It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality and Insanity wheres the line?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What is insanity what makes us sane or insane...

If i got visited by aliens and told my story i would be put into a hospital and drugged up!

some would argue there are safety barriers for the Matrix and its cause

others would argue you should be drugged and strapped up for thoughts of that nature lol

Peoples thoughts please

[edit on 16-12-2008 by theflashor]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i think everyone is a little mad! Before people make assumptions about people they should realize that!

There are however people with skitzophrenia (Excuse spelling) who are actually very ill as my mother is a social worker!

I personally don't think people will believe without proof or evidence, the statements some people make! e.g. Being abducted!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
yes given, there are cases or brain disorders like skitzophrenia which are obvious illness's.. But nowadays if somone suggests somthing or implies somthing which is anything out of the ordinary there looked down upon.. Just think most topics that are discussed here,. In the mainstream public it would be dangerous to speak of such things. Even subjects like Aliens (which has been around all our lives) theres a taboo and if your not with an intelligent person you may get shot down (social suicide) -

Say if you spoke of screens where you could watch people before televisions was invented.. Surely you would be looked upon as crazy!

thats just an example,. but you do see films were people are locked and drugged up and it turns out in the film that they are spirtually in contact in some way. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Yeah i agree most people are looked down upon when they come up with such as suggestion!

I think maybe people should be more open minded, and there is no reason why the government should coverup such mysteries unless there is something bad going to happen to the world that they know about, and don't want to create mass panic!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
If i got visited by aliens and told my story i would be put into a hospital and drugged up!

Insanity would be believing that you were visited/abducted by aliens, when in fact you were not. It would be the derangement caused by hallucinations, paranoid delusions, and psychosis. Also any severe form of mental disorder including schizophrenia or paranoia.

In simple terms, it is the separation from reality which coins the word 'insane'. Insane means you do not have a healthy mind, and are not free from mental derangement.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Perception is reality at least from you own standpoint since thats the only true perception one can know.

So if your insane then yes insanity is reality but at that point its not really insanity its just life

Viewing others as insane is just your own perception of your surroundings and how people differ from your own norms.

I think there for I am, I am there for I think. Since I can only true know my own thoughts I can only trully know that I exist.

Have a great day!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think there for I am, I am there for I think. Since I can only true know my own thoughts I can only trully know that I exist.

lol thats a mouth full,

ok let me put it another way...

DOGS See in black and white that dont mean colours dont exist becuase we know they do but to a dog theres no such thing. -

but if a dog could do science the dog would still not know of colour. it would not exist..

so spirituall worlds etc etc.. Just because we cant or its near impossible to proove it dont mean its not there correct???

Now Mediums if you beleive what they say is true thats fine. But if you dont beleive this implies that the medium has a form of Insanity RIGHT>!>?

interesting topic > thoughts?

(sorry about spelling btw)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The line of insanity and reality are rather hard to find unless one does have a mental illness which makes sence of some crazy ideas. I think if one does not have a mental illness no matter how odd or out there the idea seems it should be looked at, then again i think people with close minds are insane since they have not looked out of the box and are stuck inside it, thinking rather sane peoples ideas or suggestions are to out there and should be drugged up.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
another example for instance ESP(being able to pick up on peoples energy and emotions) which is another debated existance.

If one had ESP but could not interpret it correctly this could cause paranoia like situations surely? then they would also be classed as crazy and insane same as the medium that claims to be able to speak with another dimension? cant be proved so there crazy and insane?

obviously the guy that thinks a 20ft pink hippo is chasing him is a different matter. lol

new topics

top topics

join