It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on Wal-Mart for Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm writing a research paper for my writing class, and I'm thinking about doing it on Wal-Mart. Basically my idea is to explore the effect Wal-Mart has on small businesses and areas where they (WM) are located.

I've done some searching on the site for WM-related info, and I've found some good stuff. But I was wondering if anyone had any really interesting/good info on Wal-Mart and it's shadiness. Any info would be good, really, I'm trying to get a feel for what I can research and write about.

Hopefully I get some responses, because I know there is probably a lot of interest out there on ATS on Wal-Mart's dealings and I'd like to be able to see all the info. Thanks a lot.

And if the mods want to move this to the BTS forum or anything, that's fine. I wasn't sure where to put it.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nobody has any links? For shame... I'm gonna keep bumping this thread though, throughout the next day or two. Because I'm sure there's someone on here with some good info, better than what I can find.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
use the ATS Search function, there are a lot of threads on Wal-Mart, I've seen them, they're here... .

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've used the search, as I said, but I was hoping to get some concise, concentrated information in one easy to access place. LoL. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Try google, if I was doing your project I would start with 1) the effect that walmart has on local business along with how it has single handedly took a lot of business away from malls, in turn that has caused people to lose their jobs (like fabric and dye suppliers who's business had to shut down because the demand went down as a direct result) 2) how walmart gets those low low prices is reselling things they buy even cheaper from china 3) The 5:1 trade deficit we currently have with China.

Those are a few points you might want to research to bring into light some of the problems walmart is causing. Although it won't stop me from shopping there, who could resist in this economy buying stuff that cheap?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I was going to ask the same thing, Faisca, but Im going to hand them out as flyers to passerbys of the new walmart there building near me.

top topics

join