It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With A Secret Service Agent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In case you missed it, earlier this week President Bush was in Iraq where a journalist took off his shoes and threw them at the President during an interview.

Shoes thrown at Bush on Iraq trip

A lot of discussion and ridicule has come from the event, one topic being, the actions of the Secret Service and how the journalist was able to not only throw one show, but two at the President, before they were there to protect him.

There's a great interview here from a former Secret Service agent, who explains what he saw during the interview, why and how things happen during Secret Service protection of a President.

Towards the end of the interview he also gives some very good information on why even the most silly threats towards the President are taken seriously and what will happen to those who make the threats.

Here's the Link to the interview, it's really good.

Many thanks to benevolent tyrant for sharing this video.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would assume that those present would have been searched or go through a detector for weapons such as guns, knives, explosives...

I can see that should this event been attended by large crowds of public populus that they (SS) may have been more alert.

I can also see that if they afforded the reporter time to throw not one, but both shoes, that could explain the problems scrambling jet fighters on 911.

I see some punishment has been aflicted on the perp, having broken bones, etc...
but seriously, he is fortunate that an SS agent didn't just cap his ass then and there.

Obviously, the threat was less imminent that other senarios, yet,

I would hope that some heads role as for those whos job is to protect the President. May be times for a changing of the guard.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
I would hope that some heads role as for those whos job is to protect the President. May be times for a changing of the guard.

Nah, as per the SS Agent in the interview there are always circumstances that dictate the SS's presence in these situations. He thinks the SS reacted as required and there was no immediate danger to the President.

There was no way that a gun or anything of real danger could have gotten into that room, the shoes were the only "weapon" available.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Towards the end of the interview he also gives some very good information on why even the most silly threats towards the President are taken seriously and what will happen to those who make the threats.

And what about the ones who think he deserves a punch right in the nose for the actions that have made their lives a living hell? The fact he illegally made laws protecting his treasonous little butt for any crimes he did?

Coward. I understand the need for secret service, but he hides behind them like a bully running behind his older brother when someone gets mad enough to beat him up.

new topics

top topics

join