It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Twelve Days Of Christmas Movies ( Tradition )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
We've made it a tradition to watch these twelve Christmas movies starting on the 14th to the 25th. Other movies are watched when they come on like " The Santa Clause " or other cartoons, but theses are the ones we watch during the twelve days leading up to Chistmas Day. We have all these on DVD. I also have six children so the cartoon/antimated movies are a must for them. lol

December 14: It's A Wonderful Life
December 15: How The Grinch Stole Christmas ( Dr. Seuss )
December 16: Home Alone
December 17: A Christmas Carol
December 18: A Charlie Brown Christmas
December 19: Frosty The Snow Man
December 20: Rudulph The Red Nose Reindeer
December 21: How The Grinch Stole Christmas ( Ron Howard )
December 22: The Polar Express
December 23: Miracle On 34th Street ( 1947 )
December 24: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
December 25: A Christmas Story

When new movies come along this will change and vary but will still be a tradition for my family. Anyone here have their favorites they watch every year?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Add the TV movie "The House Without a Christmas Tree" with Jason Robards. It is the best Christmas movie ever made, and is great for the entire family.

www.imdb.com...

You do mean the Boris Karloff version of "Grinch"?

Also add "Elf", a surprisingly good Christmas movie with Will Ferrell and the always wonderful Bob Newhart (a real gem as Papa Elf).

www.imdb.com...

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is also one of my favorites, and "A Christmas Story" with Darren McGavin is one of the best movies out there. It works because it is a true story be Jean Shepherd, based on his life in Hammond Indiana.

Edited to add:

The best version of "A Christmas Carol" is "Scrooge" (1951) with the wonderful Alastair Sim. A marvelous actor in the timeless classic puts all the other versions to shame.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 12/17/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I haven't seen " The House Without A Christmas Tree ". I will have to get it and watch it. Thanks!

Yes, the Boris Karloff as the Narrator and directed by Chuck Jones.

Elf is so funny and yes we watch it too! It's just at 7:00 pm we sit down with popcorn/snacks and watch the one we have on our list. " A Christmas Carol" is tonight. It's nice to just sit together as a family and enjoy a movie.

I'm in the process of watching " The Christmas Shoes " for now. It's in parts online. I'll have to get that on DVD and watch it too.

Thanks kidflash2008 for sharing your favorites and for turning me on to " The House Without A Christmas Tree".

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

I am glad I can be of help. There is also a version of "A Christmas Carol" the older members of the family might enjoy: "Blackadder's Christmas Carol"

www.imdb.com...

Rowen Atkinson's darkly funny version of the famous tale with a twist. The ghosts turn a nice man into a mean man. The older members should get the humor, and if you have seen any of the Blackadder series, you would understand. Hugh Laurie was a cast member in the series before "House".

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
solarskye that is a lovely tradition,

like a mini-adventscalendar in movies!

new topics

top topics

join