It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Kennedy in the United States Senate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Please. Don't tell me this is going to happen.

We don't need yet another privileged family to further infest our politics. We are fast becoming a nation that is better described as an aristocracy than any other type. I wouldn't cry if we never saw another Kennedy, Clinton, Bush, Biden,etc. in politics.

Almost overnight, Caroline Kennedy has become the front-runner to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton when the New York senator becomes secretary of State.

The fiercely private daughter of the nation’s 35th president, Ms. Kennedy is better known for her love of poetry and writing civic books for young adults than for any expertise in the rough-and-tumble political world.

But as an heir to one of America’s political dynasties, her urge for public service is not that surprising.

features.csmonitor.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You ain't heard nothing yet. Wait till she runs for President in 2016. By then it will be Camelot IV- The Daddy Girl's Edition

Camelot- The Player
Camelot II- The Changer
Camelot III- The Changer Extended Edition

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
She has no freak'n experience. She's running on name alone. If her name was Caroline Jones and she was trying to run with the same empty resume she'd be laughed at.

Unbelievable!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well, it didn't seem to matter in Obama's case.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sad thing is, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Besides, she'll fit right in with those in Albany who seem to enjoy sticking it to the "little people" of NY.

***Sorry, but I'm a little disgruntled this evening after reading up on our proposed budget in NY state. I guess I'll need to to dig out the vasoline for this one.

[edit on 16/12/2008 by lynn112]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No worries. She has qualified competition.

www.frandrescher.net...

Fran has a certain Sarah Palin quality I just can't quite put my finger on, but would pay dearly to.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Article11]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Does anybody know how much the Kennedy's are offering to pay for Hillarys' Senate seat?

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
Does anybody know how much the Kennedy's are offering to pay for Hillarys' Senate seat?

Just a thought.

No. We don't.

Just a retort.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well the OP mentioned another Biden in Politics, Joe Biden is waiting for his son to return from Iraq from last I heard so he can take his Senate seat, or there will be a place filler till he returns!

Jeb Bush possible Florida Senate run in 2010 i think it is!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Kennedy family seems like political royalty for the democratic party.

I don't think that she belongs in the Senate.

I think that she should have to run for office.

I don't want another member of the royal family in office.

new topics

top topics

join