It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolutionary Idea? or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Last night I was trying to fall asleep when I had an idea. For this idea to even have a chance at working, a larger percentage of the American people will have to "wake up" to what is happening first, and unfortunately it doesn't seem likely that it will happen.

But let's say it does happen, and more people start to realize that there is something wrong.

I propose that we rise up against the current establishment and weed them out. Once ousted from power, the question that remains is with who to replace these crooks?

I say we setup some sort of system where college professors who specialize in American government are randomly appointed to Government positions.

Every single current cabinet member, Senate member, and House member would be thrown out, then replaced with random professors from around the country who would most likely have no ties to the global elite who are controlling our political and financial systems.

Experience in our Government is overrated. Real American men and women who study our way of government would do just fine running our country. They are scholars in the subject and understand the workings of our government and political system. These new appointed officials would also have to take an oath of office swearing to never serve the interest of global elites and international bankers, but instead the American people directly.

The reason I put "or not" in the title of this thread is because I know that there are certain things that could be wrong with this particular plan, and I would like to hear your feelings on the subject.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Last night I was trying to fall asleep when I had an idea. For this idea to even have a chance at working, a larger percentage of the American people will have to "wake up" to what is happening first, and unfortunately it doesn't seem likely that it will happen.

But let's say it does happen, and more people start to realize that there is something wrong.

I propose that we rise up against the current establishment and weed them out. Once ousted from power, the question that remains is with who to replace these crooks?

I say we setup some sort of system where college professors who specialize in American government are randomly appointed to Government positions.

Every single current cabinet member, Senate member, and House member would be thrown out, then replaced with random professors from around the country who would most likely have no ties to the global elite who are controlling our political and financial systems.

Experience in our Government is overrated. Real American men and women who study our way of government would do just fine running our country. They are scholars in the subject and understand the workings of our government and political system. These new appointed officials would also have to take an oath of office swearing to never serve the interest of global elites and international bankers, but instead the American people directly.

The reason I put "or not" in the title of this thread is because I know that there are certain things that could be wrong with this particular plan, and I would like to hear your feelings on the subject.

Interesting idea. I always thought "who would run everything if there was a revolution here in america."

Though, some may be great at what they do and not be natural leaders.

I would hope noam chomsky would help lead.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am on the same level as you.

check out these websites and tell me what you think:

www.thevenusproject.com

and:

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Seriously, I wanna hear what you think.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Do you understand that any uprising is exactly what they want?

In order to make a change for the better, the people need to know how to play the paper game against them.

We can beat them at their own game, it only required the people to know what the rules are. That is why I have posted the threads I have on this related topic.

Knowledge and public awareness, are going to be key in any civil action to correct the government.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The reason that wouldn't work is because most college and university professors are even more FOS than our current politicians, if that is even possible.

Our founding fathers, in the gravest of matters of life and death, left the matter to a jury of a man's peers. Everyday, ordinary folks would make life and death decisions.

We need term limits to ensure a turd turnover, and we need folks with ordinary common sense to represent us. Look what the establishment, consisting of former professors and lawyers have done to us.

Good men have gone to Washington and in no time were as crooked as a dog's hind leg. Once there, they want to dig in like ticks, and avoid having to return to the "real world" and find suitable employment.

Intelligensia is what we've had running the Fed, our tax code, our welfare system, and our education system, which in fact, absolutely sucks.

Term limits alone will clear up this problem without anyone getting killed.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
All that needs to be done is for the general welfare clause abuse to be stopped and the constitution is used as it was meant to be. With the general welfare clause loophole closed, then we will once again have a limited government instead of limited rights. Where if it is not specifically listed in the constitution, then it is not a job the federal government can do. If it is listed in the amendments or constitution, then it is a job that congress MUST do.

Most government program would cease to exist if you close that loophole. These things would once again be on the community level, where the people have the most power.

The general welfare clause is not an open loophole as they use it today where anything that is spun as being "for the good of the country" is acceptable. It is the place that gives congress permission to carry out the amendments. Because as per the 10th amendment, anything not specifically listed is passed down to the states(who also have a constitution with limited powers) and then down to the communities/individuals.

If the government wants to add more jobs for itself, it has to add an amendment to the constitution. It is the only constitutional way. Proof of this is was when they made alcohol illegal - notice they had to add an amendment to get that job. Today, they just do whatever they want. You don't see drugs on the constitution do you?

And of course, liberals generally think the constitution isn't for them, they need something else. Guess what? If you added healthcare or education as a right in the amendment - it is automatically universal. Because that is what a wonderful system we were actually given if people ever wake up.

I don't think a bunch of college professors will get it. Obama is supposed to be a "constitutional scholar" and yet the only one who even brings up the constitution and how it was meant to be followed is Ron Paul.

Also, as for the venus project - That idea is even worse than what we have. Right now they create money and leech off the resources by using the created money to suck them up. The venus project just wants to give them all the resources from the start. It's just more centralization.

What is needed is decentralization, not more centralization. Centralized power is what creates the elite class, it's what creates that pyramid. Decentralized power kills the elite class, it gives the power to the people, and it turns the pyramid upside down with the people at the top instead of the bottom. 1 world government = huge centralization. Your local communities taking care of things = power to the people.

If liberals would ever learn to focus on their own communities for the things they want, instead of making it global - they would do much better. It's fine on small scales where you have lots of variety, can change to another community if you want(while still living in the US, to retain the rights/freedoms), but it's just taking it too far when it gets applied to the nation/world. It's forcing your ways on others and it's just plain out wrong and it just plain out never works.

The first part in zeitgeist about the fed is dead on. And when I mentioned earlier of the listed jobs congress must do - one of them is handling the currency values, which has been given to the fed, and if they followed the constitution would get rid of the fed.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Technicians are the way of the future my friend. I believe that your idea needs a complete mixture of professors from all fields, even then you have to remember that just because you are a proffessor it doesn't necessarily make you better than any other human, as all professors are only professors because they can spew content they were taught on paper without questioning it themself.

This shows you need a mixture of all walks of life, from all countries and all iq types to be part of a new 'social structure'

Therefore when any topic comes up, all people can have a say on it. This allows all side of the argument to be covered. Get me......but I do like the path your ideas are going down, never stop thinking creatively.......and always continue to learn and question......

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Interesting Idea.

I say a better way would be to just cut the federal government off. Just stop making payments to the federal government. Take that money and pay the troops and whatever else needs to be done.

Elect all new leaders and set up a different place where official government matters take place. No violence no uprising just simply cut them off.

By the time they realized what happened and what to do about it - it would be too late for them to do anything about it. I wonder how far they would make it when they realize they have no jobs and the second they step out of Washington DC they would be arrested and be subjected to a fair trial judged by a jury of their peers.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The problem does not stem from people at all, actually it stems from size and the ability to use it to exert power over society, the players could be anybody, its the size and the ability to use that power without restraint or restriction.

top topics

join