It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background colors in threads... can they be changed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How can I get the background in threads to be lighter in color ?

I noticed today while reading a thread that Val's background was lighter than the others and it was much much easier on the eyes...

see here : scroll down to Val's post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Until I saw that link, I would have said "no". Hopefully somebody will come along and answer this.

Perhaps one of the custom color settings in the store affects this. I've never bothered to experiment with them.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think people that win TWATS award get a white background.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah that would make sense. I've been called one many times, but never presented with any award. Thanks, Kinglizard, I really should have known that.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Or is it that they are ATSNN?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Winners of the TWATS award have their posts highlighted in a lighter shade so that everyone can see that this is someone you probably ought to pay attention to.

No, you can't change your own post background color.

ATSNN posts are in alternating white & grey.

Did I miss anything?

-B.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thanks guys, that explains it...

now I guess I'll have to go do my homework, come up with some really good threads and posts and earn that TWATS award myself...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks, Banshee. You are, as always, a most valuable asset.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Now thats something I would like to know how to do....

The colors are set by 2 variables bgcolor1 and bgcolor2, I think, from memory. These alternate somehow in the generation of the page....

So how did SO get a 3rd color in? he must have a new field for bgcolor3 and the setting of the TWATS also sets that Bgcolor as the thrid one.

I would like to see how he did that as it opens the possibilities for custom bg colors.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OH GOD NO PLEASE!!!!!!! Allowing members to pick custom background colors would hurt my eyes and cause great pain in my design sense. (can you imagine?)

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thats true SO, but I was just wondering on an academic level, how you managed to get the 3rd color in

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What creative minds are collected on this forum. I can see it now, canary yellow and puce!
My eyes get tired from too much time here as it is

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken but I was just wondering on an academic level, how you managed to get the 3rd color in
I'm the Overlord that's how.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
can't you build in something, that enables every member to select the background color, how only THEY will see it?

So, for example, I like white background, then I will see all posts with a white background, while someone else will have the normal gray bgcolors...

nice new store item

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
can't you build in something, that enables every member to select the background color, how only THEY will see it?

So, for example, I like white background, then I will see all posts with a white background, while someone else will have the normal gray bgcolors...

nice new store item

yes, I like this idea! I have trouble reading the text on the dark/medium grey back ground.

If it's possible to do, I'm sure it would be much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

nice new store item

An excelllent idea for the store! if this happens and becomes able to buy,I will love you all forever!
SO i will marry you if you able us to change colours

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by SkepticOvelord
OH GOD NO PLEASE!!!!!!!

Allowing members to pick custom background colors would hurt my eyes and cause great pain in my design sense.

(can you imagine?)

And then everyone would buy a yellow background for when they wanted to shout?

And it would ruin SkepticOverlord's fabulous design scheme. (And hurt his eyes)

SCARY !!!

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here's where I say that I think the grey's not bad for reading text on, however, due to peer pressure..

Bring on the neons!

.. or not.. as the case may be.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Its OK SO, I worked out how to do it myself!

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And learning from Nets great humble self i now will do a test maybe it works maybe it doesnt ill look stupid if it doesnt and i think i will look stupid now this should come out blue if God loves me

You need the final code otherwise it screws the next post... (NC)

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join