It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Iraqi journalist be tortured and executed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I saw an Iraqi journalist trying to protect Bush by stepping in the line of sight by the shoe thrower. That disgusts me that an Iraqi journalist is willing to protect a man who has declared war against Muslims. Truly disgusting.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Bit of a sensationalist title, don't you think? One may judge a man by observing how he treats those who can do him no good. Why does this have to be about the clash of civilizations and Muslim vs non-Muslim? Yes, Bush is responsible for untold suffering in Iraq, and yes most Iraqi's have good reason to dislike him, but why can't this just be one person protecting another from harm? Spinning this into a traitorous Muslim story will only serve to perpetuate the violence and hate between us.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Should the Iraqi journalist be tortured and executed?

I think we should send the mad Iraqi bomber to pitching camp. It's clear he does not know how to throw a good curve ball.

Seriously tho -- I'm majorily pissed that this journalist has been beaten.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Last time I checked Bush wasn't waging war against the Muslims. Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait and other Muslim nations have yet to see one US bomb dropped on their soil. In Iraq and Afghanistan, we have Muslim working alongside us in an effort to get rid of terrorist that have embedded themselves in their country. You may have your reasons for hating Bush, but there is no need to bring the word Muslim into the conversation. If Bush really wanted to take on the Muslims, I am sure he would have started in the US first. The journalist you mentioned should be honored for protecting a foreign leader and sparing his nation from an international incident.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hmm.

So you are accusing the guy who stood up to protect Bush as being a traitor to his religion?

Really? Seriously?

If so then all I can say is that the muslim guy who stood up to protect the President of the USA is more of a human being than someone who seeks to shallowly and crassly create a divide solely because they can, based on false assumptions of a people that have been spoonfed to them by bigots and propagandists.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I saw an Iraqi journalist trying to protect Bush by stepping in the line of sight by the shoe thrower. That disgusts me that an Iraqi journalist is willing to protect a man who has declared war against Muslims. Truly disgusting.

Good grief, I don't think anybody should be tortured or executed

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i think people need to take it in prespective.

Its one guy throwing a shoe at a nother guy...
sure one happens to be a president, but come on,
not like it was a granade or anything...
at worse he could have got a black eye..
we all need a reality check every once in a while..

sure, the guy that threw it should be punished, but no more than
anyone here should if they threw a shoe at anyone.

Come on, you can tell me that you have not read something bush did
and didnt wana pick something up and bean him over the head..
everyone has their moments.. what kills me is how blown out of
proportion it got..

that that to 2 guys in the bronx, what would happen...
2 guys on the beach...
2 guys anywhere...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

willing to protect a man who has declared war against Muslims.

Bush hasn't declared war against Muslims.

The journalist was very honorable. He stepped up and helped when in fact the secret service failed at their job. He should be honored for stepping in.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Let me ask you this, if your own people work with occupation forces, are they deemed as traitors that needs to be executed as a lesson to others?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Let me ask you this, if your own people work with occupation forces, are they deemed as traitors that needs to be executed as a lesson to others?

Yes, if you're some kind of sadistic sociopath. If your mother was working with the occupation forces, would you execute her as an example to others?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes I would. Think about it. If the Chinese invade and your mom and dad was working for them would you kill them? Or would you join them?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To answer your question, no.

He should be sent to Guantanamo where he'll receive much better treatment.
There will be cute puppies waiting for him.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes I would. Think about it. If the Chinese invade and your mom and dad was working for them would you kill them? Or would you join them?

Wow, Delta, I'm going to assume you're just trolling or being inflammatory for the sake of this thread. I can't believe that you would kill your own flesh and blood to satisfy some misguided ideology. What kind of culture or civilization would you be saving? The kind that kills its mother over politics?

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Its like the American Civil War brother versus brother. Nothing new.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And how does that provide justification?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Looks like you created a thread within a thread.

Not if they are working toward a common goal of removing foreign extremists fighters from their country. We are not fighting the Iraqi's or the Afghans.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
yeah slap him, slap the camera man, slap the Secret service, slap the guy looking on, slap the guy alone in the hallway, the guy down the street and the guy who was sitting on the toilet across the street!
hell slap em all!

Slap em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meuhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

[edit on 16-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If your mom and dad supported bombings in your own community like friends and other relatives who are against occupation, do you think its justified executing your parents for betrayal?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

with all do respect, you need to contemplate what you are posting.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It was a dang shoe and the attempt of stopping the dang shoe for heavens sake.

You want a civil war over a shoe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join