It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming attack on ATS by MSM

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Does anyone have the numbers of most recently added people chatting here... I bet half are agents

I am not speaking of anyone in particular, but I have definitely noticed an influx of alot of new posters who seem to be anti-ats, always making fun of the site and it's members.

They tend to monopolize threads and flock in packs.

Can't be sure of motives, but there does seem to be an influx!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Does anyone have the numbers of most recently added people chatting here... I bet half are agents

Half and half bet :

Aren't you one, Jkd ?

Sept.08 !

Everything is checked, my psychiatrist told me so. He said i'm fine, so no worry.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It just troubles me greatly when I hear talk of censoring the net and the free exchange of ideas , even if I disagree with what is being said .

I also find it very suspect to see someone , specially a media outlet , try to link the free exchange of ideas to an illness , or contributing to an illness , when there is so much more out there that does cause mental illness in people .

A bit off topic perhaps , I would like to see a strong organized movement to keep the net free and uncensored for all times , perhaps ATS and us ATS participants can in some way start this movement .

A regulated net will equal a loss for us all .

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I just want to reassure you I do not stand for a regulated Internet.

With that said, should we censor ABC from printing an article such as this?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

No not at all but we should excursus our right freely and openly to point out how silly , or justified , they may be in accordance with our beliefs . We should also ask ourselves at any report of " news " just why they have decided to deem that particular report as news worthy .

When big money and big organizations are involved in something what you see and hear is not by chance or happenstance , just who decides what news is ? Why is one thing considered news worthy and another thing not considered news worthy ?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The individual reporters decide what they should write an article about, should there be no immediate news occurrences in which they have been assigned. This particular reporter chose to question the effects of internet conspiracy theories, such as the reptilians, might have on the minds of the mentally ill.

She actually did the right thing in the sense that she did not draw an immediate conclusion in which states; conspiracy websites cause mental illness' to perpetuate.

She will probably even receive a promotion for such articles because of the immense reaction amongst the huge number of conspiracy theory supporters - whom many of which flocked to NBC's website to immediately confirm this outrage to our community. That is NBC's motive after all, to gain a healthy profit.

Should the article have said, "Conspiracy Theories Cause Mental Illness" then she would have been fired and thus exiled for being a bias unfit reporter.

Instead, she did what all good journalists do; raise questions. If not for journalism's history of questioning the popular belief (which in this situation the popular belief is that conspiracy theories do not cause mental illness'), we could arguably believe that the world is flat - a presumed popular 'truthful' statement previous to being questioned.

[edit on 12/18/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I commented on the site several times, continuing to give them critisim for editing my comments and blatantly cutting my comments off so as not to display the full content of my commentary. In addition i made comments on their comment list about how i was being edited and that was cut off too...now i am not even allowed to add commentary and the comments aren;t even being displayed...any of them! so as to preserve what i sent them, i will post my original comment here...
"Are you seriously suggesting that alternative views are a sign of mental instability?? How creepy is THAT?? When the main sources of this world's information begins to tell us that keeping an open view to ALL possibilities no matter how strange they may be, one has to wonder what would posses them to justify it as some sort of illness! I'm not sure I believe in most conspiracy theories, but I am willing to say that when someone tells you not to consider things outside the realm of standard information, that they are trying to secure some sort of a lie in order to keep them uneducated. Suppose this happened in the time of Copernicus, oh wait, IT DID, and he was punished for his beliefs. Imagine that, punished for expressing insane ideas like a heliocentric model of the heavens when we clearly know in this day and age that earth is at the center and that the sun, moon and stars are fixed on glass orbs that surround our earth, DUH! Well, at least they pardoned him after some time had passed, DURING THE CLINTON ADMINISTRATION!! Is that what we are to do? Express unpopular ideas only to get punished and pardoned hundreds of years after our deaths? I gotta tell you, for a bunch of intelligent people, you guys at ABC are acting like a prison b*tch, how about growing a pair and letting the general public hear some real intelligent newsworthy material instead of this fantasyland bull that pays for your extravagant lifestyles!"

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

The anthrax attacks were done by a CDC scientist ...Mc Veigh was a soldier with an agenda....When the government says it is a conspiracy from abroad look within the system for the real truth

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

I'm from the government.... I'm here to help you!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by strokker
reply to post by interestedalways

I'm from the government.... I'm here to help you!

Would you care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

I am not speaking of anyone in particular, but I have definitely noticed an influx of alot of new posters who seem to be anti-ats, always making fun of the site and it's members.

They tend to monopolize threads and flock in packs.

Can't be sure of motives, but there does seem to be an influx!

I have noticed this too and the longer you are on the site the more you notice such things. Same with msm the more you watch their bs the more you pick up on it.

So im not surprised if disinformationists and those working for gov coming on here to discredit the site.

Having some suspicion is healthy it helps you to think & analyse.

Even intuition gets a bad rap even though its healthy part off all humans not many use it. Its another thing that has stopped us from evolving and using wisdom to make connections.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

I never said I don't work for the DOD.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411

I never said I don't work for the DOD.

Dogs off distinction or Department of Defence?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yoda this thread popped up still fairly new:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In relation to marijuana and voices in her head. Not sure if its a sincere thread but it brings me back to the ABC thread.

Its the second thread i have found where youngsters are coming on saying that are having problems and need advice. Quite similar to the weiss thread. Do i smell sometthing fishy.

I think its the wrong site to attack when everyone does their research.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Actually it's Department of Dimensional beings.

Thanks for the thread, but I'm tired of debating angel

I also think we all agree but it's just more fun to debate.

The connection we have all made so far is...

Internet Censorship = Bad.
Link Between the two = Needs more studying.
Mental Delusions Fueled by Anything = ATS is part of anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh, and my new subject for debate is against literal creationists.

Evolusion is Science, Creationists Delusional

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I am starting this thread in response to the recent comments from ABC that tried to link conspiracy websites to mental illness .

When you look at the current state of world affairs it is becoming more and more unpatriotic to go agents group thought . More and more we will become labeled as fanatics or nut jobs , becoming the punch line of late night TV jokes and scorned in the media .

We need to take heed of these recent comments and watch with a close eye to insure that our right to free speech and thought is always a protected right .

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Max_TO]

Sounds familiar. Sort of how those of us that beleive in the right to keep and bear arms are generally treated as of late. Nut jobs and crazed malitia men. This is nothing new, it's a tactic used by those that have an agenda (WHAT EVER that agenda may be).

You must first either vilify or discredit your opposition (opposition being anyone with an unorthodox or "unapproved" point of view) in order to gain public support. The best way to do so is to build a concensus (whether real or imagined) and use the mainstream media to convince the general public of it. This way "we all" can shout down the dessenters of what ever the issue at hand is and they will look like looney's instead of open minded individuals that don't follow the heard.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Damn Bro! Now you're but schoolyard bully! I never thought you were that bad... Just misunderstood and VERY vocal..

LOL. I am a loquacious one. What can I say. I am passionate and I react first and think later. It does not always pay off but it is almost always fun. I go to bed smiling every night. Always great to see buddy Jesus.

First it comes in tiny sprinkles

That clear sky born drop that shocks you from nowhere. -Blame ATS for a kid killing himself-. It feels fat and angry but is all alone. No clouds. No other drops, right? Put your head back in the sand, it will be ok. No more rain. What is that? another drop? -Companies can whine google into doing their bidding.- "Do not worry. These are the rantings of a madman; a lunatic. He screams for you to get an umbrella but you need not heed that warning, sheep" but then, just then... another drop. -ABC blames David Icke and generic old conspiracy websites for contributing to mental illness.-

Just wait. tiny little drops

[edit on 18-12-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join