It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Adolf Hitler denied birthday cake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Little Adolf Hitler denied birthday cake

www.news.com.au

THE father of a toddler called Adolf Hitler Campbell says it is unfair that a store denied him a birthday cake with his child's name on it.

New Jersey man Heath Campbell, 35, has decorated his home with swastikas and says he is related to a member of the SS.

But he says it is the store that wouldn't write "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler" on a cake that should be showing more consideration for other people's feelings.

"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did," he told the Associated Press.

But the ShopRite store that refused the cake request says it did the right thing.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," spokeswoman Karen Meleta told the Express-Times newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am really sad for that innocent kid being refused a birthday cake because of his name. That kid does not know what Hitler did and he never chose that name given to him by the Parents.I strongly believe that The kid should be removed from their parents. I think that the world should ban that name being used…. What do you think?

www.news.com.au

[edit on 16-12-2008 by rattan1]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This has already been discussed in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1

I am really sad for that innocent kid being refused a birthday cake because of his name.

This is bad logic... he is simply not allowed to have a cake with the words Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler on it.. he can easily have a cake with Happy Birthday and they can buy some frickin' icing and write their little love childs name on the cake, .. they don't strike me as very intelligent people to begin with....

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
just wait til he takes a history class on world war 2

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wait just a moment here, something about this story stinks.

First of all, what kind of parent names their kid "Adolf Hitler Campbell"? The article says that the father decorates his house with SS and nazi symbols. He says that he is related to a former SS soldier, but Campbell is hardly a German name. So, I am guessing that this guy is a white supremicist, skin head, or KKK member. I know that I am assuming but I think that it is a reasonable assumption.

Second, when I was a kid I had a few birthday cakes. Not one of them had my first and middle name but not my last name. In fact all of my birthday cakes had only my first name on them. That's because a birthday party is a personal event and everyone there knows who the guest of honor is. I doubt that there would have been any problem with "Happy Birthday Adolf". Hell, I had an uncle Adolf. I also doubt that there would have been any problem with "Happy B'day Adolf Hitler Campbell".

So it would appear to me that the father was trying to start something by using just enough of his kids name to be truely offensive. The story doesn't mention it, but do you want to bet that it was a Jewish Bakery? It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
First off, from this day forward, I shall never complain about my name. I dont care for it, but I now know how much worse I could of had it.

With that said, IMO, the store should of made the cake unless a notice of possible refusal is clearly posted in the store.

I also have to say these parents, IMO, are a couple of morons. Why would you saddle a child with the legacy like this? Why does the dad say in one breath that he doesn't push his views on his kids, but then names his kid after one of the most hate-filled men in modern history.

Ten to one says these poor kids will end up one of two ways, either they spend years in therapy trying to get past their screwed up genetic donors or they end up living up to the names they were saddled with.

[edit on 17/12/2008 by lynn112]

[edit on 17/12/2008 by lynn112]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am really sad for the kid because he had the misfortune of being born into a family of racists. Not only that, but stupid racists who thought it would be a good idea to name their son after Hitler. I agree, sounds like the father is trying to start up a controversy just for the sake of media exposure.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
Ten to one says these poor kids will end up one of two ways, either they spend years in therapy trying to get past their screwed up genetic donors or they end up living up to the names they were saddled with.

He could always use his life experiences of being lumbered with such a name and publish a book...any takers for "Mein Kake" ?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Im not saying that what these parents have done is correct or right, but whats to say that they are bad parents? Because they are bringing up their children differently to what is expected of society?

That goes for the mormons and jehova's witnesses and other cult type groups....

Im not defending them, Im defending a parents right to choose what they think is best for their child and Im defending the democratic right to free choice.

yeah, the kid may have issues as he grows up, and Im sure he'll learn to deal with it.

Like Johnny Cash's song "A boy named Sue".

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Oh, good one "ShopRite". Wonderful protest. You've accomplished so much with it. The world is forever changed because of your politically correct stance on not scribbling icing on a cake in the form of a name.

I bet they'd write Mao Zedong, though. His name isn't outlawed on cakes as far as I know, even though he caused more deaths than Hitler.

And good one to the parents of the kid for naming him Adolf Hitler. Real original. It amuses me to see weak-minded individuals making soft, uncreative political statements through something as overused as naming a child after a historical figure.

Get your own political ideologies you idiots. Worshiping Nazis doesn't make you a bad ass no matter how much you tell yourself it does.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1

I am really sad for that innocent kid being refused a birthday cake because of his name. That kid does not know what Hitler did and he never chose that name given to him by the Parents.I strongly believe that The kid should be removed from their parents. I think that the world should ban that name being used…. What do you think?

www.news.com.au

ban a name, for crying out loud!?!?

What next, no ted bundy, no Joe Stalins?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What is t with parents forcing their belifs on their children?
To give a child a name such as this is sheer stupidity, why don't parents think about the future of the child when deciding the name and think about all the hassle and grief the kids going to get at school , and in adulthood.

The kids when little AH goes to school are going to pick on him to see if he is evil. and then any jewish kids are going to resent him becuase their parents told them to.

Then when little AH tries to get a job, the hassle and laughs he's going to get , if he even gets a job.
No company in their right mind is going to hire some called Adolf Hitler are they?

So come on parents, give your child a sensible name.... because your supposed to care for the future of your child aren't you?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The parents did a big mistake with the name of the child.
What a disgrace. What a bunch of ignorant people... that name was given for their beliefs, their will to express an ideology, but for crying out loud, did they ever think about the life of their child?
As for the cake I can understand why one wouldn't write "happy birthday adolf hitler" and this is only one of the problems they are going to have with that name.
I wouldn't want to be in school and carry that name... forget it!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Gawd, us liberals are such a bunch of fascists. We won't even let someone put the kid's name on a cake because we are personally offended by it. My goodness, what a world.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So far there has been a lot of sympathy posts for the kid.

Truth be told, if his parents are supportive of that kind of thing, the kid will be conditioned growing up in that home. He won't hate his name, he'll probably think it's cool, along with any other supremacist ideas, .etc. His name is the least of the worrysome things that his parents are giving him. As for the cake, pfft.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I agree the parents are nuts, saddling the kid with that name, gonna be hard for him- mind you hope these people are consistent and ban things like Che Guevara images!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The Swastika was hijacked from the Hindi's. The symbol represents Birth, Life, Death, and Rebirth.

The Nazis took the symbol and made it their own, and made it to be a dark and sinister symbol.

I am of Jewish lineage, and my feeling is that this child's dad is an extremist. It is not the child's fault that he has the name that he was given by his parents. I would write his name on the cake with pity for the poor child knowing what he has to face in the future.

(1) He is not the Adolph Hitler that persecuted those of us of the Jewish line. (2) The child will no doubt grow to hate the name and change it when he gets older.(3) Why should the child be punished based on the ignorance of the parents.

It would be ironic, if the lad grows up falling in love with a Jewish girl and changes his name. That would be divine justice and could well happen.

However, I would not be offended by a child having a name that it didn't choose for itself. Look at all the infants named after Osama Bin Laden. It doesn't mean that they are going to grow up to be terrorists.

The test of time will prove the true character of the child, and the child could grow up resenting the father's negative and ignorant outlook on people of different races, colours and nationalities.

Adolph is a Germanic name for boys. No doubt, there are many people walking around with the surname of Hitler.

What I feel is that it is wrong to punish a child for the ignorance of it's parents.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
who does this kid play with?

Musilini and little Tojo from down the block.

Who are these morons that name their kids that?

[edit on 17-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If I were the manager there, I'd call a meeting of my staff, and I would say that I, personally, refuse to participate in what is clearly the abuse of an innocent child. I would tell my staff that I cannot legally refuse the customer based on their beliefs, but that I have the personal right to find it offensive and immoral.
Then I would make it clear that if they also all refused, the law would no longer apply because each individual has made their own decision, and the order cannot be completed if there are no employees willing to do it.

Problem solved.

If all staff decide that this is immoral and that they do not feel able to comply with the customer request there is no further course of action. The manager cannot be expected to fire an entire workforce based on the demands of one customer.

I really do feel so sorry for the boy.
If this kid is growing up in that kind of sick family, chances are he'll defend his name and be so indoctrinated he'll never have any real idea of the implications, he'll just grow to be hateful and detached from society.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join