It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumbai Attacks a Distraction from India's Moon Probe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Remember! Where the NWO are concerned, NOTHING happens by accident.

BEFORE the attacks in Mumbai last month, it was India's historic first mission to the moon that was making headlines. Chandrayaan-1 entered lunar orbit on 12 November and had begun beaming back images of the surface. Indians were transfixed, and the rest of the world duly impressed.

Just over a week later, the attacks justifiably garnered all the attention. A tiny probe 400,000 kilometres away no longer seemed important. "I wonder if it has already faded from everyone's memory," mused astronomer Subramaniam Ananthakrishnan, former director of the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics in Pune.

Source

I put forth the suggestion that the 'terrorist' attacks in Mumbai, India were false-flag and furthermore, were deliberately perpetrated at a time which would distract the world away from India's moon probe Chandrayaan-1.

Why? - Well that's open for conjecture.

I think it's a simple case of Western elites being unwilling to share the prestige that comes with successful space exploration. That the Mumbai attacks were timed to undermine India's moon exploration was probably only a secondary consideration and a 'bonus' outcome for them, but nevertheless, may have been part of the plan.

[edit on 17/12/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Do you have any evidence to support this accusation? Why no attacks in china right after their first manned flights, or when their Chang'e-1 probe entered lunar orbit? Why no attacks in Japan right after Selene entered orbit?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well if im honest it does sound fairly plausible to me but whether it is actually true or not is a whole different story altogether although it is a perfect conspiracy story i think i would atleast need to see something to turn it away from one mans idea into a horrific picture into how far "they"will go

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Why no attacks in china right after their first manned flights, or when their Chang'e-1 probe entered lunar orbit? Why no attacks in Japan right after Selene entered orbit?

Because staged terrorist attacks in Mumbai would not have been executed primarily to defer attention from the moon probe. So with China and Japan, unless there was another very good reason to stage a terror attack (in a plausible way), it wouldn't have been worthwhile.

In short, what I'm proposing is this:
- The terror attacks as a whole were staged in order to plunge India and Pakistan into war and destabilise them.
- The timing of them - as a secondary consideration - may have been set deliberately to kill a second, smaller bird with the same stone, so to speak.

Proof? No, just evidence (by looking at known facts and motivations). This is just a postulation remember. Note the question mark in the thread title. I'm interested to know others' thoughts.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can say this much: FINDING pictures from the probe has been very hard- Anyone have the site where the official pics are being posted? Google has been far less than helpful.

Kinda odd, wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ye i tried that about an hour ago on google and couldnt get any pics either i really hope their isnt a conspiracy here because then we'll know what those people really died for

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I can say this much: FINDING pictures from the probe has been very hard- Anyone have the site where the official pics are being posted? Google has been far less than helpful.

Here are some:
www.esa.int...
www.esa.int...
www.isro.org...
Personally I see no reason or evidence that "evil western powers" were behind mumbai. They've also never shown any interest in detracting from the many peaceful space missions of other nations, so why start now?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

They've also never shown any interest in detracting from the many peaceful space missions of other nations, so why start now?

I just think of the initial USA Vs Russia 'space race'. It was clearly extremely important to both sides to win that race, which leads me to believe that space exploration is still a coveted, exclusive capability. PR plays a big part and I surmise that Western powers would prefer not to share the cosmos with 'third world' nations.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
It was clearly extremely important to both sides to win that race, which leads me to believe that space exploration is still a coveted, exclusive capability.

Foreign Space Agencies, to name a few:
BRAZIL: INPE - Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (National Institute for Space Research, Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology)
CANADA: CSA - Canadian Space Agency
FRANCE: CNES - Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales
GERMANY: DLR - Deutsche Forschungsanstalt f?t -und Raumfahrt (German Aerospace Research Establishment)
GREAT BRITAIN: BNSC - British National Space Centre
INDIA: ISRO
ITALY: ASI - Italian Space Agency
JAPAN: JAXA
NETHERLANDS: SRON - Space Research Organization Netherlands
NORWAY: NSC - Norwegian Space Center (Andxya Rocket Range)
RUSSIA: Russian Academy of Sciences - Space Research Institute
SWEDEN: IRF - Swedish Institute of Space Physics
EUROPE: ESA - European Space Agency
UNITED NATIONS: UNOOS - United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs

Sorry, it's not really that exclusive anymore. I can't see any reason they'd have a problem with India joining in the fun. The only country we might enter a space race with in the future is China, we only competed with the Soviets because they were an enemy. India has had good relations with the US in recent years, far better than with China.

jra

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well this doesn't make any sense to me. In what way did the attack in Mumbai distract people from India's Lunar probe? The attack in Mumbai has come and gone and India's probe will continue to operate for at least 2 years. The attack hasn't affected it at all in any way shape or form.

So I'd have to say, No, the attack in Mumbai is not a distraction from India's Lunar probe.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by jra]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think it's a simple case of Western elites being unwilling to share the prestige that comes with successful space exploration.
[edit on 17/12/2008 by Cythraul]

But there is more Western instrumentation on Chandrayaan than Indian. Who exactly would benefit here?

The scientific payload has a total mass of 90 kg and contains five Indian instruments and six foreign instruments.

en.wikipedia.org...-Indian

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hey, it was just food for thought.

I always like to brainstorm and discuss each and every facet of world news so as to not let any NWO misdemeanours slip through the net. We must be vigilant, and try to create enjoyable discussions along the way. Thanks for the replies everyone. Interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Why no attacks in china right after their first manned flights, or when their Chang'e-1 probe entered lunar orbit? Why no attacks in Japan right after Selene entered orbit?

Because staged terrorist attacks in Mumbai would not have been executed primarily to defer attention from the moon probe. So with China and Japan, unless there was another very good reason to stage a terror attack (in a plausible way), it wouldn't have been worthwhile.

In short, what I'm proposing is this:
- The terror attacks as a whole were staged in order to plunge India and Pakistan into war and destabilise them.
- The timing of them - as a secondary consideration - may have been set deliberately to kill a second, smaller bird with the same stone, so to speak.

Proof? No, just evidence (by looking at known facts and motivations). This is just a postulation remember. Note the question mark in the thread title. I'm interested to know others' thoughts.

PROOF NO EVIDENCE NO NO NO just pure conjecture, oh a terrorist event no its not that, its the WEST or NWO trying to control what happens with the Indian space program why not just blow up the satelite with their secrect space weapons ,I tell you, you guys should write movie scripts because some of your ideas are laughable
to say the least!

[edit on 18-12-2008 by wmd_2008]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
I tell you you guys should write movie scripts because some of your ideas are laughable
to say the least!

Interesting, 'cos your grammar is laughable... to say the least.

Did I claim this was anything other than conjecture? Evidence is subjective my friend. To one person, circumstances can signal one thing, and to another, a completely different thing. All I set forth was the suggestion that a connection could exist. Interesting that you seem to take such personal offense to an idea. In hindsight, I should have put this topic in skunk works

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I tell you you guys should write movie scripts because some of your ideas are laughable
to say the least!

Interesting, 'cos your grammar is laughable... to say the least.

Did I claim this was anything other than conjecture? Evidence is subjective my friend. To one person, circumstances can signal one thing, and to another, a completely different thing. All I set forth was the suggestion that a connection could exist. Interesting that you seem to take such personal offense to an idea. In hindsight, I should have put this topic in skunk works

Connection, clutching at straws maybe thats all, why not just except the real reason it was a terrorist attack thats all!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Well this doesn't make any sense to me. In what way did the attack in Mumbai distract people from India's Lunar probe? The attack in Mumbai has come and gone and India's probe will continue to operate for at least 2 years. The attack hasn't affected it at all in any way shape or form.

So I'd have to say, No, the attack in Mumbai is not a distraction from India's Lunar probe.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by jra]

Agree....Terrorists who attacked India intruded via ships...and did all those damage....there is no way its any kind of distraction to India's probe.
I am from India and i know what all happened here since than...this incident really shook the whole nation.
Who would even care about probe or anything else when your own families are in such grave danger n are being killed by these terrorists.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

why not just except the real reason it was a terrorist attack thats all!!!!!

You believe Mumbai was a genuine terror attack?

Do you believe 9/11 was a genuine terror attack?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think its very valid to ask "Why did this really happen?" and "Who really benefits?", in good conspiracy-theory tradition.

Your ideas on the big why dont impress me...but its important to keep asking nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

PR plays a big part and I surmise that Western powers would prefer not to share the cosmos with 'third world' nations.

More like: The Western Powers would prefer not to share the cosmos with it's 3rd world Citizens.

Time to knock off the elite club of special people going up. Time for space travel to be open for EVERYONE.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Time to knock off the elite club of special people going up. Time for space travel to be open for EVERYONE.

Also time for the truth about extra-terrestrial contact to be known by everyone. Whilst the superpowers have control over who can and cannot propel themselves to the cosmos, it belongs to them. Nice piece of real-estate

top topics

join