It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by BlackProjects
If the magnetic field is breached then we are vulnerable to high energy cosmic rays which can lead to the destruction of cellular tissue..which in turn can lead to cancer. This is the same problem facing an extended trip to say Mars. In other words we could be toast

No.

The magnetosphere does little to protect us from solar and cosmic radiation. Our atmosphere does that.

The magnetosphere helps to shield the ionosphere from the solar wind. The solar wind is not composed of high energy particles.

The scientists in the film "Magnetic Storm - Earth's Invisible Shield"
would disagree with you.

Magnetic Storm - Earth's Invisible Shield

Every so often the Earth's magnetic field flips poles, and a lot of
scientists believe that is why it is getting weaker right now at
an accelerating rate.

Yes, that is right we are on the verge of Geomagnetic Reversal
and the field will be almost completely gone for a few years
til it is done.

Geomagnetic Reversal

Anomalies have already appeared where the field is flowing the
other way.

They have also said during the lowest point of the field a slightly
higher rate of cancer is likely.

About 100,000 more ppl per year will die due to the increase in
radiation til the field comes back up to decent strength.

It will likely not flip in our lifetime, but it does explain why the
magnetic north pole has been moving south steadily for a long
time as they reference the Angle of Declination for navigation
by compasses.

It also explains the rapidly weakening magnetic field, and could
be part of the cause for this hole in the magnetosphere.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Duh do da smart peoples think this is the first time this has happened?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

From your wikipedia source:

At present, the overall geomagnetic field is becoming weaker at a rate which would, if it continues, cause the dipole field to temporarily collapse by 3000–4000 AD
We have a while to go yet. Granted this is a topic of debate but to think a reversal is imminent is probably alarmist.

From the video regarding the possibility of slightly increased cancer rates during a reversal:

This is something to be concerned about but it won't be a catastrophic event.
My statement did not mean to imply that that magnetosphere does not mitigate cosmic radiation. Obviously it does, but to a minor degree compared to the atmosphere. The statement was in response to the "we could be toast" claim. The temporary loss of the magnetosphere would not lead to a catastrophic rise in cancer rates.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
every 13000 years the earth passes through an alignment with the sun and the centre of our system and the energy from the sun is magnified to the point where it pushes/pulls the earth forcing it to rotate... just like a magnet does when you place another magnet near it.

the flood from the bible? happened 13000 years ago... think about what happens when you have a dish of water, and then suddenly move it. the water flows over the edge very quickly. this is what happens in some places. in other places, where the water disperses from... dryness and heat.

the ice age? nothing but what happens to that part of the earth that gets rotated to the poles. the mammoth in siberia? used to live in a region similar to where kenya is now. the contents undigested in their stomach? that shows you how fast the earth will move... pretty damn quick. The ice age remnants in our current temperate zones? well, that part of the earth was north pole region 13000 previous... and again and again...

Ancient egypt records this has happened 4 times already that has been recorded and passed down since man has been cognisant of his surroundings.

the mayan calendar points to 2012 as the end of the cycle... and that is when, on the winter solstice where the earth is closest to the sun that the next "tip" will happen. And it will happen within one day, not some long lead up... one day.

be ready all as no one can predict how far earth will tip, or where the new pole will sit. science has shown that the pole has been in several places over past history.

Macchu Picchu was built for this purpose. high up and protected by a natural breakwater of mountains to handle the movement of an entire ocean.

US government knows this will happen. That is why the seed storage facility is in the north pole area as a gamble that when the tip happens, the facility will end up in a temperate zone.

Why do you think the powers at be let a black man become president? because this is the last seat of government before all hell breaks loose...

I am sorry. I should have told you sooner.

Ptah

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Tonight I saw some most impressive Northern Lights in the western sky over Toronto. I have never seen them as brilliant in Ontario. And to see them over a large city despite its night time light pollution is strange.

If the sun is not cranking out solar flares as it does at the peak of its cycle I wonder what else might cause these electromagnetic effects?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is there a possible link here to HAARP? If so, what is the possibility that this is some sort of test, or perhaps even an intentional action done as a means to some end most of us would never imagine on our own?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
that is no healthy report; but who takes care not ! of the environment that much?

...and you can not blame it on an Angel's fart this time

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
the ice age?
I am sorry. I should have told you sooner.

It's okay really... all is proceeding as it always has...

But if I could make a suggestion? Forget "Global warming" go out and buy a wood stove, blankets and parkas... your gonna need them,,,

We just had record snowfall in Las Vegas

415,000 Year Temperature Graph

Where did this chart come from? The Antarctic ice drill cores over Lake Vostok that hasn't seen the light of day for about 420,000 years. Despite the fact it is below the ice the lake is warmed by geothermal vents and has microbes never seen before. (fortunately they stopped drilling for now worried about what might happen if the unleashed 1/2 million year old microbe (ya think?
) )

But the point is the core samples show warm times and cold times. Its even on a fairly regular cycle...

Notice where "TODAY" is on that chart...

Now you were laughing about that wood stove? I got mine... took me four weeks to get it with much hassle... but its here

THE ICE DOESN'T LIE

[edit on 28-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Originally posted by TheOracle
Just like I've seen in my dreams.
The Sun is going to appear much bigger, there will be chaos and people will run for cover underground ...

endgame is near my friends

Why is this kind of post tolerated now? Surely a mod should just delete this? This board has gone seriously downhill in the last two years.

I got the feeling that men can chit chat about more darkness and gossips then women ever could do..
And we are not in a middleage jungle anymore where women have no words!
No matter what words!
The conspiracy is really nice, but it makes a big black HOLE (seen) in the universe because of all those pessimists and pi_ss_ed off

Even Ufos were seen, made by germans, with 3 mercedes engines here on ats. ( Could send one PINK UFO to Paris too, would be a nice advertising)
And some do not believe into Ufos...

I feel this magnetic field while sitting at the compu sometimes, and it is no good feeling.
And all the modern nuclear and tests do their best to "complete" a breach.
Whatever breach it might be ...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Mandible]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Very interesting.
Naturally occured or man made?
And NO im not harping on.

Yes. It seems there may be a possibility that we could all end up playing harps in the here-after.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So even more reasons we can't go into outer space.
I thought so.
Perhaps these studies are for flight casting of certain air vehicles.
Ground to altitude conductivity might be the critical mapping going
on in various locations.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join