It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hinduism - Ask Me Any Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hello all,

Hinduism is a monotheistic religion, in fact it's very much also a philosophy.

There are too many misunderstandings of Hinduism so please ask me any questions you like and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Let me first make a few points.

1) The Caste System - This has nothing to do with hinduism whatsoever!
Despite it being practiced by hindus, it has nothing to do with hinduism.
It is not in any of our religious books, it comes from the Manu-smrti.
Caste system was a failed attempt at an organized implementation of an economic structure.

it's like that movie Gattaca, based on your last name it would be pre-decided what career path you would take. that's casteism in a nuthsell.

2) Hinduism is a monotheistic religion, one god many names, one god many shapes!

If you post a question and I take time to respond please send me a V2V as I do not come to this section of the site that often, i'm mostly in breaking alternative news.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi I'm a lurker, a first time anonymous poster.

Is the 'caste system' a failed, modern version of the 'varna' system - that is, one's inner nature ('colour'), helped prescribe the best way in life for them?

If Hinduism is monotheistic, what of all the different gods, i.e., Brahma, Hanuma, to name a few? Or are they deities?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I guess my question is with the whole reincarnation theory. Let me give a picture how I believe Hinduism believes. Which I could be total wrong.

The basic theory of Reincarnation. The soul or person die and is recreated as a human, animal or bug type thing.

So let me get the basic of your thought beliefs.

step 1 your body dies and the soul leaves to other life. Well use humans as a example.

step 2 when does it happen, the soul goes into a pregnant women, who already has a baby (who has its own mine and soul). I dont think this is right.

So this it, it must happen when she have sex (forgive the description) and is being nutted in??????? Some how this seams wrong to be.

Can you get into the actual basic of reincarnation how it happens, when it happens. The whole soul thing. Just a little carious. God bless

join