It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step out of the box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok, here's something that's going to be hard for some people to do. Let's play "pretend" and forget all you "know" about aliens. Forget the theories about the reptoids being a dominate race using the greys in their quest to dominate Earth by morphing into all of our world leaders and anyone of any importaince which only a few people can tell they're actually reptoids and can't back up their claims with any evidence. Let's just start with a blank slate.

Imagine, if you will, we're a interstellar spacefaring race. And we're explorers. Oh, yeah, and we're not human, with all of our human tendancies. We're a totally different race of being. Let's say we're the gerbil people. We are playful and like to explore things. But smarter. As we're scanning deep space with our scanners, we notice a strange signature coming from a planet which we suspect harbors primitive life. We've been detecting radio waves in increasing strength coming from this little world, and so we're observing it from a distance, watching as these non-gerbil people develop as a society. That's where we are when we recieve this strange reading.

The reading is that of an our of control atomic reaction. Something which has a larger destructive force on the atomic level then anything observed on this little rock before. And shortly after the first, there's a second. This warrents some investigation. What the heck happened down there?

Now we, the gerbil people, start to check out this planet through first hand observation, trying to see what was going on. As the clues come together, we realize it was actually a weapon, released by these non-gerbil beings on themselves. Curious. Why would they do that? Ahh, war, one country is trying to kill of another country. Look at all those primitive flying and floating devices firing explosives and pieces of metal at eachother. But it ends rather quickly after begining observations.

By observing radio transmissions, and translating their strange, flowing language, we begin to realize which nation fired off these run away nuclear reactions. We start observing this nation, assuming it's the aggressor. After all, it did drop those bombs, and is occupying 2 other countries.

We watch for a few more years, and see the little guys try to develop a world order of law to keep these wars from happening. Well, that's what we hear from intercepted transmissions. But immediatelly, these people vote, and the aggressor is back in another country killing their fellow non-gerbils. After several years it happens again. And again. But these recent times are different. It's like they like to fight these wars for the sake of the war. They fight fight fight, and then leave, allowing the same situation to crop up again.

Now, our superior gerbil mentality tells us a few things from this. First off, this seems to be a scientific warrior race of beings. They seem to like to fight. From our observations, even individuals in the same countries fight and kill one another. And there are places for these little creatures to turn their own bodies into weapons. This is a very agressive race. And if they were all to unite under a common goal, they would be dangerous indeed. So why on Gerbilton would we expose ourselves to these creatures? We wouldn't, we will observe and plan on what to do if they ever start trying to conquor space.

Just another idea to fling around in your brains. Just remember, all of our facts about aliens are actually just theories.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Very well Put, Why in anyone's right mind would an ET race come to earth an interact with humans, Humans are morons for the most part, we just repeat over an over what has been done thruout our lifetime Fight like lil mice over a piece of cheese. its insane actually the amount of crap that mankind can achieve yet we still hurt an kill people base apon ideas, not even crimes, but ideas of how we got here an so forth. Simplicity could be the way to change everything, its call STOP acting like a close minded yahoo!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good points,and I agree for the most part.We are a war/violence-loving race,no question about it.If the shoe were on the other foot and I myself was surveilling such a violent species,I would not want to toss myself right down into the middle of their society and announce my presence.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"It'll be like Hey theres a bunch of people throwing fireballs at each other, lets go down there an offer snowballs"

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is when these grey and reptoid theories became fact. Seems like whenever someone talks about aliens, they have to make their ideas fit within this ficticious society of grey/reptoid that has developed over the years.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So when are we gonna meet the Gerbiltons?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
... We wouldn't, we will observe and plan on what to do if they ever start trying to conquor space.

Planet Gerbilitron is safe, because as you know from having observed us, we are nowhere near conquering 'space'. Nowhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by senshido
Planet Gerbilitron is safe, because as you know from having observed us, we are nowhere near conquering 'space'. Nowhere.

...Now. But look to history to see how ingenious man has been when the necessity was there. Some of our most incredible advances came in our darkest hours. If humanity was threatened, at least in our minds, by invaders from another world, I think we'd be surprised the kinds of technology which would spring into existance. Then, after having downed a few alien craft, we'd begin the wonderful job of reverse engineering. Some would say this has already happened in New Mexico...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
So when are we gonna meet the Gerbiltons?

You already have! In order to observe you better, we have made a point of populating your planet in a very unexpecting way: We've become your pets! Yep, that's right, we morphed ourselves into cocatoos and now observe you as you talk and sing to us. HAH , and that is great when you guys sing to us! Hilarious! None of your voices can match that of the greatest gerblite, Furry! He was good!

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who is to say that Aliens do not act exactly like human beings? I think the biggest misconception about aliens is that they must have figured everything out and live in a paradise society. The biggest shock about aliens might not be that they are visiting our planet but that they turn out to be a lot more like us then some people hoped. Aliens may also be dealing with starving people, social unrest, wars, poverty, corruption, and political problems.

Technology does not make a civilization moral.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Who is to say that Aliens do not act exactly like human beings? I think the biggest misconception about aliens is that they must have figured everything out in live in a paradise society. The biggest shock about aliens might not be that they are visiting our planet but that they turn out to be a lot more then maybe some people wanted. Aliens may also be dealing with starving people, social unrest, wars, poverty, corruption, and political problems.

Technology does not make a civilization moral.

LOL No kidding! As far as the aliens having problems, that's definatelly a likelyhood. The thing is, we don't have a standard to hold as a typical intelligent species. We're it, here, unless you want to include dolphins and grey parrots. Both of them are very non-warlike, but haven't developed technology.

The point I was trying to make is we need to get away from this hole many have put themselves in. The people who are going to look to the extreams, our conspiracy theorists, the people who bring to light that which wishes to stay dark, are stuck in a rut. It's the greys and reptoids. That's all they're really looking into. What if that's all lies? What if it was some 13 year old kid surfing the web who planted a seed in some conspiracy theorist's head and it took off from there.

The alien story we have now is a conspiracy theorist's dream come true. You have all governments and all leaders within those governments working against humanity. They're not even human. And it's all part of an invasion. Perfect conspiracy, just what everyone wants to find and expose...Which is why I find it so implausable. It's almost as if a bone was thrown to us to keep our eyes off of the prowler going in to steal our master's valuables.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The ET group(s) with dominance (service to self) in mind would likely manipulate those humans whose minds parallel theirs, while not allowing too intimate a contact with those humans. Any ET race that may be giving a governing human group some technology would only give them enough to serve the ET agenda, but not enough to give humans the edge over them. Plus, in regards to the methods used for acquiring this domination, I would suspect that mind control and conditioning would be the tools of choice. Any advanced civilization knows of the importance of psy-ops. It is more powerful than destructive weapons alone because, with it, no killing is necessary---only self-enslavement through conditioning. Avenues for ET psy-ops could be through fear (abductions), dreams, psychic influence, false memory implants, MIB's (ET's posing as gov agents to create tension/distrust between citizens and gov, furthering social destabilization), sightings, and manipulation of world leaders.

The ET group(s) with peace (service to others) in mind, would most likely use psy-ops as well, but would follow a different agenda. I would suspect that impinging upon the human psychi through dreams, sightings, crop circles, and Out Of Body contacts (and rarely perhaps through physical contact). Such methods could yield a desired outcome in those who are more open and accepting of peaceful contacts with ET's, without a forceful interference on the human subject's belief system and mental attitudes/conditioning. Such ET's would not wish to simply land in front of a person unable to accept ET's into his/her belief system because such an event would force a belief (a knowing) in the ET presence before the subject was ready for it. This may then result in catastrophic confusion and insanity. It is then better to subtlely condition the entire human population slowly over the course of generations to becoming more used to the possibility of an ET presence. It is interesting that most UFO sightings take place over South and Central America. Could it be because these people are naturally more accepting and open to ET's? It is also quite ingenius (in my opinion) that crop formations were chosen as an avenue for direct communication with humans. Such a method is superior to radio communications/signals or direct gov contact because crop circles ensures that no gov or power can interfere by covering it up or manipulating the evidence. It also ensures that the evidence is available to everyone, and not just to a few elite or choice individuals who may end up succumbing to human selfishness and ego, and abuse of power. Additionally, making crop formations ensures that those who are open to what the evidence suggests will be able to accept it by pointing to the myriad of unreplicable anamolies associated with them; while those unable or not ready to accept an ET presence can still retain their old belief system by pointing to hoaxes and gov disinformation. Ingenius!!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Awesome! I totally agree with you on this. I think humans, all too often need to find a conspiracy in everything simply to justify their fears of the unknown.

top topics

join