It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK survivalists Southerners. Northerners more than welcome :P

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentBlack
reply to post by WatchRider

what the hell did you just say?

must be the king's english.

English vernacular dear boy, Queens English you might say

Merry Xmas Colec.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentBlack
you guys are killing me

first, i had no idea there were so many survivalist nuts (like me) over in england, that is super cool.

second, it's funny as hell to see you brits fuss over north and south as much as we do in the states.

The only difference is, to them we are ALL Yanks!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Hi Northern Raider.
Have you ever been to a wilderness gathering like the one in wiltshire at all.

I will be looking at attending as I think that there will be alot of uesful skills to learn and be practiced.

I think all UK survivalists should try and attend this event to learn any new skills.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156

Hi Northern Raider.
Have you ever been to a wilderness gathering like the one in wiltshire at all.

I will be looking at attending as I think that there will be alot of uesful skills to learn and be practiced.

I think all UK survivalists should try and attend this event to learn any new skills.

No Sir , I have not, many of my associates have been and give it very favourable reviews, I dont do bushcraft survival any more as I am fairly fully occupied with disaster survivalism. But its a good event for people who live wilderness and bushcraft survival of the type practised by Ray Mears, John Wiseman, Bear Gryls, Les Hiddins etc. I may attend the next one as I will be with some other survivalists in Somerset next Sept when its on.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
anybody serious about meeting up i live in the s.wales area

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowdrill
anybody serious about meeting up i live in the s.wales area

Theres quite a large group in Ludlow ???
Next lot I know is in Exter but there books are closed to new members.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hi All,

Yeah I'm a London Survivalist. I know getting out of the city in an event, would be hard, but with good street knowledge. If you survive the inital catastrophe. London would be a haven of food, weapons and places to hide and lurk for survival.

Peace...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
Hi All,

Yeah I'm a London Survivalist. I know getting out of the city in an event, would be hard, but with good street knowledge. If you survive the inital catastrophe. London would be a haven of food, weapons and places to hide and lurk for survival.

Peace...

Hi RA I admire and respect your urban survivalist attitude, if you get chance can you post some views, tips and concepts for other folks who could be trying to prepare in cities.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yes any city survival skills I believe will be more than well received.
I live in a city suburb but I am fortunate enough to be able to leave the city boundry within 5 minutes walk.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
According to Google maps I'll be able to walk to the M25 in 4 hours.

That's not having to worry about everyone else leaving at the same time either.

*Needs to get out methinks*

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

That's not having to worry about everyone else leaving at the same time either.

*Needs to get out methinks*

4 hours walking or 4 hours of tactical moving to get out past road blocks, authorities and or panic stricken mobs ?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The more I post on this particular forum the more I begin to realise we need to get togther in England as a group of survivalists for a very very very long weekend of discussion and information exhanging.

For example Nirgals comment about getting as far as the M25 carpark, then what ?. I have a map marked up years ago that show the "" Forcast Migration patterns" expected if a huge event buggered up the UK, On it you can clearly grasp that while many break out and head west and north, they walk bang into more people fleeing Birmingham,Leicester, Cardiff Swansea etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider
4 hours walking or 4 hours of tactical moving to get out past road blocks, authorities and or panic stricken mobs ?

Oh my, I hear that on two, very clear-channels.

As I've said before I'm hoping to GOOD in the not too distant future, I've a few ideas for when I reach the new location that'll obviously need looking at but for now...

I've a few days off now. Tomorrow I hope to have a walk and investigate what I've seen on the maps. Most of it i'm sure will tell me what I already know, that is GET OUT!

Make a plan, and MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Oh my, I hear that on two, very clear-channels.

As I've said before I'm hoping to GOOD in the not too distant future, I've a few ideas for when I reach the new location that'll obviously need looking at but for now...

I've a few days off now. Tomorrow I hope to have a walk and investigate what I've seen on the maps. Most of it i'm sure will tell me what I already know, that is GET OUT!

Make a plan, and MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

Let other people help you when you are choosing a new place to reside in, its often amzing what great points a third party can pick up on.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
forgot my password but this is bowdrill i say again is anyone serious about meeting up

all the
best

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Evening, another Londoner here. Good to know that there are more like me out there.

I mainly plan for events such as loss of power/water/food because of a temporary situation, but if TSHTF and I have to leave then I plan to use my bike.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join