learn more

The coming attack on ATS by MSM

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Its Neuro Association Conditioning.. given enough time you're going to associate alot of things with doom and gloom or worry.. theres a very small percentage of people on here that AREN'T depressed or in some way mentally ill.. this is just reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Okay, so suppose ABC doesn't have evidence for their claims and this really is a psy-ops directed at making people who go to conspiracy theorists delusional. What would their motivation be? I would argue that there are LOADS of websites that are written by crackpots where if someone were to go to that website they would become as deluded as the owner of that website. Sure, there are genuine conspiracy theorists but keep in mind-- this is the world wide web. Maybe there could be a lot of amateurs who own websites who could potentially delude people into becoming mentally unstable and at loss with the real world? I don't know, but it's just a thought... and ATS probably isn't mentioned by this article because ATS is a pretty sane place as far as discussion boards go...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Okay, so suppose ABC doesn't have evidence for their claims and this really is a psy-ops directed at making people who go to conspiracy theorists delusional. What would their motivation be?

It's not psy-ops directed at trying to make us delusional; it's spin control trying to make sure that the public perception of conspiracy theory remains negative, and in fact is transmuted into a far more threatening image than the goofy tinfoil-wearing conspiracy nut stereotype of the past.'

It is trying to associate conspiracy theories with insanity and delusion in the public eye.

It's a public image thing.

(edit to say that this is my opinion. Some people would go much further and say it's preparing the way for a crackdown on alternative news sites)

[edit on 12/17/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Most of these are not theories at all. When one single shred of evidence is uncovered, it ceases to be a theory and becomes a possibility.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Why would ABC want to falsely distort ones perception on conspiracy theorists?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I read in a book called Conspiracy Theories: Pocket Essentials that basically said people have this perception in their mind that since Hitler was into conspiracy theories that people usually downplay conspiracy theories. People also downplay conspiracy theories because of things like the Protocoles of Zion and other books that degrade against religion and race and the like... it's not just the MSM that's does this. This perception of conspiracy theorists as being delusional Hitler wannabes is not really new... I don't think it's spin control I just think that it's the kind of perception that the public has of conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I haven't read this whole thread but isn't ATS trying to go against the MSM?

but they still have an ad for MSMBC on the home page

Kind of hippocritical dont you think?

[edit on 17-12-2008 by designerplague]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

I don't know. I would look to the people in the NWO or Global Meltdown forums to know stuff like that.

At a guess?

They got scared by the Ron Paul phenomenon, scared because even though that was smushed, conspiracy sites continue to grow in popularity, and tend to be anti-corporate.

They also provide alternative sources of news and entertainment from the various Disney-owned stations and studios (I believe ABC is Disney-owned).

They are a potential source of information that is not controlled by the mainstream, and may not play by the rules of the economic and political powers who are used to being able to influence which stories get play.

Reply to FrankIdealist

The difference that I see is that first, they have taken a step to actively feed that perception to the public in the form of a 'news' article that is actually just an opinion piece dressed up to look like news. and second, that they are pushing an image of paranoid schizophrenia to replace the old image of harmless eccentric when people think of "conspiracy theorists".

[edit on 12/17/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yes Disney owns ABC as well as ESPN.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by Yoda411

I don't know. I would look to the people in the NWO or Global Meltdown forums to know stuff like that.

I have a hard time believing the leaders of the NWO came to ABC with wishes for them to dis-credit the ATS crowd.

Just imagine the conference call, "We here at ABC like to spread false ideals in an order to boost our own ratings".

[edit on 12/17/08 by blowfishdl]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Since I don't particularly believe in the NWO conspiracy, so do I.

But the people in those forums tend to have a much better grasp on what the ties are between various financial, corporate, and political entities than someone like me who mostly hangs out in the Metaphysics forum.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I personally think the media is this way because of lies they have told in the past and therefore they are basically under control as to not be exposed. It would also be my opinion that this either started with Forestall, Patton, or JFK. And that since they helped perpetrate the original lie, they are at the mercy of whomever it is that has this leverage over them. They cannot start telling the truth now as they will be exposed and their credibility ruined. How long could an agency such as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...etc continue after losing their credibility.

This works much the same way as a politician who takes a gift from a lobbiest or other party. They at are at their mercy for if they do not do as they are told, the party has the ability to expose them and ruin their career/life.

[edit on 12/17/2008 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is there any evidence of regulation on news companies?

After all, we supposedly have freedom of press.

[edit on 12/17/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by swdecord

It is literally impossible to decipher how the pyramids were built and to decipher other miracles of life

That is the point of this site...To offer our views and discuss "not normally discussed" ideas or observations...And to NOT judge...

Well, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. In fact, every time you post, you are essentially offering your opinion, as am I. My opinion is that people that believe that the rulers of the world are really reptilians that have taken over human bodies are delusional. Can I prove that? No, nor can someone prove that reptilians have taken over human bodies. However, common sense tells me that is very unlikely. At some point, common sense needs to play into any discussion. Common sense also says that to hold a belief when there is no evidence to support that belief is delusional.

Delusion,Definition:A fixed belief that has no basis in reality, and is not affected by rational argument or evidence to the contrary.

BTW, I specifically singled out the reptilian conspiracy theory from others that you mentioned. I purposely did not include UFO's or ET's because there are flying objects that have not been identified, and ET's potential existence does not go against the reasonable definition of common sense.
As to deciphering the construction of the pyramids and the "miracles" of life, that is a work in progress of scientists, historians, and others, who are making progress in both areas. Miracles are merely events that have no yet been explained.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I do not have Yoda's stamina and must get myself to bed.

I'll check in again tomorrow to do some more :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

lol good night

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

hahaha
nice.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This clip, no matter how many times it gets posted, always seems to portray the reality of the situation more clearly than anything I could ever write or say.

Here is your truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Awesome man, thanks I have not seen that before. I suppose I should be ashamed of that; however, truth is truth and I am at least glad I got to see it today. I am going to bookmark the video and send it to friends. Is this just part of something longer that has some more good stuff, or is it the only relevant part of the video?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

That is a good one, and I haven't seen it before so apparently it hasn't been posted enough. Thanks for sharing.

I know we are being fed garbage through the tube, and I also know there is a possibility that this article was some sort of politically (or economically) motivated propaganda.

With that said I'm not as easy to fall to the most obvious conclusion, and like to raise questions no matter the topic. The more I get emotions spinning, and the more questions that are raised the closer we get to finding real answers.

I could have easily agreed with all of the Internet in saying this is NWO propaganda to promote Internet censorship, dis-credit our favorite website, and draw people away from conspiracy theories.

The reason I choose to debate is two-fold:

1.) Paranoia is almost definitely increased by believing false, and unscientific theories. Delusions could also be a result of believing too much crap on the Internet.
2.) If nobody did represent the other side we would all be just as close to sheep as we would be if we all agreed with everything in the news.

Thanks for the discussion tonight everyone. Get some sleep!

[edit on 12/17/08 by Yoda411]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join