Originally posted by FlyersFan
(I named the thread like that in honor of 'That 70's Show'
- same time frame for Led Zepplin)
There is an urban legend about Led Zepplin.
Well … supposedly an urban legend.
Allegedly Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin is a devout devil worshipper. He was obsessed with Edward Alexander “Aleister” Crowley, going so far as to purchase Crowley’s home and some of his clothing. Included in that clothing was one of Crowleys long black robes in which Page would walk around the Crowley/Page home in.
Many claim that the reverse speech of Stairway to Heaven reveals the Satanism. Many also claim that the forward speech of Stairway to Heaven reveals Satanism and that the ‘lady’ is the consort of the devil.
Crowley taught this saying – “Do what thou wilt shalt be the whole of the law.” Jimmy Page had inscribed in the vinyl on the third Zeppelin Album “Do what thou wilt. So mete it Be.”
During Led Zepplin concerts, Page would do Crowleys Devil Worship rituals without the crowd knowning.
Anyways – I present to you the reverse speech Stairway to Heaven.
I LOVE THIS STUFF. I don’t believe it means anything.
But it’s still creepy fun to look into.
You Tube of Reverse Stairway to Heaven
Stairway to Heaven reverse speech
More music reverse speech
(some cuss words)
Jimmy Page was only one member of the band. However, the other members must have been aware of what he was doing in regards to what he was doing with the music and albums as well as what he was doing on stage.
So was Jimmy Page a devil worshipper?
Was Led Zepplin a band of co-horts?
Was it all just 70's style anti-establishment fun?
Was it serious or just a big joke?
Does it matter if we are all singing along to songs, and having school proms named after the songs, when the songs are songs that are demonic?
Does it matter?
Originally posted by asmeone2
I've heard somebody trying to explain that "Do what thou wilt" actually means if everyone follows their god-given destiny, things run like clockwork, but people tend to convalute that into "Do whatever the hell you want." But I really do not know the finer details of Thelema or Crowley's writings so I didn't want to elaborate.
Originally posted by dAlen
...Here is the full quote, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" - "Love is the law, love under will"...
57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.
40. Who calls us Thelemites will do no wrong, if he look but close into the word. For there are therein Three Grades, the Hermit, and the Lover, and the man of Earth. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
54. Bahlasti! Ompehda! I spit on your crapulous creeds.
49. I am in a secret fourfold word, the blasphemy against all gods of men.
50. Curse them! Curse them! Curse them!
51. With my Hawk’s head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross.
52. I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him.
53. With my claws I tear out the flesh of the Indian and the Buddhist, Mongol and Din.
Originally posted by Benarius
good marketing strategy.
Originally posted by Angry Potato
I couldn't really care if they were or not.
They could at least sound like Deicide instead of annoying rawk.
"My house used to belong to Aleister Crowley. I knew that when I moved in. Magick's very important if people can go through it. I think Crowley's completely relevant today. We're still searching for the truth. The search goes on. Crowley didn't have a very high opinion of women and I don't think he was wrong. ...."
"My interest in the occult started when I was 15. I do not worship the devil but Magick does intrigue me. Magick of all kinds"
What I can relate to is Crowley's system of self-liberation in which repression is the greatest work of sin. It's like being in a job when you want to be doing something else. That's the area where the True Will should come forward. And when you've discovered your True Will you should just forge ahead like a steam train.