It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GW. Who to believe amongst total confusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
hello

over the last few days ive read on the internet and in newspapers..and heard on tv..totally contradicting reports regarding what is happening to the weather...how is this possible?

for instance...

green.yahoo.com...

and now look at this report..claiming that 2008 was one of the warmest years ever.

lifestyle.aol.de...

i heard last night on german news that the ice caps at the north pole are thinner than ever...but ive also read on the internet that they are thicker than ever.

what the hell is going on?...how is this possible?

is this being done on purpose to confuse us?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The planet is cooling. But aliens living in the center of the earth are trying to melt the ice caps so they can visit the surface on vacation.

Its just that simple.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

there are areas, like the Antarctic, which appear to be cooling, because ice shelves are growing.

this is not necessarily a given, because precipiation patterns are the foundation of any glacier and statistics which show both are few and far in between. i and a few others tried to thoroughly adress the issues surrounding the GW fad a while a go, in a thread, which can be found here

a tell-tale sign of GW's unsound underlying motivation is the simple fact that technologies which could remove CO2 from the atmposphere at reasonable costs are opposed by proponents of AGW, like Greenpeace

Planet saved without taxation! Well, almost...

imho, if they were as desperate about CO2 as they claim, they would have embraced that technology ages ago, since they declined to do that, the only sensible answer is that 'greenhouse gas' emissions are only an excuse for an agenda which is unsuitable for public consumption, in the sense, that it would be rejected outright, if it became widely known.

[edit on 2008.12.17 by Long Lance]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
reply to post by freakyty

there are areas, like the Antarctic, which appear to be cooling, because ice shelves are growing.

this is not necessarily a given, because precipiation patterns are the foundation of any glacier and statistics which show both are few and far in between. i and a few others tried to thoroughly adress the issues surrounding the GW fad a while a go, in a thread, which can be found here

a tell-tale sign of GW's unsound underlying motivation is the simple fact that technologies which could remove CO2 from the atmposphere at reasonable costs are opposed by proponents of AGW, like Greenpeace

Planet saved without taxation! Well, almost...

imho, if they were as desperate about CO2 as they claim, they would have embraced that technology ages ago, since they declined to do that, the only sensible answer is that 'greenhouse gas' emissions are only an excuse for an agenda which is unsuitable for public consumption, in the sense, that it would be rejected outright, if it became widely known.

[edit on 2008.12.17 by Long Lance]

thank for that..i didnt know about that technology and i certainly didnt know about greenpeace being against it.

ridiculous..its like the german government saying they will do everything to fight global warming and then voting against laws restricting how much CO2 a car puts out..

this whole thing is really starting to piss me off...

new topics

top topics

join