It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Non-Diet Soft Drink Tax unfair to those with Aspartame allergy (PKU)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this isn't about the good health benefits of drinking diet sodas, if health was the motivation behind this, they wouldn't be taxing gym memberships along with it.

if NY is discriminating against anyone, they are discriminating against those people in the state who work, and are intent on earning their own way in life. they want their entire state to consist of little pets that are looking to them for their next bowl of food. don't ask me why, but that's the conclusion I came up with.

the people on food stamps, won't have to pay a the tax, they will be able to chose which poison they wish.....diet or regular soft drinks......it's those independant thinking workers who aren't bowing down to their welfare state that will be pressured into changing to the diet. what can I say, those independant living people are a danger to the system I guess...they need a stronger poison?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Its 1983 and there's no stopping what's next.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am definately allergic to the chemical, and only by chance by searchiing to see if "Diet Ocean Spray" has the chemical as the main ingredient did I come across this thread, which I have myself have been complaining since I heard about the "new fun tax" that I'm going to have to pay now since I live in NY. I have had the same allergic reaction that people reported in the mid 1980's since I was younger. I have always tried my best to avoid it, but after reading this thread and my recent "throat swelling" on saturday, I'm thinking now to avoid it completely. My aunt realized that asperatme is what i'm allergic too because she has the same reaction. It really is a chemical poisen, isn't it? We should start a letter of complaint.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
there are a few doctor that think that Aspartame may cause or increases the number of people with insulin resistance.
they think that because aspartame is so sweet the body put out insulin even though there is no sugar for it to work on.

and if you drink Aspartame long enough the insulin resistances becomes permanent

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join