the same thing on my own but I couldn't without getting some bouncing momentum. So that rules out muscle spasms lol.

No idea on this one guys, a bit of help/insight/discussion/relation might help a little. I've never heard about this, oh also forgot to add a detail, I don't know if it has anything to do with my new sleeping problems but here goes.

My brother was outside with the dog to make sure he went potty before bedtime, I could hear them below my window, I'm on the second floor. Well, I heard some noise from the woods, which is about 30 ft away from my window, definitely heard movement like crunching snow and an occasional branch snapping. The dog was on a leash and they hadn't entered the woods. It didnt sound like they wanted to either because my dog started flipping out in response to whatever was out there. He sounded like he was scared more that anything but tried to mask it with a big nasty show of barking and growling from his 120lb+ Rottweiler frame. This was obviously before my very peculiar sleep disturbance. Well, there you have it, I'm probably just imagining things... right?

So something happens to you and you automatically believe its the same for everyone.. wow go outside.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sounds like Hypnic or Myclonic Jerk to me. Very common, happens to me 3-4 times per month.

Myclonus

Myoclonus (pronounced /maɪˈɒklənəs/) is brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles. It describes a symptom (as opposed to medical sign) and, generally, is not a diagnosis of a disease. The myoclonic twitches or jerks are usually caused by sudden muscle contractions; they also can result from brief lapses of contraction. Contractions are called positive myoclonus; relaxations are called negative myoclonus. The most common time for people to encounter them is while falling asleep (hypnic jerk), but myoclonic jerks are also a sign of a number of neurological disorders. Hiccups are also a kind of myoclonic jerk specifically affecting the diaphragm.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join