It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, tell me if this is happening to you!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If you are still concerned-

get some sage ('smudgestick') and cleanse yourself, your place, even the hallway, entrance and around outside if you feel the need. (you need to singe it so it smokes - always put it out after as it could catch fire- treat like a candle/incense or similar)

If you've never meditated/visualised before - start now. Do so when it's light to start with, this way the dark atmosphere is least going to affect you and poss play tricks on your mind. Have your hands on your knees/legs and palms up. try not to cross your legs - i.e.so try to sit in a chair. Allow white/golden light to come down and envelop you. mentally instruct the light to protect you. ask for protection from guides and ancestors -if you don't believe it's up to you but it doesn't take long to ask mentally and try to mean it even just slightly - that way you can keep some sanity I guess if you don't at all believe. when you get good enough, shrink the light, after a while, down to a basketball size and hold in front of your solar plexus, eventually allow the solar plexus to absorb it. again program the light. (loads on the WWW about this sort of stuff)

St Johns wort (capsule or liquid is good) is supposed to be of use with night terrors, dreams and impressions of possession/visitation etc.
Passiflora (passion flower - liquid tincture extract is best) would also help.

oh and tell whatever to go and **** itself if it puts the topping on the cake for you!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
For the purpose of discussion, I take him at his word when he says, in his opening post:

Then some force literally lifted one side of me off the bed around 3 inches or so and I was kind of slammed down. To the point where I was bouncing a bit afterwords.

Given that statement, I wouldn't say he's jumping to paranormal conclusions. I think he's asking for help defining his situation based on the stated facts. And that's fair.

Can you give us more detail, robotically? Have you just moved into this house? Have other strange things happened to you or your brother or anyone else in the house? What's your gut feeling about what might be going on?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
One more thing, and again you may not go along with this.

I have had the pleasure of hearing quite a few mediums over the last several years. Starting with a healthy skepticism - I've personally had information that has blown my mind, rocked my world etc. I doubt a spirit world perhaps 1% now (healthy skepticism).
Anyway, my point is this: occasionally people are told that when they see shadows/what appears to be someone in corner of eye or peripheral vision briefly, that it is almost always someone close (a gran, an uncle, a best friend).
Perhaps go see a medium and don't lead on to this. just answer their questions politely and briefly. Sometimes people(now in spirit) are just reafirming/stating they are there for us. I have had this and I was told that it was this I was experiencing. I also used to get several 'knocks' that seemed to come from the ceiling area (plasterboard with the loft above) - I put this down to how #ty I was treating people quite often and I was getting 'reminders' to sort it out. Sounds crazy eh. The pipes make different noises to what I would hear, and temperature changes couldn't have caused the knocks I assertained.

Yes it could be all these things people have suggested in their posts. Sometimes we drift out of consciousness slightly when we are ill or have a virus for exapmple.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
then you know the feeling, yea.... not the best one. Im a light sleeper so it bugs the hell out of me...

Ever get the feeling someone or something is in the room, no like a chill, but a gut feeling in your head?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I absolutely am amazed at the response on this topic, you all have been so helpful, please continue. I am a bit tired as I didnt get much sleep last night, I will try some of the meditation techniques. I will post again tonight if I awaken I hope someone is up, to talk to. Its quite early so there is a good chance I'll just have a cat nap. Something is really starting to freak me out tho, When I was composing this topic and responding to you guys, my dog was on my bed. This a bit unsettling, he was silently crying... I thought he had to go out so I asked him "Guiness, do you have to go potty? Do you have to go outside?" He merely looked at me. His eyes a bit sleepish. He continued like that for a good 20 minutes or so, I frequently turned to look over my shoulder, making sure he was ok. He is not sick, as we left my room he became lively and back to his old self.

Answer me honestly, could there be an entity in my presence?

Also I have been awakened by hearing myself talking to someone or something. This is quite disturbing.

Oh and Katt, when I told my brother about my sleep issues his reply was, "Did you hear Guiness freaking out last night?" You know what my response was hun.

Something about this magnetic fluctuation in the Earth is behind these odd happenings. I have no idea what ancient evils are directly tied to any of it, but I feel like we are living on a giant ball of yarn and it is slowly unraveling. The more it unravels the more it releases and uncovers. That is the only analogy I can equate this to.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by robotically]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have some trouble sleeping lately too.

but in my case it's probably because I bought a PS3.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello do you have any stress or upheavel going on in your life just it sounds like panic attack i used to experience these when i was younger like a huge jolt going off in your head and it makes you jump clear out of bed sometimes some times with a feeling of fear or thinking some one else is in the room can be pretty scary main thing is to identify this as a cause and find the root of your stress and deal with it also do you use "soft drugs" cannabis or such like if you do stop!! this is a major contributer to stress related problems like this.

peace

Just some anxiety symptoms,
Sleep

* Difficulty falling or staying asleep
* Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
* Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
* Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
* Jolting awake
* Waking up in a panic attack
* You feel worse in the mornings

Sight

* Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
* Dry, watery or itchy eyes
* Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn?t there, stars, flashes
* Eyes sensitive to light
* Spots in the vision
* Flashing lights when eyes are closed
* Your depth perception feels wrong

[edit on 17-12-2008 by XxthehoffxX]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxthehoffxX

Thanks man, that has added some insight. Although there is no stress and Ive never had what I could readily define as a "panic attack". But it could be something manifesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by robotically

Ever hear voices while you sleep... kind of wispers when you sleep???

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I've had this happen several times in the past month. Where it feels like there's an intense buzzing vibrational feeling, and then you wake up. I personally think it's the spirit reconnecting with the physical body, right on the brink of an out-of-body experience.

The reason I say this is that 5 years ago I had an out-of-body experience. When I came back into my body it felt like a jolt of electricity surged through me, as if I had thrown an elevator lever. It was the same kind of buzzing sound.

I believe every night that the spirit leaves the body to recharge, but that pretty much all of the time you never actually are conscious when it does so. When you wake up suddenly, it could be the spirit zapping back into the body, and you could be catching the tail end of it.

Might seem a bit far out there, but I think it might be what's happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Im back from the sleep, I am very sad I was jolted awake a few times but finally able to fall asleep. Then, woke up several times due to mini nightmares. I am pretty distraught right now. On the verge of tears because of whatever it was I saw in my dreams.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you might have some underlaying anxiety problems
Goolge "GAD" General anxiety disorder

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All this could be connected to the magnetic field bumping around, and I wonder if the underlying edge we all perceive as society is going thru so many changes isn't affecting us all;

Several of my inner circle, including myself, are having difficulties sleeping over the last several months;

with me, I can be so sleepy I can't hold my eyes open and lie down and then I am instantly awake, can't just lie there, have to get up and be doing something.

Robotically, just curious, but what is your blood type? any history of thyroid problems in your family?

Also, as some one said earlier, do get some desert sage and smudge it in your room before your sleep; not only does it have a pleasant aroma, but leaves the room smelling fresh; my native relatives consider it big medicine and good protection.

and it does seem to help me to calm down and then sleep when this happens.

seeker

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I haven't had a proper nights sleep now for about three years. I can honestly say that I see every hour pass during the night and by the time I've dropped off it's time to get up. Friends say it's because I've got a lot on my mind and have difficulty switching off, but who doesn't have worries of one sort or another?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxthehoffxX
Just some anxiety symptoms,
Sleep

* Difficulty falling or staying asleep
* Frequent bad, bizarre, or crazy dreams
* Hearing sounds in your head that jolt you awake
* Insomnia, or waking up ill in the middle of the night
* Jolting awake
* Waking up in a panic attack
* You feel worse in the mornings

Sight

* Distorted, foggy, or blurred vision
* Dry, watery or itchy eyes
* Eye tricks, seeing things our of the corner of your eye that isn?t there, stars, flashes
* Eyes sensitive to light
* Spots in the vision
* Flashing lights when eyes are closed
* Your depth perception feels wrong

[edit on 17-12-2008 by XxthehoffxX]

Wow, this one right here just about explains away my issues...I have Social Anxiety Disorder & OCD. Just this past week I had a blind spot in my peripheral vision for about 15min. followed by a nasty migrane that put me down for the rest of the day. Mystery solved. Well, at least for me anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

Not sure if this'll belong here or not. But most every night, soon as I get into bed an shut the light off something'll jump up onto the bed. I have no pets, never had. And I'm not even asleep yet. It'll start right from the foot of the bed and walk up towards my head. Whatever it is, I don't get any bad feelings from this. When I move, it'll run an jump off the bed. What ever it is, I can hear it hit the floor. When I lay still, it'll jump back onto the bed an walk back towards my head.
Now there's a second one. I'm not gonna go into a lot of detail, cause personally I'm afraid of it coming back, though it's been about eight years since the last time I felt it. But the second throws off such bad vibes? that it scares the (blank) outta me.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Chance321]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maybe you are just under a lot of stress. Plenty of people are under stress because of the economy, Christmas, etc. Some sources of stress are avoidable, many others are not. Perhaps you should avoid the avoidable stress and learn to manage the unavoidable stress.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Whatever it is, I can honestly tell you that it is evil as in EVIL!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. I had to write this because it really struck a chord with me. It's happened to me four times over the last six months or so. Just nodding off and WHAM something yellow and electrifying hits me in the base of my brain. The first time it happened I jerked and ended up bouncing up and over the foot of my bed, landing on my feet standing. It was like the largest adrenaline rush I've ever felt, followed by feelings of extreme anxiety, feeling like I needed to leave (the country), panic, and cold sweats for about 20 minutes. The anxiety lingers afterwords with me for a few days.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm convinced there are some people who NEED to take up drinking. Try a Brandy and Ginger Ale right before bed. Or, one shot of whiskey. I know you think I'm kidding but I give up caffeinated beverages about 3 hours before bed time and drink a shot of whiskey or Brandy right before. I sleep like a bear.....and, I used to have the same problem you have.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join