It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of Living Pterodactyls and Pterosaurs??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Heres some 'pterodactyl' pics ive just come across, dont know what to make of them, fake?

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Heres another one, very old - www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

this one looks like its from the us civil war -

thes come from Aswang Philippines - www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

This one in Karala India - www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

this shows the head of the civil war shot i think - www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

this ones from 1871 - www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

pictograph on rocks in Utah - www.aliendave.com...

some eyewitness accounts - www.cryptomundo.com...

www.laattorneyvideo.com...

in the bible - www.genesispark.com...

Hackensack river - www.hackensack.org...

this one on 9-11 - angelsfortruth.com...

not sure about this one - www.jeremyshuback.com...

well, what do you guys think? opinions? personally i think its possible but highly unlikely, though some of these seem highly credible imo.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Nice pics but i think this page clears some of this up: baby pterosaurs

peace
stuballs

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hi there - my twa bawbees -

- the first one got me intrigued but my instinct says that this is a photoshop of a large bat and a bird of some type (no expert here) the blend between the two creatures looks a little suspect

- the Philippine ones look like a hanglider dude with his legs crudely airbrushed out and fake wings attached, to me it looks like you can still see his head and helmet

- the one in India could be anything??

- Civil war one (to me) looks like one of those re-enactment photos where they add the sepia effect and in this case a pterodactyl for good measure

- the 1871 whatever was originally shot (if anything) was replaced by an amorphous blob, looks fake to me again I'm afraid.

- the ancient engraving ones look relatively genuine

- the last one is an obvious cgi - and not a very good one - as you suspected yourself

- and the less said about the pterodactyl flying around on Sept 11 the better

Interesting and entertaining none the less (S&F) for effort

Thanks

Berth

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
the ones from the phillippines look waaaayyyy to much like a bat (bat wings are completely different - id show a quick comparison but im about to retire for the evening)

however, im still highly intrigued... did they even know about pterasaurs during the civil war (sepia sounds like a good alternative)??

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
the ones from the phillippines look waaaayyyy to much like a bat

Agreed - a bat wearing a white t shirt, sunglasses, protective helmet and missing it's hang glider - hehe

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Amazing. Could it be photoshop maybe? Or is it the real thing? Here is another image of a strange bird I found, think it is real?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks for this post. Several of those pics look like bats to me. That first one was pretty cool look and had be stumped until stuballs77 posted that page. Some of the others will have to remain unidentified.

Hey Waldy, thanks for the chuckle. I needed that after being at work for 8 hours.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Cryptozoology considers them to be thunderbirds. Atleast the second and third one.

“What then is the Thunderbird? It is a mystery. It has been reported by Native Americans and people today from all walks of life as an enormous bird, larger than any known species, but similar in appearance to a condor. Theories as to what the Thunderbird may be have run the gamut from surviving pterodactyls to the teratorns. The teratorns were large predatory birds from the Pleistocene that exhibited wingspans of upwards of 25 feet. Although thought to be extinct, their general presumed appearance is that of a giant condor-like species, similar in appearence to the Thunderbird. North America has many mysteries, among them the Thunderbird. These creatures are surely one of the most enigmatic cryptids in the world. With misinformation abounding, such as the "Thunderbird Photograph," and the lack of support in searching for these birds, it is no wonder that these creatures have evaded discovery like so many others from around the world.”
Craig Heinselman

www.cryptozoology.com...

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Ant4AU]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Interesting........ i saw the pictures at the top and i think the September 11 picture looked similar to the Mothman maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For a detailed review of "Living Pterosaur" sightings and photos, please see: paleo.cc...

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thanks for collecting them, I love looking at old pictures of bird sightings... but some of the links don't seem to be working.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeltaWonderland
the post is 10 years old. ...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeltaWonderland

Thunderbird/Pterosaur

lol look in that thread. It is old but has had some recent life. It also goes to explain the source material for a lot of the more well known images out there about the thunderbird/pterosaur, most if not all were advertising campaigns. Still no luck in their original picture search.
It is even got some people theorizing that there is something at work to remove "evidence" from our shared timeline. God damn you, nelson mandela.

Dark Forces
edit on 14-5-2018 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join