It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Adam and Eve vs. Dinosaurs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Okay so which one came first assuming the bible is true, which it's not.

Isn't Adam and Eve, in the bible, the first entities on earth?
Doesn't that imply that dinosaurs never existed?

Please educate me on the topic

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

"Moses (Drawn Out) Museum Mosoleum"]Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Please note that this is the English version. If you were to be reading it in Hebrew you would note that these are not past event, but current.

We have no need for testament of animals and beasts only men who create.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

But that really doesn't answer the question at all
whales and sea animals are not the prehistoric creatures i'm speaking of

i'm talking about Dinosaurs

Weren't Dinosaurs walking the earth before adam and eve?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well, let's look at this logically.

Adam and Eve had two sons.
Those two sons either built wives, managed to impregnate each other and spawn wives, impregnated Eve to spawn wives, or it was magic!

Dinosaurs. would have already had more than two by the time they evolved from single celled creatures.

Unless someone can correct me on the first one, I have to lean toward the second.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Dinosaurs were created on the 6th day:
Genesis 1:24 ¶ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good...
26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. [moveth: Heb. creepeth]
29 ¶ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. [bearing…: Heb. seeding seed] [yielding…: Heb. seeding seed]
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. [life: Heb. a living soul]
31 ¶ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Cain took a wife from his sisters, why do you people seem to be able to grasp every conspiracy and alien thing but can't GRASP THE SIMPLEST OF THINGS???

[edit on 12/18/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

He married one of his sisters?!?!?! Where was the Garden of Eden, the deep south? On your other point most people grasp the alien/every other conspiracy thing because there is EVIDENCE for them and their arguements follow a LOGICAL PROGRESSION. Look these things up on wikipedia Dude.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Perhaps because there is no mention of a sister in the story of Cain.

Genesis 4

1And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

2And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

13And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Nope, nothing about a sister. But he did go to Nod and then "knew" his wife. So where are you getting that he had a sister?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I have asked this same question to enlightened Bible scholars and there is plenty of proof in the Bible that this could have happened. Also, there is not referance to periods of time...

I think your gotta get clobbered on this one. A great topic. But, with the opening sentance casting doubt about the Bible's integrity... You've already made p your own mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Really and you read the first 5 chapters to ascertain this or you are guessing???

Let me show you how women are shown in bloodlines for the early Adamics and Hebrews...

Geneis 5:4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:

There is also the Idea of Gen1:26 creations being the Races on Gen 1:26 and Adam (Genesis 2), whom would bring us Jesus on the 8th day...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

An absolute blinder of a fight-picking opening line! Star for you for the sheer brass neck you must have knowing the eternal flack you'll gain and for giving me a right good laugh.

I can imagine a skinhead walking into a strange pub saying the same line - I expect you will get a similar roasting so good luck to you!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
Well, let's look at this logically.

Adam and Eve had two sons.
Those two sons either built wives, managed to impregnate each other and spawn wives, impregnated Eve to spawn wives, or it was magic!

Adam and Eve had other sons & daughters who are not named.
(Genesis 5:4) 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

No need for Cain to "Build" a wife. He took one of his sisters or maybe even a niece. The Bible doesn't say how old Cain was when he married.

THe dinosaurs were created during one of the early "creative days". And no, there is no need to limit these creative days to 24 hour periods.

Each day was a epoc, millions of years long.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yes, but that was after Cain had already went to the land of Nod and started having his own children with his wife. Genesis is basically a play by play of what happened in the beginning, Seth came after Abel was killed and Cain was cast out. Then came the rest of his sons and daughters. You're attempting to twist the time line there and it simply doesn't work that way. How could Cain go to Nod and "know" his wife if his wife hadn't been born yet? It's simply not possible.

And yes, I've read the Bible.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
adam and eve were not the first people(according to the bible) it contradicted itself when they banished caine...yet another contradiction to add to the very large list,scholars still weren't too smart back in the day.But even if they were that must mean incest was in the mix somewhere...i dont know where to start.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

AND ADAM HAD MANY SONS AND DAUGHTERS!!!

ATS ate my response?????

Edited to add what was lost:

You are reading it by the chapter and verse, your first mistake. These are narratives that were never written and still arent by Jews with numbers and chapters. They rarely give the daughters births or order of them...

So what do we know about this STORY WITHOUT NUMBERS OR CHAPTERS?
Adam had many sons and daughters 3 of whom were the first sons, but we do not know any of the daughters births orders, AND ADAM DIED...

I also stated that there is a train of thought that Gen1:26 man is not the same Creation as Gen 2 Adam... This would easily give women for Cain... I do not hold to this stheory I believe Cain married a sister.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There are many questions about our religion that is hard to explain.

Like why were the animals cast out from the garden of Eden!
What wrong did they do?

If the snake in the Garden was the Devil. Then the animals should be innocent?

I like to think that if it was important for us to know if the dinosaurs lived before us or among us God would of told us.

I cant find any scripture where humans mentions dinosaurs. The closest we get to the dinosaurs are the Mamutt.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

This has gotta be called out... I am sorry to rebuke in public a fellow believer but this has GOT TO STOP. They Creation can NOT, repeat NOT be long periods of time or a 1000 years for each day and the Creation Story PROVES THIS...

Follow along and see if you don't agree:

Day one - Heaven and Earth and Light.
Day two - Created spaces on the Earth
Day three - Dry land and Seas, freshwater probably, and PLANTS AND HERBS...
Day four - The stars and Moons and SUN...

Here's the problem with this day-age theory that is UNBIBLICAL!!!!

Plants day 3, Sun Day 4, how did these plants that NEED SUN TO LIVE last 1000 years waiting for the Sun to come?

Do not add or take away form God's WORD we are told, do as He says or He is not your LORD.

I don't mean to be harsh but this crapola of Christians trying o make Darwin's theory fit into God's WORD has got to stop. There was NO evolution and God. Evolution requires DEATH for the adaptions that are better to evolve on, as the theory goes. The Bible clearly states that MAN brought DEATH into the world with SIN.. Remember the tree and the SIN and SURELY YOU SHALL DIE... Well Man brought death into the world under the Biblical version, and Death brought Man into the world under evolution this is 180 degrees so they CAN NOT BE COMBINED!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think the important question is why didn't Noah take the dinosaurs onto the ark?

Was it because they were too nasty and evil?

If that's the case why didn't he take along something like this?

Link

Surely if he could take along lions and elephants, he could have taken this fellow as well?

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You can't find Dinosaurs in the Bible? Is this because you've never read it?? hey are very clearly there, land and water and even a FIRE BREATHING dinosaur is in there.

If you meant you've NEVER READ the Bible and therefore you have no knowledge of it being there then well you are wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join